Portland sees weeks of unrest, guess who Dem mayor tells to stay home?

antitox

Defiant Portland mayor tells feds to 'stay inside' or 'leave' city, asks DHS to clean up graffiti
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-feds-stay-inside-or-leave

'We do not need or want their help,' he said

Portland, Ore., Mayor Ted Wheeler lashed out at the Department of Homeland Security on Twitter Tuesday, urging federal agents to “stay inside” or “leave” as the city faces its sixth straight week of protests and unrest.

“I told the Acting Secretary that my biggest immediate concern is the violence federal officers brought to our streets in recent days, and the life-threatening tactics his agents use,” Wheeler wrote Tuesday evening. “We do not need or want their help.”

DHS deployed officers from multiple federal law enforcement agencies this month to protect government installations, including a courthouse.

Demonstrations have taken place around the country after the May 25 death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody. Four officers were fired and charged, includingDerek Chauvin, who appeared in a video holding his knee on Floyd's neck for nearly nine minutes.

Meanwhile, city businesses have reported $23 million in losses due to looters and rioters — amid a coronavirus pandemic that is already causing massive economic damage.

Chaos has broken out in the city’s streets, frequently aimed at federal property as activists and some local leaders have objected to the presence of federal officers.

Over the weekend, a 23-year-old demonstrator allegedly struck a federal officer in the head with a hammer outside a courthouse. The demonstrator is accused of beating a hole into the building's door with the hammer before officers came outside. Then he struck the officer in the head and shoulder with the hammer before being taken into custody, according to the Portland Police Bureau.

“The best thing they can do is stay inside their building,” Wheeler wrote Tuesday. “Or leave Portland altogether.”

He also criticized DHS for not cleaning graffiti off its buildings.

“While we’re busy cleaning out streets and buildings, the two federal buildings are covered with graffiti that has been there for weeks on end,” he wrote.

Portland police have been struggling to contain the unrest as well. The department’s official Twitter account shows images and videos of the demonstrations stretching back for weeks.

The bureau has publicly shared images of projectiles hurled at police, crowds refusing to clear out, and weapons seized from protesters.

And police have said officers have been injured in a number of incidents — on multiple occasions due to protesters throwing fireworks at them.

“Our officers are tired, but they are resilient,” Chief Chuck Lovell said in a statement announcing more than a dozen arrests on the Fourth of July. “Our community deserves better than nightly criminal activity that destroys the value and fabric of our community.”

Meanwhile, other city leaders are exploring ways to reform the city’s police with proposals like establishing a civilian board of commissioners or a community-controlled oversight board.

DodgersFan

These leftist officials who allowed the destruction of property and loss of life by telling officers to stand down should be removed from office and face charges. They failed their first basic duty which is to protect their cities and it's citizens.

NewWine2020

The fiasco is Portland is total insanity...I’ve seen the video of the rioters banging a hole in the federal courthouse door before the federal officers emerged only to be ambushed by this crazy from out of state (dude lives in Texas) before they could take him down.

I have nothing but respect for the officers involved, as far as I could tell they showed WAY more restraint with this rioter than I would have been able to. While he is being arrested you can hear the Antifa women screeching “Stop it! STOP IT!!” As if the police had just randomly decided to take this guy down for no reason. These people remind me of the PLO or Hamas terrorists....they are quick to paint themselves as victims of oppression the moment the tide turns against them.

After his appearance in court he was RELEASED on bail pending his next court date.

I’m sorry, but this guy should be held in jail with NO bail for assaulting Federal officers with a deadly weapon. If you can attack law officers with impunity what does that say to the average non crazy citizen of Portland who gets caught up in violence with these urban terrorists? And rioters wonder why so many of them are getting run over by cars when innocent motorosts get caught up in a swarm of them on the street and even on the freeway.

These people need to be put down with whatever means is necessary. The fact that the city officials paint the Federal agents as contributing to the problem rather than defending their actions shows the city officials are guilty of betraying their non-crazy citizens trust at the least, possibly treason against our nation. You do not negotiate with terrorists or it simply emboldens them.

If the “Left Coast” wanted to secede from the U.S. a la the American South in the 1800’s, I would say let them and good riddance. They would destroy themselves completely and become the equivalent of a 3rd world country inside of 15 years if left to their own devices.

Sorry for the rant. God bless!

