Pope Francis calls for a Universal Basic Income.

Lovin Jesus

Once again, to throw logic at the issue, where is the money coming from?

If all of these people are unemployed or on reduced wages and businesses are closed, they are not paying taxes to fund the government.

This is a death spiral. The speed is picking up.
You are spot on as far as that goes in the U.S what is interesting is how Democrats keep talking about all this money that “the government” is suppose to come up with to give away but they have to realize the money doesnt actually come from the government, it always comes from the taxpayer. If it wasn’t for the taxpayer there would be no money for the government to use

Last edited:

SkyRider

There's a word for that, hmmm... What is it? Oh
There's a word for that, hmmm... What is it? Oh yeah... Catholicism. :biggrin2

Seriously, I think the “Catholicism” moniker can be dropped and just call it what it is: Romanism, which fits in nicely with end times eschatology. I'm still not convinced that it won,t be a Roman Pontiff who winds up being the Beast, and not just the False Prophet. Maybe not this current pope but someone lurking or coming up through their ranks. The Pope is both a religious figure and the head of a State in the Vatican. The woman riding the beast, could be the Roman Catholic religious system, which would control this guy initially until he uses it long enough to suit his purposes before he and his 10 decide to turn on it and destroy it. I also think the false prophet will be a false Jewish Elijah-type prophet who tries to point Israel into accepting the beast's “peace deal”. Anyway, got a little carried away by the “Catholicism” thing.

I've been told that that term means “universalism” or something similiar, which is also interesting in a globalist sense. But “Roman Catholicism”? How can you have both a specific location or city tied in with something universal?? Hmmm....

borrowedtime

You are spot on as far as that goes in the U.S what is interesting is how Democrats keep talking about all this money that “the government” is suppose to come up with to give away but they have to realize the money doesnt actually come from the government, it always comes from the taxpayer. If it wasn’t for the taxpayer there would be no money for the government to use
Wife is a liberal. We are both feds so we are ok in this crisis and we have had a couple fights over the stupidity of this shut down.

Couple days ago we were back to the “safety” things cause she was mad at her friend (who’s a server) is mad cause she’s been unemployed and now that she can work soon it’s at 50% capacity and she knows she will continue to struggle to survive.

Wife kept saying safety. I said I’ve never seen a world where people wanted to work and told no. She brought up safety and more stimulus money.

When I asked her where the money was coming from since we just torched 3 billion and that was before people with her mindset FORCED 30 million new people onto the unemployment line AND they also get money from the government since not one of them is paying taxes anymore she looked at me like I was crazy.

I’m disgusted at this world.

DanLMP

Wife is a liberal. We are both feds so we are ok in this crisis and we have had a couple fights over the stupidity of this shut down.
I feel your pain. My wife is a Democrat AND a nurse so nothing I say can possibly have any merit.

I brought up the subject of HCQs and was told by her that it's dangerous. And the only reason she thinks it's dangerous is because that's what she has been told.

You can't logically argue with illogical thinking.

SkyRider

So are we forming one of those groups like AA or some other discussion group where all the participants suffer from the same condition? “Hello, my name is Jerry [Hello Jerry!] and I too am married to a Democrat [group groan].” My wife likes to boast that cancels out my vote. It doesn't really matter here in Tennessee where the state is mostly Republican. But she gets that from her father and her Massachusetts upbringing. Can,t convince her otherwise to switch parties, like some of her siblings have done. I can remember years ago her dad was helping me wallpaper our new house and I had Rush Limbaugh on the radio to try to indoctrinate him. After about an hour of that, he asked me if I could turn to some other station. So my intent backfired.

Channah

My son is in the Air Force and he told me on Thursday, "Mom" I'm a republican." His wife is a liberal though so . . . It's really a strange world my baby granddaughter loves Trump. She said she was bullied by her teacher (she's in a Christian school) about it but she stood strong. She's only in the fourth grade. She's also transferring to another school this year . . . Thank God.

I do know for. a fact some young kids and young adults do like Trump as my daughter told me she and her young adult friends are finally figuring out what this democratic jig is about.

MapleLeaf

Universal Income would be a cut to us and it took forever to get to that point for us. We are working class. And my husband has had lots of periods of unemployment over the years. It messes with you and undermines your confidence. Especially as the head of the house. I think welfare programs should be saved for those who truly can’t earn a living on their own

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Unemployed for over 2 years, so I can't get any more unemployment benefits. I have some $$$ coming in (not welfare), which is mostly taxable. So I'll be paying for the people who are getting unemployment plus the Federal kicker simply because they haven't been unemployed as long as I have been.

If the UBI counts $$$ that's already coming in, I'll probably not get anything, but my taxes will pay for others to have said UBI.

Hmmmmmm

JamesSuth

Yeah here in the UK they are rolling out "universal credit" ....we know his popeyness (I realise that reads like popeye!!) is pushing OWR and so "universal" this and "global" that clearly are steps towards the OWG ....

Reading his words, I can almost hear the :snake and it really shows how the One Worlders are using covid to push their agenda ....

(Oh how much longer Lord?? On one hand its exciting to see Bible prophecy happen in front of our eyes, on the other hand its hard to do practical stuff each day and we hate to see what the globalists are up to ....plus we long to see people saved around us and we really really long for Home!!!)
Totally agree, we can see where all of this is heading. Reality does not matter, with what we know from the Bible about what is going to happen, it is really easy to see how the world will demand that everyone is paid by government. I'm also from the UK and I see an almost total acceptance now that work and money have almost no relationship. The lockdown and government funding to keep things going seem to have proved to people that we no longer need to work, the government can fund us all! It's crazy. A few lone voices are pointing out that it will need to be repaid.

After the rapture, with all the chaos that takes place I can see a rapid move towards OWG and probably a universal income. Perhaps the pope can then say he was right!

Looking forward to His return :)