Possibility of WWIII

JamesSuth

I personally think the next big event is the Rapture, and all we are seeing is God preparing the world for the disease, wars and economic collapse post Rapture. It looks like God is holding back the serious disease, wars and economic collapse that we've been expecting for ten years or so now.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I guess it's possible the Lord will tarry and will allow humanity to enter another dark age and 'try again' as an ultimate act of mercy. I selfishly hope He is soon returning though.
If have given this a lot of thought the past couple days.....admittedly, a lot more thought than I have given to similar comments in the past.....simply because I do see the possibility of a WWIII situation given these recent positionings by so many nations. Could this whole thing just come to a head and then plunge us into a dark age, and then we wait hundreds of years for the Lord's return?

The singular, most crucial thing that makes me say "no....absolutely not" to this scenario is Israel. There is no way....with so many wanting her demise, and most of the rest simply indifferent..... that Israel could survive much longer in this current situation. So if this reset of sorts and dark age were to happen, this would require one of two scenarios:

1) the complete undoing of the prophecies fulfilled in 1947, 1949...Israel would have to not be a nation again, and her people would need to be scattered again. Or
2)the destruction of Israel.

Either would have to start the cycle of Israel all over again, at the least before 1947.....returning her to a barren, abandoned wasteland.

Since the prophecies have been fulfilled, and God does not "unfulfill" them....and I don't see anything in the Word that could support this scenario, My end thought is that this idea does not line up with scripture, and therefore is not a possibility.

(Thank the LORD!!!)

Last edited:

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
the trickle of Jews that began in the late 1800s increased, and the BALFOUR declaration plus the fall of the Ottoman Empire meant that Israel would form again. Most of the church didn't believe it, and scoffed at the dispensational preachers who stuck to the truth of the Word of God and said Israel would come to life again, and they thought it would be soon.
WOW.....just wow.....and this really ministers to me.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I personally think the next big event is the Rapture, and all we are seeing is God preparing the world for the disease, wars and economic collapse post Rapture. It looks like God is holding back the serious disease, wars and economic collapse that we've been expecting for ten years or so now.
This is encouraging in light of Margery's comments about the Restrainer.
If I keep my eyes on the LORD, and not on these scary events, then my eyes will see the Restrainer.
And if my eyes focus on the Restrainer, then my thoughts are on His Word....and what is NEXT in His word.....and not all of these crazy possibilities I am thinking of right now.

Mocha Latte

If have given this a lot of thought the past couple days.....admittedly, a lot more thought than I have given to similar comments in the past.....simply because I do see the possibility of a WWIII situation given these recent positionings by so many nations. Could this whole thing just come to a head and then plunge us into a dark age, and then we wait hundreds of years for the Lord's return?

The singular, most crucial thing that makes me say "no....absolutely not" to this scenario is Israel. There is no way....with so many wanting her demise, and most of the rest simply indifferent..... that Israel could survive much longer in this current situation. So if this reset of sorts and dark age were to happen, this would require one of two scenarios:

1) the complete undoing of the prophecies fulfilled in 1947, 1949...Israel would have to not be a nation again, and her people would need to be scattered again. Or
2)the destruction of Israel.

Either would have to start the cycle of Israel all over again, at the least before 1947.....returning her to a barren, abandoned wasteland.

Since the prophecies have been fulfilled, and God does not "unfulfill" them....and I don't see anything in the Word that could support this scenario, My end thought is that this idea does not line up with scripture, and therefore is not a possibility.

(Thank the LORD!!!)
I sure hope your assessment is right! You make some good points.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
The only thing that still bothers me is how prophetically insignificant the USA is, and how weak we will need to be for that attack on Israel to play out. But, as mentioned before, truly what has made us insignificant and weak is just one thing....BIDEN......no nuke or EMP required.....he has made us a toothless tiger.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Wars and rumors of wars. It feels like things are reaching a tipping point at warp speed. The other possibility that comes to mind about the rumor portion is crisis fatigue. We keep hearing of international tensions and potential wars. People might get scared then nothing major happens (for awhile). So then how long until people start tuning it out as a result of crisis fatigue and when a real war breaks out everyone is taken by surprise and the powers that be can use it to their advantage?
This describes exactly how I feel - crisis fatigue. We keep hearing about how we’re about to reach a tipping point…and then nothing happens. NOTHING

I used to be convinced that the Rapture would take place in my lifetime. And given that my life had been hell on earth since 2016, I clung to that belief, and hung onto it by my fingernails. But no more.

