Pope Francis Abandons Christ’s Cross to Appease Muslims

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Well looks like this person is no longer a member, but they can probably get on RF to read(really needs to), I pray they do and the HS can do a work in them before it's too late :pray
The only thing Christians can do is plant seeds others water, and it is the Holy Spirit that draws them. They need discernment and the Holy Spirit is our teacher and comforter.

Jaybird

I read somewhere that the reason they forbade priests to marry is that they were concerned the families would inherit Church assets after they died or create dynasties:

Controlling Church Property through Childlessness?

According to some church historians, the rule of priestly chastity arose to prevent any hereditary dynasties within the church. And Pope Gregory VII (1073–85) did argue that the political divisions and wars of Europe’s history happened mainly due to squabbles over inheritance. If the church allowed its clergy to have babies, then the children would fight to own the church as well.

katt

I read somewhere that the reason they forbade priests to marry is that they were concerned the families would inherit Church assets after they died or create dynasties:

Controlling Church Property through Childlessness?

According to some church historians, the rule of priestly chastity arose to prevent any hereditary dynasties within the church. And Pope Gregory VII (1073–85) did argue that the political divisions and wars of Europe’s history happened mainly due to squabbles over inheritance. If the church allowed its clergy to have babies, then the children would fight to own the church as well.
This is exactly what it was all about..and so were the inquisitions..if you'll notice..they very seldom went as after the Christian poor..most of their victims were rich land owners..

Jaybird

Follow the money. This is also why they went after the Knights Templar towards the end of the Crusades. They had a vast network of property and money. The KIng of France (I believe it was Phillip the Fair) invented charges against them so he could confiscate their wealth. No doubt the Church had their hands in the pot as well since the Kings were under the authority of the Pope.

Back