Batman

Portland is home to antifa and home to some of the most radical folks in America. His comments are ignorant and show that he does not want to do what is right in order to push an agenda, whether as radical as the real radicals or not. This is happening all over the USA b/c these mayors can go way rogue due to rubber stamp constituency that will continue to vote them in over and over. It's disgraceful.

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
Portland is a disgusting place to visit. We went there for a work conference 2 years ago and were shocked at how filthy and overrun with thugs it was. I’m not surprised it’s 6 weeks in and they are still rioting. As a business owner I would have moved a few years ago. You could see this coming even back then. What a thankless job our law enforcement officers have. I pray they don’t all just quit.

Batman

I have been interviewing for a new job that would require many trips to CA and WA (which means landing in Portland and going over the state line into WA) and while I still have not received an offer I am debating the merits as opposed to where I am in travels for my current company with 7 midwest cities. I would love to see Portland get cleaned up but the cleaning needed goes way beyond a dirty city or even antifa.

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
I have been interviewing for a new job that would require many trips to CA and WA (which means landing in Portland and going over the state line into WA) and while I still have not received an offer I am debating the merits as opposed to where I am in travels for my current company with 7 midwest cities. I would love to see Portland get cleaned up but the cleaning needed goes way beyond a dirty city or even antifa.
We were going to go into Washington because it’s one of the last states on our list to visit. The public transportation that we took to get around was so disgusting AND scary that we just went back to the hotel and stayed for the rest of the week.
I also just had a friend and her family leave the Seattle area after over 30 years because they could no longer take the rioting and insanity. I’d visit before I said yes if you haven’t already gone.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus

I'm just wondering, Batman.....would you fly in personally or take a plane?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol

Footsteps

Title 18 of the United States Code contains the Federal law against seditious conspiracy, which is plotting to do violence against lawful authority for the purpose of overthrowing it. Portland officials continue to aid and abet sedition by allowing terrorists to overthrow random areas of the city and abandon those areas, restraining police from retaking those areas at the whim of the Mayor and Governor. The continuing insurrection is well funded by terrorists both foreign and domestic who enjoy continual access to, and influence over, elected officials.
The circumstances described above constitute grounds for a declaration of martial law for the City of Portland, Oregon. All city department heads, along with the Mayor, will be held without bond pending completion of a Federal investigation into treasonous and seditious actions taken by the defendants. During the period of investigation, all law enforcement will be implemented by the United States military. All judicial decisions will be made by military courts martial with defendants enjoying the status of war criminals together with all the privileges, rights, and access to JAG defense attorneys.
Curfew for unincarcerated persons: 6:00 pm.
Assaults on military personnel will be met with lethal force.

Yours,

Footsteps
President, Military Lives Matter

Lovin Jesus

Title 18 of the United States Code contains the Federal law against seditious conspiracy, which is plotting to do violence against lawful authority for the purpose of overthrowing it. Portland officials continue to aid and abet sedition by allowing terrorists to overthrow random areas of the city and abandon those areas, restraining police from retaking those areas at the whim of the Mayor and Governor. The continuing insurrection is well funded by terrorists both foreign and domestic who enjoy continual access to, and influence over, elected officials.
The circumstances described above constitute grounds for a declaration of martial law for the City of Portland, Oregon. All city department heads, along with the Mayor, will be held without bond pending completion of a Federal investigation into treasonous and seditious actions taken by the defendants. During the period of investigation, all law enforcement will be implemented by the United States military. All judicial decisions will be made by military courts martial with defendants enjoying the status of war criminals together with all the privileges, rights, and access to JAG defense attorneys.

Yours,

Footsteps
good Solution

TrustinHim

Yours,

Footsteps
This is apparently the only way to get control over the anarchy that is going on. When corrupt politicians won't protect the rights and safety of common citizens they are now accomplices.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved

Yours,

Footsteps
I think if President Trump put the above in action, he could stop campaigning. Everyone who loves law and order would vote for him.
The left would roast him.
And maybe its not the best solution, but dang, enough is enough.

NewWine2020

I think if President Trump put the above in action, he could stop campaigning. Everyone who loves law and order would vote for him.
The left would roast him.
And maybe its not the best solution, but dang, enough is enough.
Agreed! And if this ever did happen, I would also hope a very thorough investigation of these city and municipal politicians finances by the IRS is in order.

I would bet my own money these political hacks and traitors like Seattle’s Kshama Sawant and Jenny Durkan are unbelievably corrupt.