And if the Rapture doesn’t happen in my lifetime, then I’ll probably live to be 100, given the way my “luck” is running…

I can’t even adequately describe how hurting, weary, and fed-up I am at this point…

Mocha Latte

This describes exactly how I feel - crisis fatigue. We keep hearing about how we’re about to reach a tipping point…and then nothing happens. NOTHING

I used to be convinced that the Rapture would take place in my lifetime. And given that my life had been hell on earth since 2016, I clung to that belief, and hung onto it by my fingernails. But no more.

And if the Rapture doesn’t happen in my lifetime, then I’ll probably live to be 100, given the way my “luck” is running…

I can’t even adequately describe how hurting, weary, and fed-up I am at this point…
I definitely feel you! It does feel like things are picking up faster and faster like a snowball and I keep wondering: how much longer and how much more can possibly happen before lift off. Every day is one day closer so hang in there. :hug

lismore

Lately, the last decade it's become even more obvious.
Very interesting post. The return of the Jews to Israel is the key event which shows we're not far from the rapture. Believers of past generations looked forward to the day the Jews would return to Israel, in fulfilment of Bible Prophecy, knowing that would be the key event to begin the final countdown. God Bless :)

athenasius

The only thing that still bothers me is how prophetically insignificant the USA is, and how weak we will need to be for that attack on Israel to play out. But, as mentioned before, truly what has made us insignificant and weak is just one thing....BIDEN......no nuke or EMP required.....he has made us a toothless tiger.
I have a thought or five on that as well. Lismore reminded me to talk about the Restrainer above thread, I was just agreeing with @lismore totally, and I think WW 1 and 2 were both prophetically significant especially when you look at Ezekiel-- the timeline of events he outlines.

BUT this one point, has been bugging me for YEARS because Ezek 38 describes an invader-- the whole Gog Magog confederacy that has a leader that looks like a very powerful Russia.

And it speaks of a whimpering question brought up by Tarshish and cubs, and the Saudis and company (Sheba and Dedan)

Now that meant we have to see 2 distinct elements for that to happen.

1: Russia as Ezek describes, needs to become SO powerful that NONE of the nations OR the UN-- other than the above handful say or do ANYTHING to Russia. And the handful that do, only manage to squeak out a carefully worded question "have you come for spoil?"

2: Tarshish and cubs need to become SO WEAK that they can barely manage a question, let alone a protest.

Now lets flesh that out a little.

Point 1

Russia has to become more powerful. In the late 80's she was done, gone, broken apart, bankrupt and at the mercy of the west. It's why the Berlin wall came down. But under Putin, she had a remarkable and very fast comeback. I see the actions around the globe ---R did a computer attack on the govt computers in Canada, live fire exercises planned off Ireland, threatening Finland and Sweden directly, destabilizing the Ukraine, and more which have all happened because Putin's confidence grew with the American non response under Obama to their takeover in Syria and Africa and the Crimean peninsula. He's getting downright cocky, but not enough to attack Israel openly, not yet.

The Ukraine: call it part of Russian prep work as God is allowing this buildup of strength and over confidence before the time to invade Israel. I think that this situation is "teaching" Russia that she can tell the West what to do, not the other way around. It's bolstering her high opinion of her abilities. She is winning the fight to bring oil and gas to Europe, and laughing at them and Nato and America/the Western democracies at the same time. Flexing her growing abilities.

Point 2

Tarshish and cubs need to be so weak they no longer feel that they can speak up to protest, let alone act against a Russian led invasion. Now that was a big huge flashing sign in the prophetic text. Whether you view Spain or England as Tarshish, either one has a daughter in America. So AMERICA must weaken at the same time as Russia strengthens, just before the Ezekiel invasion. Not too far apart either, because America must be weak but not controlled by Russia --so that says 2 further things. 1 America exists at the time of the invasion, and 2 America still speaks for herself, in unison with Tarshish and the other "cubs". So they still exist too, independant but so weak all they can manage is that weak whimper of a question, "have you come for spoil.

