Pope Francis: “Proselytizing is something pagan, not evangelical, not Christian”

SkyRider

Just saw this on RR news page:

https://www.israel365news.com/36569...omething-pagan-not-evangelical-not-christian/

Once again, popery shows it true colors: that it is an antichrist religion. Did not the Lord Jesus commission His true followers to go out into the world and make disciples out of all nations in His great commission - Matthew 28:19? And yet this phony in Rome calls it pagan.

The papacy's whole religion is pagan and is nothing more than a continuation of Babylon style worship:

Worship a wafer as God

In a cannibalistic rite, eat their god

Pray, worship and idolize a pagan Queen of heaven

Pray on pagan style beads - like Islam does - to a deity called the “Mother of God”

Dress up statues and parade around behind them like pagans

The list goes on and on and refutes the idea that Roman Catholicism is Christian, but instead a large pagan cult, lead by a false “Holy Father”, a false stand in for Christ = a “vicar of Christ” = or really, an antichrist figure: who both opposes the true Christ and tries to replace Him and His true gospel of salvation. The early reformers were right on when they named the office of the pope as antichrist.

Sadly, many have been duped by this clever manipulation of Satan to get people trusting in this abhorrent religion and a number of false, diabolically inspired false apostles residing in Rome.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Personally, if I go to a 'church' where men are wearing dresses, that usually gives me pause. :tongue

I thought I'd post an excerpt of the article. While I'm not a fan of the pope nor of the RCC belief system, nor trying to defend......as I was reading, given the history of this organization of 'encouraging' conversion in forceful ways, I wondered if this is what he's addressing. There seems to be a play on semantics in his quote, evangelism v.s. proselytism. At least that's my observation.

BUT, as was said, Jesus gave us His great commission:

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."

Matt 16:15

And the first group of people this was done to was the Jewish people, whom the Lord cares about along with the rest of the world.

From the OP:

......Evangelization “does not begin by seeking to convince others, but by bearing witness each day to the love that has watched over us and lifted us back up,” he said.

“This is not about proselytism, as I said, so that others become ‘one of us’ – no, this is not Christian,” he reiterated. “It is about loving so that they might be happy children of God.”

The pontiff has spoken against proselytizing several times. In the first year of his papacy, in an October 2013 interview with La Repubblica, he said, “Proselytism is solemn nonsense, it makes no sense … I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation.”

In an interview with Spanish language news outlet Mundo Negro back in mid-December, which was published on January 13, Pope Francis acknowledged that he initially became a Jesuit to go as a missionary to Japan.

“I see that the Catholic Mission is not a proselytizer, but announces the Gospel according to the culture of each place,” the Pope said. “Catholicism is that, respecting cultures.”

“A missionary goes, respects what is found in each place and helps to create harmony,” he added. “But it does not engage in ideological or religious proselytism, much less colonialism….the most serious sin that a missionary can have is proselytism. Catholicism is not proselytizing.”.....

SkyRider

That is double-speak or speaking with a forked tongue. Catholicism is all about proselytizing. That is what their whole ecumenical drive is all about and everybody is welcomed into their fold, just as long as the pontiff reigns supreme.

They sent their agents into all of the Americas to convert the natives to Roman Catholicism. I was born and raised in California and their old missions are all up and down the state. Wherever their “fathers” went, it was their mission to train the local populace to becoming subservient to the pope and his religion, and even some of the local pagan practices were still allowed to be a part of their worship, just so long as the local priest was still the one “guiding” them.

This activity by the papacy flourished all around the globe. They want all to bend the knee to the false religion of popery. It is true biblical Christianity that they don't want getting a foothold in the places that Rome has a sway over. That is where they ”protest”; Protestantism must be stopped, Catholicism must be preeminent.

