Pope Francis quips I am the devil to photographer

John Romans

Saved by Grace through Faith
how does the so called "vicar of christ" claim to be the devil?. how could any born again believer in Christ utter that from their mouth?? Oh that's right, we all know who he truly serves.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/09/22/pope-francis-quips-i-am/

By The Associated Press

Vilnius, Lithuania • Pope Francis has acknowledged that his reputation pales a bit compared to St. John Paul II — at least as far as Poles are concerned.

Greeting journalists Saturday en route to Lithuania, Francis was given a book about the former pope by Polish photographer Grzegorz Galazka. Receiving the large book with a beaming John Paul on the cover, Francis quipped: “[Pope John Paul II] was a saint, I am the devil.”

Laughing, Galazka immediately corrected him: “No, you are both saints! You are both saints!”

Francis’ quip appeared to acknowledge that he has his detractors, particularly among conservative Catholics who long for the more doctrinaire papacies of John Paul and Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI.

The criticism of Francis by conservatives has grown more vocal recently amid the church’s sex abuse scandals and the distress over his opening to letting divorced and civilly remarried Catholics receive Communion.

Jeri minton

Francis can say whatever he wants, but in my opinion, he is not a Christian, and I am going by what he has said on other occasions..one thing he said was that people should not seek to have a personal relationship withh Jesus Christ, it should only be sought through the church...
And that is one of several errant statements he has made.

HeIsRisen

He is SO into himself. I heard in a sermon just this morning that..." One thing seminaries teach is that preachers should be very careful NOT to steal God's glory by allowing human beings to praise and worship and glorify them." Well, the entire Catholic church is set up on so much fanfare and praise, worship and so forth to their leadership. When we pray, as Christians, we have direct ONE ON ONE audience with the Creator Himself. Tell me why we need these popes and priests at the Catholic Church for any reason other than to teach us how to communicate with, understand and have a personal relationship with the Lord?

I am trying to emphasize a few statements over and beyond anything else I might have said. A one on one audience with the Lord is provided to us in prayer, and if we pray as scripture taught us to pray (The Lord's prayer as well as other scriptures which tell us not to dictate to the Lord our demands, but seek His Will, and which tell us to go one on one with Him in our private room for one on one time with Him)....then we listen, read scripture....spend time with Him....He will speak to us directly in that time......and we can confess, make requests known (though He knows all our needs before we ask, which is why scripture tells not to pray with our demands like the pagans do). God created us to spend this direct one on one time with Him, because He wants to have a relationship with us. The catholic church robs God of this direct interaction when the men of that church take the prayers, confessions and supplications of it's members FROM GOD and to them.

My point is, that we have absolutely NO NEED for the Catholic Church and/or anything they do or offer. IMO, they are a menace in all their riches, unimpeded rape of our children and fanfare and praise/worship of their papacy. The pope, as far as Im concerned, is not far off when he self describes as the devil, he is surely a higher form of the devil if you ask me.

Whew....ok....I just let it rip. Im sorry, but we cannot serve two masters, so being polite and politically correct when speaking of this menace to our society, imo, can't go both ways. I realize that most of the people attending these churches think they are doing a good thing, but you cannot read the bible and come away feeling like you need to confess to anyone other than the Lord, and it upsets me that so so so so so many people continue to do this...and build up this thing called "the catholic church." The resources put into this entity make it the richest of all entities on this planet, and tell me why a church should have so many riches????? If anything, impress me....sell all your fancy gold possessions and give Africa running water or plumbing.....or any other number of things you could do with your stored up treasures....and humble yourself before the Lord who commands that we should take care of the poor.
Ok, I am just running off now. I'll stop. Forgive me this indulgence of speaking my mind, but I am having a "RIGHTEOUS" tantrum.

John Romans

He is SO into himself. I heard in a sermon just this morning that..." One thing seminaries teach is that preachers should be very careful NOT to steal God's glory by allowing human beings to praise and worship and glorify them." Well, the entire Catholic church is set up on so much fanfare and praise, worship and so forth to their leadership. When we pray, as Christians, we have direct ONE ON ONE audience with the Creator Himself. Tell me why we need these popes and priests at the Catholic Church for any reason other than to teach us how to communicate with, understand and have a personal relationship with the Lord?

I am trying to emphasize a few statements over and beyond anything else I might have said. A one on one audience with the Lord is provided to us in prayer, and if we pray as scripture taught us to pray (The Lord's prayer as well as other scriptures which tell us not to dictate to the Lord our demands, but seek His Will, and which tell us to go one on one with Him in our private room for one on one time with Him)....then we listen, read scripture....spend time with Him....He will speak to us directly in that time......and we can confess, make requests known (though He knows all our needs before we ask, which is why scripture tells not to pray with our demands like the pagans do). God created us to spend this direct one on one time with Him, because He wants to have a relationship with us. The catholic church robs God of this direct interaction when the men of that church take the prayers, confessions and supplications of it's members FROM GOD and to them.

