Possibility of WWIII

Lovin Jesus

What is the possibility of a WWIII happening before Ez 38? It is my understanding that nothing rules this out. Does anyone see WWIII lining up, rather than Ez 38? Possibly Ez 38 is the end game of WWIII? Thoughts?
I had thought earlier today of the possibility that Russia and China will invade at the same time and being that Russia has troops already in Syria the Ukraine and Tawain invasion would be the perfect distraction to invade Israel. I mean Russia just had naval exercises with Iran and China a few days ago. And Israel just simulated an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

MapleLeaf

Well, the first two World Wars are not in the Bible so theoretically there could be many more world wars before the Rapture. The battles mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelation are rather specific. If the coming world war matches those descriptions then we could think it would be prophetically significant.

I am still skeptical that any major world war is about to start. Maybe it's all the "Chicken Little" the media has pulled on the topic in the past. But I also think the leaders have to know the destruction coming on their own heads should any major conflict begin. The current worldwide tension does make me think of the decades leading up to the first world war but, like with that one, I think it will be hard to say what specific event will kick it off and when. So many stories in the news are meant to sell more news and products and distract us from what really matters. Playing up tensions with Russia distracts from problems at home.
A major war could make Russia and its allies more desperate for the spoils from Israel and to be in the position to take it would mean that Israel's big ally -- United States-- would be in no position to help it. I know most speculate that Ezekiel 38 would happen at a time of peace so there would probably be a gap of time.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
So many stories in the news are meant to sell more news and products and distract us from what really matters.
This. The left is trying to do major damage control right now for sleepy Joe. I have started seeing ads now on TV for Biden showing "the year in review" and he has a website now that you can go and look at all of his so-called accomplishments this past year. I doubt inflation, food costs, fuel prices, mandates, and Afghanistan will be on the list. Just wars and rumors of wars. Politics.

Lovin Jesus

I had thought earlier today of the possibility that Russia and China will invade at the same time and being that Russia has troops already in Syria the Ukraine and Tawain invasion would be the perfect distraction to invade Israel. I mean Russia just had naval exercises with Iran and China a few days ago. And Israel just simulated an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.
And then there's N Korea angry with US hinting on starting up their nuclear program again

North Korea slams US, hints at resuming nuclear, ICBM tests
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-01-19/north-korea-hints-at-resuming-nuclear-icbm-tests

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Wars and rumors of wars. I have been wondering about a WW3 or the US having to go up against Russia or China.....and the US sustaining terrible losses.

I wonder and try not to worry as I know it's in God's hands. When you have little children in your life, it's natural to be concerned about their future. I pray for peace, but also His will be done.

katt

The Bible says nothing about our world wars, since I'm not sure about WW1 I'll just mention WW2, the end of that war brought about The State Of Israel, so at least with that war God used it to further his plan, so, I wouldn't rule at least one more and/or many more before the rapture..

MapleLeaf

This. The left is trying to do major damage control right now for sleepy Joe. I have started seeing ads now on TV for Biden showing "the year in review" and he has a website now that you can go and look at all of his so-called accomplishments this past year. I doubt inflation, food costs, fuel prices, mandates, and Afghanistan will be on the list. Just wars and rumors of wars. Politics.
We're getting it in Canada too. Our politicians did that embarrassing "hashtag Ukraine" photo stuff too. My family came from Ukraine and most of our town is of Ukranian descent so I do feel some vested interest in the topic. Going to war is not something to be rushed into, however. If Europe wants to keep Russia at bay they need to make sure they have the resources to do it on their own.

my2babysmama

Can't rule it out but imo next world war will be in the tribulation.
I agree. Just my opinion, but any WWIII would involve nuclear weapons, and I believe that the nuclear fallout would destroy the ability to track all buying and selling, and it would take some time to get the technology set up again. Also, a nuclear war would kill a majority of the world's population - the numbers described in Revelation.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
When you have little children in your life, it's natural to be concerned about their future. I pray for peace, but also His will be done
Yes, Joy, I have two very young grandchildren, so I do understand the concern for them. However, I personally think that the rapture will be the next 'big' worldwide event that changes everything. Consequently, I'm focusing my efforts on sharing the gospel. Though our son & wife who are the parents of the very young children are Christians, I am hoping to influence the children in biblical understanding. I don't know the age of accountability, but I would like to see them saved before that age is reached.