Now I happen to think the clincher is Isaiah 60:9 which says:
9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.

And it's in context of the start of the Jews final return to the land of Israel and the ships that brought them after WW2 were BRITISH MERCHANT SHIPS.

It is highly unlikely that Spain and South America would challenge Russia in any way, or bat an eyelash over them invading Israel.

But Britain, America, Australia, Canada and New Zealand still would. (the 5 Eyes group, I've talked about it before) However each of these nations cannot have the combined strength to challenge the newly strengthened Russia at that time of invasion.

So here we all are. In that process. Well along the way in fact.

My guess and I'm speculating is that Russia will take the Ukraine bit by bit, --she has the Crimea, she will take the Donbas area completely, and continue to break off bits till the Ukraine is subdued.

In the process Russia will realize she can do anything she wants now, and the West is no longer a viable threat.

Like any bully this will energize her.

But according to the text, she can't take Tarshish and her cubs or Saudi Arabia and company (think Abraham Accords group). Those remain BUSINESS PARTNERS with Israel in some form, because even this whimpered question seems to relate to investments in Israel. How are our investments going to hold up with Russia taking over the Middle East and Israel in particular?

That suggests to me, that The Restrainer restrains them from taking over both now before the Rapture and up to the invasion of Ezek 38 whenever that occurs.

So final point, I think the Ukraine is a "warm up" session for Russia.

That is how I see it. As always "your mileage may vary" YMMV :lol and it's ok to say Margery, you are a total loon. And I will still love you in the Lord! :hug

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I have a thought or five on that as well. Lismore reminded me to talk about the Restrainer above thread, I was just agreeing with @lismore totally, and I think WW 1 and 2 were both prophetically significant especially when you look at Ezekiel-- the timeline of events he outlines.

BUT this one point, has been bugging me for YEARS because Ezek 38 describes an invader-- the whole Gog Magog confederacy that has a leader that looks like a very powerful Russia.

And it speaks of a whimpering question brought up by Tarshish and cubs, and the Saudis and company (Sheba and Dedan)

Now that meant we have to see 2 distinct elements for that to happen.

1: Russia as Ezek describes, needs to become SO powerful that NONE of the nations OR the UN-- other than the above handful say or do ANYTHING to Russia. And the handful that do, only manage to squeak out a carefully worded question "have you come for spoil?"

2: Tarshish and cubs need to become SO WEAK that they can barely manage a question, let alone a protest.

Now lets flesh that out a little.

Point 1

Russia has to become more powerful. In the late 80's she was done, gone, broken apart, bankrupt and at the mercy of the west. It's why the Berlin wall came down. But under Putin, she had a remarkable and very fast comeback. I see the actions around the globe ---R did a computer attack on the govt computers in Canada, live fire exercises planned off Ireland, threatening Finland and Sweden directly, destabilizing the Ukraine, and more which have all happened because Putin's confidence grew with the American non response under Obama to their takeover in Syria and Africa and the Crimean peninsula. He's getting downright cocky, but not enough to attack Israel openly, not yet.

The Ukraine: call it part of Russian prep work as God is allowing this buildup of strength and over confidence before the time to invade Israel. I think that this situation is "teaching" Russia that she can tell the West what to do, not the other way around. It's bolstering her high opinion of her abilities. She is winning the fight to bring oil and gas to Europe, and laughing at them and Nato and America/the Western democracies at the same time. Flexing her growing abilities.

Point 2

Tarshish and cubs need to be so weak they no longer feel that they can speak up to protest, let alone act against a Russian led invasion. Now that was a big huge flashing sign in the prophetic text. Whether you view Spain or England as Tarshish, either one has a daughter in America. So AMERICA must weaken at the same time as Russia strengthens, just before the Ezekiel invasion. Not too far apart either, because America must be weak but not controlled by Russia --so that says 2 further things. 1 America exists at the time of the invasion, and 2 America still speaks for herself, in unison with Tarshish and the other "cubs". So they still exist too, independant but so weak all they can manage is that weak whimper of a question, "have you come for spoil.