My point is, that we have absolutely NO NEED for the Catholic Church and/or anything they do or offer. IMO, they are a menace in all their riches, unimpeded rape of our children and fanfare and praise/worship of their papacy. The pope, as far as Im concerned, is not far off when he self describes as the devil, he is surely a higher form of the devil if you ask me.

Whew....ok....I just let it rip. Im sorry, but we cannot serve two masters, so being polite and politically correct when speaking of this menace to our society, imo, can't go both ways. I realize that most of the people attending these churches think they are doing a good thing, but you cannot read the bible and come away feeling like you need to confess to anyone other than the Lord, and it upsets me that so so so so so many people continue to do this...and build up this thing called "the catholic church." The resources put into this entity make it the richest of all entities on this planet, and tell me why a church should have so many riches????? If anything, impress me....sell all your fancy gold possessions and give Africa running water or plumbing.....or any other number of things you could do with your stored up treasures....and humble yourself before the Lord who commands that we should take care of the poor.
Ok, I am just running off now. I'll stop. Forgive me this indulgence of speaking my mind, but I am having a "RIGHTEOUS" tantrum.
I love your post! So true! I have said for years now the RCC should sell all they have and donate that money to truly help people.

Jeri minton

I agree with you, HIR, the Catholics are successful because they get people young and brainwash them, like Mormons and most cults..but, the Bible can still penetrate hearts because it is the truth of God and we will always have that to reach people.

Jan51

This pope has frequently caused Catholic leadership to question him openly--heresy in Catholic doctrine. Perhaps God is allowing the Catholic Church to have such a pope to open the eyes of Catholics to the fact that their pope is indeed fallible and does not speak for Christ. It also gives us an opportunity to speak of this to our Catholic friends. Perhaps some good may come of this?

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
This pope has frequently caused Catholic leadership to question him openly--heresy in Catholic doctrine. Perhaps God is allowing the Catholic Church to have such a pope to open the eyes of Catholics to the fact that their pope is indeed fallible and does not speak for Christ. It also gives us an opportunity to speak of this to our Catholic friends. Perhaps some good may come of this?
Exactly the RCC is being exposed for the unsound doctrine they teach. :praying the people will leave that false cult, and accept:fish into their hearts.

pixelpusher

Exactly the RCC is being exposed for the unsound doctrine they teach. :praying the people will leave that false cult, and accept:fish into their hearts.
We can sure hope and pray so. Think of a person who may leave the RCC because of this pedophilia scandal for instance. They are going to feel betrayed by the church, by religion. With no proper grounding in Biblical Truth, why would they now try to read the Bible and know God for themselves? Perhaps some will, and I pray many do.

But look at this:
Real Biblical Christianity is already maligned from the get go. Jesus said so, that the world would hate us. Check.

Islam has sullied it's britches through barbaric violence. FGM, honor killings. Ishmael's hand is against every man.

Now Religious Christianity, commonly acceptable to the world, has a light shown on it's diabolical deeds.

Everyone loves to hate on the Jews. (Except real Christians, but they are crazy anyway, shadow banned)

That leaves things about prime for a new one-world religion.

Throw in a game-changer (eta: global) crisis at an opportune moment...

Am I right?

John Romans

We can sure hope and pray so. Think of a person who may leave the RCC because of this pedophilia scandal for instance. They are going to feel betrayed by the church, by religion. With no proper grounding in Biblical Truth, why would they now try to read the Bible and know God for themselves? Perhaps some will, and I pray many do.

But look at this:
Real Biblical Christianity is already maligned from the get go. Jesus said so, that the world would hate us. Check.

Islam has sullied it's britches through barbaric violence. FGM, honor killings. Ishmael's hand is against every man.

Now Religious Christianity, commonly acceptable to the world, has a light shown on it's diabolical deeds.

Everyone loves to hate on the Jews. (Except real Christians, but they are crazy anyway, shadow banned)

That leaves things about prime for a new one-world religion.

Throw in a game-changer (eta: global) crisis at an opportune moment...

Am I right?
Yes I was thinking the same thing!
I think time truly is very short indeed... And we will be going Home any day now!!

HeIsRisen

Time is going to tell, but I strongly believe the roman catholic church is going to be the entity that presents us with the false prophet....I mean, aren't they, already? Until then, I believe the blind will continue to lead the blind and they aren't going anywhere....people love themselves some fanfare and celebrity.

Almost Heaven

Excellent Jan-it's like God has thrown open the doors to the catholic church and yelled run sheep run! Great opportunity for us to sow, plant and water some seeds.

athenasius

Excellent Jan-it's like God has thrown open the doors to the catholic church and yelled run sheep run! Great opportunity for us to sow, plant and water some seeds.
couldn't agree more with both of you.

In fact the blatant heresy infecting all the denominations of the Protestant church is having a similar effect. Like God is saying, seek after ME people, read your Bible's discern truth from error and seek after ME with all your heart.

It's the way it's going, building to the harlot church of the Tribulation, she is being formed now!!!! But as that harlot is drawing the crowds, Christ is calling His true Bride, to come out from amongst that and be holy. Gather with like minded believers. Know what your faith is founded on and why!