SkyRider

You got to realize, this guy is a Jesuit. They use a multitude of tactics to trick people into signing on to their program. Any and all means can be employed to deceive the masses. NOTHING is off limits to achieve their goal. And supposedly, from what I've been reading of the Jesuits, even Bergoglio - the so-called White Pope - is dictated to by the Black Pope, the Superior General of the Jesuits. The upper echelon of the Jesuits are the real power behind the curtain, as it were. But they all serve a more sinister force. So, whatever they proclaim to the masses, a more nefarious agenda is in play.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
You got to realize, this guy is a Jesuit. They use a multitude of tactics to trick people into signing on to their program. Any and all means can be employed to deceive the masses. NOTHING is off limits to achieve their goal. And supposedly, from what I've been reading of the Jesuits, even Bergoglio - the so-called White Pope - is dictated to by the Black Pope, the Superior General of the Jesuits. The upper echelon of the Jesuits are the real power behind the curtain, as it were. But they all serve a more sinister force. So, whatever they proclaim to the masses, a more nefarious agenda is in play.
They serve Satan .
The Jesuits run the Vatican.
They are preparing for the arrival / revealing of the ' man of sin' .
Francis still could be the last Pope.
Soon there won't be any more presidents as well.

SkyRider

I found this to be interesting, in light of how late the hour is and how close we are to the final tweaking needed to prepare for the final week of years and for the players and circumstances to line up prophetically for the foretold events to occur:

There are currently 6 Roman Catholics serving in the Supreme Court: John Roberts; Clarence Thomas; Samuel Alito; Sonia Sotomayor; Brett Kavanaugh; and Amy Coney Barret. A seventh, Neil Gorsuch, was raised Roman Catholic, but is now an Episcopalian.

Of course, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi, are two prominent Roman Catholics who walk the halls of government. Biden, last October, prior to attending the G20 summit, stopped off to visit the Vatican first before heading off to Bali, Indonesia. I always find it interesting that heads of state pay a visit to Rome to meet with the pope for whatever reason. Why the need to check in with him if he is a purely religious figure??

Gavin Newsom, governor of California and a leading contender for a prominent position in the Democratic leadership, and is a far left progressive in how he governs, is a Roman Catholic.

Pierre Trudeau, leader of Canada, is a Roman Catholic. He has recently been a very controversial figure and has implemented some heavy handed tactics and restrictions on his countrymen.

Emmanuel Macron was born and raised a Catholic, but according to google, is classified as a “zombie Catholic”, meaning, I guess, not active in his faith.

Felipe VI of Spain is a Roman Catholic.

There are probably more but I find it noteworthy that these current kings or leaders are of the Catholic fold.
Coincidence….or not. I leave it up to you. “There's a sign post up ahead, you're next stop…..”

KenE@21B

One cannot help but feel abject sorrow for the millions of people who have been trapped by the Catholic church.

Too few Catholics ever read a Bible - the RCC-approved 'missal' is not the Word of God, is not alive and powerful and does not nourish the Spirit or fill the heart with light and truth.

It seems almost as if Catholicism deliberately practices the opposite of what the Word teaches: to call no man 'Father', not to have or bow to graven images, to confess one's sins to a man who has no power to forgive\absolve sin, instead of confessing them to God with a contrite spirit of repentance, to buy salvation for the dead with money - just to name a few!

The true history of the Catholic church is horrific! It is estimated that around a hundred million people have been put to death for opposing the pope.

Herewith a number of the most blasphemous utterances\decrees\edicts that have emanated from the Roman Catholic church:

The Catholic Council of Trent in 1545 declared this:
"We define that the Holy Apostolic See and the Roman Pontiff hold primacy over the whole world."

In the same century, Cardinal Robert Bellarmine stated this:
"All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope."

In 1895 an article from the Catholic National said this:
"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, but he is Jesus Christ, Himself, hidden under the veil of flesh."

Further Quotes from Vatican Documents show the Papacy's belief in Papal Infallibility:
"He [the Pope] can pronounce sentences and judgments in contradiction to the rights of nations, to the law of God and man...
He can free himself from the commands of the apostles, he being their superior, and
from the rules of the Old Testament...
The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ.

In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:
"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husband man, thou art finally another God on earth."

The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:
"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical."

And speaking about the same document, Father A. Pereira said this:
"It is quite certain that Popes have never disapproved or rejected this title "Lord God the Pope" for the passage in the gloss
referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome by Gregory XIII."

Papal documents also say this:
"Those whom the Pope of Rome doth separate, it is not a man that separates them but God. For the Pope holdeth place on earth, not simply of a man but of the true God....dissolves, not by human but rather by divine authority....I am in all and above all, so that God Himself and I, the vicar of God,
hath both one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do...wherefore, if those things that I do be said not to be done of man, but of God, what do you make of me but God? Again, if prelates of the Church be
called of Constantine for gods, I then being above all prelates, seem by thisreason to be above all gods."