Mocha Latte

Wars and rumors of wars. It feels like things are reaching a tipping point at warp speed. The other possibility that comes to mind about the rumor portion is crisis fatigue. We keep hearing of international tensions and potential wars. People might get scared then nothing major happens (for awhile). So then how long until people start tuning it out as a result of crisis fatigue and when a real war breaks out everyone is taken by surprise and the powers that be can use it to their advantage?

lismore

The threat of war can also move things forward. I saw in the Guardian Newspaper that many nations in Western Europe are moving troops to the East: Spain is sending a Frigate and Eurofighters, the Netherlands are sending Eurofighters to Bulgaria, France is sending troops to Romania under Nato command, Denmark is sending a frigate and Four Aircraft to Lithuania, Sweden is considering sending a Battle-group. Seems to be moving towards a military alliance in Western Europe, perhaps the aparatus that will bring the A/C to power is now forming. A revised Roman Empire. God Bless :)

lismore

However, I personally think that the rapture will be the next 'big' worldwide event that changes everything.
That's very likely, seems that all the pieces are now in place for what comes after the rapture. It cannot be long delayed.
Consequently, I'm focusing my efforts on sharing the gospel.
Will pray that your grandchildren respond to the gospel, having a Godly influence in the family can make all the difference. One huge blessing I can count is that in an age when Scotland has largely turned it's back on Christianity all of my immediate relatives are saved, which is a miracle in itself. Exceptions might be a first cousin (and her children), although she has Christian parents.
I have also been sad this week to see that the AOG Pentecostal Church I attended 1999-2007 has closed up, the building now for sale. No-one was going latterly. I'm glad I don't believe the Lord will tarry any length of time as it seems Scotland is becoming less Christian by the day. Soon we will be totally Pagan again.
God Bless :)

MapleLeaf

I agree. Just my opinion, but any WWIII would involve nuclear weapons, and I believe that the nuclear fallout would destroy the ability to track all buying and selling, and it would take some time to get the technology set up again. Also, a nuclear war would kill a majority of the world's population - the numbers described in Revelation.
I guess it's possible the Lord will tarry and will allow humanity to enter another dark age and 'try again' as an ultimate act of mercy. I selfishly hope He is soon returning though. Maybe a world war could avoid the nukes too. It is hard to see a full-blown nuclear war happening before the Tribulaiton.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Yes, Joy, I have two very young grandchildren, so I do understand the concern for them. However, I personally think that the rapture will be the next 'big' worldwide event that changes everything. Consequently, I'm focusing my efforts on sharing the gospel. Though our son & wife who are the parents of the very young children are Christians, I am hoping to influence the children in biblical understanding. I don't know the age of accountability, but I would like to see them saved before that age is reached.

The most major influence to me in my young life in terms of coming to faith in Jesus was my great grandparents. Your grandkids see you living out your faith and loving God and them. For me, seeing that in my own grandparents mixed with liberal doses of teaching about God stuck with me and has been an inestimable help to me to this day. Just so you know that God can really use grandparents too in a mighty way.

athenasius

The threat of war can also move things forward. I saw in the Guardian Newspaper that many nations in Western Europe are moving troops to the East: Spain is sending a Frigate and Eurofighters, the Netherlands are sending Eurofighters to Bulgaria, France is sending troops to Romania under Nato command, Denmark is sending a frigate and Four Aircraft to Lithuania, Sweden is considering sending a Battle-group. Seems to be moving towards a military alliance in Western Europe, perhaps the aparatus that will bring the A/C to power is now forming. A revised Roman Empire. God Bless :)
I look at it as if it was a giant chess board with unseen hands moving the pieces into place. We see things and hear things that worry us, about financial collapse or nuclear wars but one thing I've noticed since I started paying attention to prophecy many years back, and has gotten more and more obvious to me is the Hand of The Restrainer. The Holy Spirit acting as The Restrainer.

Lately, the last decade it's become even more obvious.

Satan and fallen humanity plan their plans, and work so hard but God stops them until just that time that He says NOW and the enemy surges ahead to disaster because all it accomplishes is that prophecy gets more and more lined up and become clearer as we get closer.

When God allows the "big stuff" to happen around us, it's for a reason.

WW1 prepared the land of Israel, the trickle of Jews that began in the late 1800s increased, and the BALFOUR declaration plus the fall of the Ottoman Empire meant that Israel would form again. Most of the church didn't believe it, and scoffed at the dispensational preachers who stuck to the truth of the Word of God and said Israel would come to life again, and they thought it would be soon.

God prepared the land for the people who would soon come. Ezekiel 36 and 37 speaks to the land to get ready for the people coming home out of the nations, but it's an overview. They come home in unbelief, and then in a way only God can do, they are brought to faith in God again (this is the purpose of the Tribulation) and these chapters speak of the Millennial Reign, showing the Lord ruling over them.

WW2 started to send more Jews to Israel just before it hit, then afterwards the survivors came back to the land

The dry bones came together with a loud sound (WW2) and the nation stood on it's feet.

We are in the middle of that process right now.

When we leave as Paul says, they will have breath of faith from God breathing life into the nation. Not all will believe, but by the end of the Tribulation, all the survivors will petition Christ to come again, and He will.

Romans 11: 25-27
25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way[e] all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”

DWB

I don't know about Ex. 38, but in today's climate of "my way or the highway" I think it's just a matter of time before some major power exerts itself and to hell with the consequences. Whether Russia taking Ukraine or China taking Taiwan or the U.S. trying to prevent something is going to break. There just seems to be no middle ground anymore and that's what's wrong here and other places.