Pope Gives Mary Three More Titles

lismore

NO, NO, NO! We are not to pray to or worship Mary.

Years ago I went to my friends baby Christening at a Catholic church. The church had a huge statue of Mary that they were praying to. It was so sad to see.

The following is a weird statement, if it didn't come from a source I trust I would not have believed it. When in was in an AOG church in 1999 the old pastor and his wife who I got on with tremendously, they were very good to me. I told them my family had been RC when I was very young, the Pastor's wife, Ellspeth then said she had counselled a Catholic Lady years before and led her to the Lord. One of the things this lady they counselled had been involved in was a pilgrimage to Spain where devotees would kiss statues of Mary on the foot, trying to win favour and in one case kissing a statue of Mary on the buttocks. This is what led the lady initially to question the RCC, she thought it was odd, as indeed it was, for people to queue up to kiss a statue on it's buttocks. God Bless :)

GotGrace

Pope Gives Mary Three More Titles
By Mike Gendron

Pope Francis has approved the inclusion of three additional invocations in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also called the Litany of Loreto. Her new titles include: "Mother of Mercy", "Mother of Hope", and "Comfort of Migrants." Read more.

We have to wonder why Mary needs more titles. She already has so many. Here are just a few of the others the Catholic Church has given to her: Advocate, Ark of the Covenant, Comfort of the Afflicted, Gate of the Dawn, Holy Mary, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Immaculate Virgin, Mediatrix of all Grace, Mother of Sorrows, Mother for the Journey, Mother of the Church, Mother of God, Mystical Rose, Our Lady of the Annunciation, Our Lady of Charity, Our Lady of Providence, Our Lady of Ransom, Our Lady of Solitude, Our Lady, Star of the Sea, Queen of All Saints, Queen of Angels, Queen of Apostles, Queen of Confessors, Queen of Families, Queen of Martyrs, Queen of Patriarchs, Queen of Prophets, Queen of Virgins, Queen of the World, and Refuge of Sinners.

The pope also entrusted China to Mary's protection. He said, "We entrust the pastors and faithful of the Catholic Church in that great country to the guidance and protection of our Heavenly Mother, so that they may be strong in faith and firm in fraternal union, joyful witnesses and promoters of charity and fraternal hope, and good citizens." Read more.

https://www.proclaimingthegospel.org
Francis, Francis, Francis. Just go ahead and resign fellow.

Xenosjeff

The following is a weird statement, if it didn't come from a source I trust I would not have believed it. When in was in an AOG church in 1999 the old pastor and his wife who I got on with tremendously, they were very good to me. I told them my family had been RC when I was very young, the Pastor's wife, Ellspeth then said she had counselled a Catholic Lady years before and led her to the Lord. One of the things this lady they counselled had been involved in was a pilgrimage to Spain where devotees would kiss statues of Mary on the foot, trying to win favour and in one case kissing a statue of Mary on the buttocks. This is what led the lady initially to question the RCC, she thought it was odd, as indeed it was, for people to queue up to kiss a statue on it's buttocks. God Bless :)
I would believe that. I'm sure they can "back that up". Sounds like something the pope could get behind. Catholicism isn't all it's cracked up to be. Thank folks, I'll be here all week!‍
Jeff

SkyRider

The so-called Assumption of Mary didn't become official RCC dogma until about 1950. It was needed to cover up another lie, that Mary never sinned - although scripture is quite clear that "ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 ( to suggest otherwise, would be to elevate Mary to Godhood, which they deny they do but their adoration and worship of her clearly shows that they have in fact deified her!). The Immaculate Conception is another invention of theirs to explain how Mary (Miriam) was born without the stain of original sin. The theory goes, that if she gave birth to a sinless Christ, then she herself had to have been born without sin and remained that way throughout her life. Of course, that whole silly notion opens up an un-resealable can of worms, where if Mary was born sinless, then her mother must have been sinless too in order not to taint Mary's bloodline. Which would have required Mary's mother"s mother also to have been sinless, going back infinitum to keep Mary pure. Where would it stop? Or begin? Utter nonsense.

Anyway, if Mary never sinned - was born sinless and remained so throughout her life - then supposedly her body would not or could not suffer corruption upon her death. So, an exit strategy had to be manufactured for her. Voila! She is raptured to Heaven, even though, as pointed out, Scripture is strangely quiet about this. And for good reason - it never took place. Just another invention and lie of Rome to beguile the masses and to diminish the glory of Christ in what He has accomplished for those who put their complete faith and trust in Him alone for one's salvation. He doesn't need any help in saving us nor how we communicate and relate to the Father. It was all laid out before the foundations of the world were designed and long before a false religion like Roman Catholicism could put their diabolical spin on the process of salvation.

Annie

Be A Berean!
I think “Star of the Sea” means she’s a new brand of canned tuna fish. I’m not 100% sure...

Made me think of the Fatima Apparition:

The apparition identified itself as “The Bright Morning Star.” This is very alarming because scripture uses this as another name for Lucifer.

Last edited:

SkyRider

I think one of the reasons that God will put into the hearts of the 10 kings that rise along with the antichrist in Revelation 17 to hate the whore and destroy her flesh, is eradicate the world of all the statues of Mary, along with the relics, and icons, and all of the other graven images that dominate the furnishings of all their cathedrals and churches throughout the globe. Can you imagine for Mary how embarrassing it would be to return to Earth along with the other saints and see all these figurines and images of her supposedly? Hopefully the Earth will be purged of them before we all come back, but especially her. Of course, the antichrist will demand that all worship him and will not tolerate anything or anybody else to be worshipped, so he may hasten the cleansing of such images, but I find it interesting that it reads that the 10 kings will hate the whore and utterly decimate her, but that motivation is triggered by God.

Also, the vast wealth that Catholicism hordes will also give impetus to “strip her flesh”.