We need to pray for Catholics to have their eyes opened to the truth before it is too late.

SkyRider

Excellent post, bro. And I'm with you on the Catholics needing their eyes opened. It is their system that I detest - as a former Catholic who was duped by their lies - but the Catholics themselves, including the nuns and priests who are equally being deceived, that I feel sorry for.

You can easily see that it was Lucifer himself who uttered all of those false proclamations, infallible declarations and bogus papal bulls, all to discredit Our Lord Jesus Christ and His true gospel of grace. The enemy doesn’t miss a trick to both nullify God's truth and to also keep all the followers of popery in complete darkness and blinded from the true means of salvation.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
In the end , who will God hold accountable at
The Great White Throne Judgment...

It is as if many of these cultic catholics are comfortable being stagnet in their ignorance.

READ THE BIBLE!!!
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

Not much left of that dead horse to beat.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
"It is quite certain that Popes have never disapproved or rejected this title "Lord God the Pope" for the passage in the gloss
referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome by Gregory XIII."

I'm always astonished at quotes like these. This really is a form of idol worship rather than the one true God. And additionally the basis for this is man's writings rather than God's freeing Word of truth.

May many in this organization read their bibles, understand God's truth and repent, placing saving faith alone in Jesus alone for eternal life. May many know the free gift of eternal life and God's unconditional love. :pray

The [Holy] Spirit and the bride (the church, the true Christians) say, Come! And let him who is listening say, Come! And let everyone come who is thirsty [who is painfully conscious of his need of those things by which the soul is refreshed, supported, and strengthened]; and whoever [earnestly] desires to do it, let him come, take, appropriate, and drink the water of Life without cost.

Revelation 22:17 AMPC

Purchased With Blood

Napoleon Bonaparte said, "The Jesuits are a military organization, not a religious order. Their chief is a general of an army, not the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is power. Power in its most despotic exercise. Absolute power, universal power, power to control the world by the volition of a single man."

SkyRider

Napoleon Bonaparte said, "The Jesuits are a military organization, not a religious order. Their chief is a general of an army, not the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is power. Power in its most despotic exercise. Absolute power, universal power, power to control the world by the volition of a single man."
Right. Lincoln spoke out about them. So did Jefferson, Monroe and Adams, I think, and a host of previous European leaders. They all knew how diabolical they were and are in how they operate.

Jaybird

Absolute power always corrupts absolutely. This not only applies to political power, but religious power as well. I have never really understood this lust for power in any way, shape or form. The only antidote for the followers of the RCC is to understand the Word of God. We have beaten this topic to death on some of the other threads. The Gospel message is not hard to understand.

John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

We should pray that the RCC followers see the truth.

Nemophilist

I never cease to be amazed at what this guy says. It is sobering to think of all the many millions of followers who THINK they are ok and on their way to heaven, but oh what a shock awaits them when they stand before the King of Kings. There may be some in the catholic church who really are following Jesus, but probably not very many. :(

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Were it not for the Grace of Christ...

Another reminder for followers of Christ to be daily in the Word.
Studying and discerning the times rightly,
growing in our relationship with the Living God,
and thus knowing the imposters immediately.

That is what makes the end-times so perilous: For the majority there will be few to guide and call out the fakes.

Jaybird

Were it not for the Grace of Christ...

Another reminder for followers of Christ to be daily in the Word.
Studying and discerning the times rightly,
growing in our relationship with the Living God,
and thus knowing the imposters immediately.

That is what makes the end-times so perilous: For the majority there will be few to guide and call out the fakes.
Well said. The only antidote to the false teaching is to know the Scripture. Unfortunately, most Catholics just rely on what their clergy tell them is right and never crack open a Bible. The light of the truth always diminishes the darkness of false teaching.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Well said. The only antidote to the false teaching is to know the Scripture. Unfortunately, most Catholics just rely on what their clergy tell them is right and never crack open a Bible. The light of the truth always diminishes the darkness of false teaching.
It seems much of their clergy is reluctant to open a Bible as well. Certainly their pope is ignoring scripture.

Back