Now I happen to think the clincher is Isaiah 60:9 which says:
9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.

And it's in context of the start of the Jews final return to the land of Israel and the ships that brought them after WW2 were BRITISH MERCHANT SHIPS.

It is highly unlikely that Spain and South America would challenge Russia in any way, or bat an eyelash over them invading Israel.

But Britain, America, Australia, Canada and New Zealand still would. (the 5 Eyes group, I've talked about it before) However each of these nations cannot have the combined strength to challenge the newly strengthened Russia at that time of invasion.

So here we all are. In that process. Well along the way in fact.

My guess and I'm speculating is that Russia will take the Ukraine bit by bit, --she has the Crimea, she will take the Donbas area completely, and continue to break off bits till the Ukraine is subdued.

In the process Russia will realize she can do anything she wants now, and the West is no longer a viable threat.

Like any bully this will energize her.

But according to the text, she can't take Tarshish and her cubs or Saudi Arabia and company (think Abraham Accords group). Those remain BUSINESS PARTNERS with Israel in some form, because even this whimpered question seems to relate to investments in Israel. How are our investments going to hold up with Russia taking over the Middle East and Israel in particular?

That suggests to me, that The Restrainer restrains them from taking over both now before the Rapture and up to the invasion of Ezek 38 whenever that occurs.

So final point, I think the Ukraine is a "warm up" session for Russia.

That is how I see it. As always "your mileage may vary" YMMV :lol and it's ok to say Margery, you are a total loon. And I will still love you in the Lord! :hug

To be honest, the 5 eyes so to speak are all weak now both politically and as a secondary result of being politically weak they are militarily weak

lismore

I understand how you're feeling. But I saw even during Covid several people being saved and being baptized in our church. If the rapture had happened two years ago where would these souls be? Every day we wait for the rapture is a day we might participate in saving someone. It's worth a wait, even to save one or two.
2 Peter 3: 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. God Bless :)

athenasius

I want to add just one more thing -- how Turkey will feel as Russia takes over the Ukraine. Weak, threatened, frightened.

I put it in another thread, but this is what I expect will happen between Russia and Turkey if R takes the U.

The Ukraine would make an almost straight run down from Moscow via Belarus which is pretty much owned by Russia now. This puts them across from Turkey, on the Black Sea and a threat to the other smaller, north side of Turkey, across the opening to the Mediterranean Sea known as the Dardanelles/Bosphorus aka Gallipoli, and the Marmara Sea/Constantinople. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardanelles

Nicely lined up in control of Syria on the other side of Turkey, thus keeping Turks in line and all ready to clear their way straight down to Egypt and Africa via Israel.

They are already in control of much of Africa by using their mercenary groups, as well as puppet leaders loyal to Moscow. Egypt helped them host a Summit meeting in 2018 or 2019 that consolidated much of Russian control of Africa.

If Russia takes the Ukraine, Turkey will feel threatened, and will need to comply with Russian demands or else. Look at that map and you'll see why Russia will control the Ezek 38 invasion, not any Turkish dictator. The Turks stand to lose the northern section of Turkey and Russia is already on their south in Syria.

If the name Gallipoli rings a bell, it should. It was what God used in a very big battle in WW1, to defeat the Ottoman Empire and the Turks. see more here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallipoli_campaign

and THAT set the stage for Israel to become a nation later on.

Oh and if you read that article, it will say something about 2 of the 5 Eyes, that I think are Tarshish and her cubs.

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I want to add just one more thing -- how Turkey will feel as Russia takes over the Ukraine. Weak, threatened, frightened.

I put it in another thread, but this is what I expect will happen between Russia and Turkey if R takes the U.

The Ukraine would make an almost straight run down from Moscow via Belarus which is pretty much owned by Russia now. This puts them across from Turkey, on the Black Sea and a threat to the other smaller, north side of Turkey, across the opening to the Mediterranean Sea known as the Dardanelles/Bosphorus aka Gallipoli, and the Marmara Sea/Constantinople. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardanelles

Nicely lined up in control of Syria on the other side of Turkey, thus keeping Turks in line and all ready to clear their way straight down to Egypt and Africa via Israel.

They are already in control of much of Africa by using their mercenary groups, as well as puppet leaders loyal to Moscow. Egypt helped them host a Summit meeting in 2018 or 2019 that consolidated much of Russian control of Africa.

If Russia takes the Ukraine, Turkey will feel threatened, and will need to comply with Russian demands or else. Look at that map and you'll see why Russia will control the Ezek 38 invasion, not any Turkish dictator. The Turks stand to lose the northern section of Turkey and Russia is already on their south in Syria.

If the name Gallipoli rings a bell, it should. It was what God used in a very big battle in WW1, to defeat the Ottoman Empire and the Turks. see more here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallipoli_campaign

and THAT set the stage for Israel to become a nation later on.

Oh and if you read that article, it will say something about 2 of the 5 Eyes, that I think are Tarshish and her cubs.

It's also the place where Winston Churchill sent thousands of Australians to their slaughter in WW1 (Gallipoli) .

I'm waiting for the Beijing olympics which is in 10 days time because that's most likely when we will see more chess moves

athenasius

It's also the place where Winston Churchill sent thousands of Australians to their slaughter in WW1 (Gallipoli) .

I'm waiting for the Beijing olympics which is in 10 days time because that's most likely when we will see more chess moves
That is what I would think most likely too. It strikes me as strange and no coincidence that as many of the cubs of Tarshish found their independence from Britain in WW1, as they lost many of their best and brightest to be cannon fodder-- it was the same blood soaked war that ended the eastern leg of the old Roman Empire, and caused Lord Balfour's declaration.

God was preparing the independent cubs at the same time as preparing Israel and ending the Turkish Empire so that the western side of Rome could come to the fore eventually. Ken Johnson made a good point the other day, he said that the Eastern Roman Empire survived, they just changed religion.

It's the same Turkish people that were in charge of Constantinople, before it became Istanbul.

WW1 was like the first shot fired that would end in Ezek 38.

Bethlehem57

Well, the first two World Wars are not in the Bible so theoretically there could be many more world wars before the Rapture. The battles mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelation are rather specific. If the coming world war matches those descriptions then we could think it would be prophetically significant.

I am still skeptical that any major world war is about to start. Maybe it's all the "Chicken Little" the media has pulled on the topic in the past. But I also think the leaders have to know the destruction coming on their own heads should any major conflict begin. The current worldwide tension does make me think of the decades leading up to the first world war but, like with that one, I think it will be hard to say what specific event will kick it off and when. So many stories in the news are meant to sell more news and products and distract us from what really matters. Playing up tensions with Russia distracts from problems at home.
A major war could make Russia and its allies more desperate for the spoils from Israel and to be in the position to take it would mean that Israel's big ally -- United States-- would be in no position to help it. I know most speculate that Ezekiel 38 would happen at a time of peace so there would probably be a gap of time.
I was reading something…..can’t remember where…..but the author indicated that we have been in WW111 when Obummer was elected. He is responsible for hosting and encouraging the Alphabet people even hosting events for them at the White House. He started our dependence on foreign oil and Briben is just tying up loose ends. Basically, everything that Obummer started doing to effect globalization was halted for a few years time by our last true President Trump. According to what I was readin, Briben was put in there to finish up where Obummer left off.

Lastcall

Maybe.

Russia is the leader, but many nations armies are a huge part of the attacking coalition. Russia will no doubt be the strongest, but they are not a stand alone army.

The world hates the Jews - at least most countries do. If the attacking coalition were to surround Israel now, Im not so sure the major countries would do much of anything in response.

Just like now, as Russia puts a hundred thousand troops plus on the Ukraine border, no nation is moving to stop them other than to send a token amount of troops to border countries. I do think if Russia did attack Ukraine, then there would be some response from Nato countries being planned. However, when the invaders of Israel per Ez 38 finally attack, God Himself will quickly end the battle, leaving no need for other countries to help.

The USA does not have to be in a weakend state for the EZ coalition to form and progress. Do you believe the current administration would do much to help Israel? Not likely.

If Ezekiel 38-39 happens well before the rapture, I believe my above info is possible. If it happens after the rapture, then it will be a completely different response (or lack of) since the Church will be gone.