Pope Francis Abandons Christ’s Cross to Appease Muslims

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Pope Francis Abandons Christ’s Cross to Appease Muslims
And in a nation that was once so utterly terrorized in the name of Islam.
By Raymond Ibrahim

Pope Francis, a leading advocate of Doormat Christianity, is at it again. Although it is traditional for papal podiums to depict the crucifix, during his recent visit to the island of Malta, Pope Francis ditched the cross lest it offend Muslim migrants. As the archdiocese of Malta openly admitted, “The podium will not be adorned with a crucifix, given that the majority of migrants are Muslim.”

Instead, the podium backdrop used by Francis consisted of recycled plastic bottles with red blobs meant to highlight the two primary reasons Francis was visiting Malta — to defend migrants and the environment: “When you look deeper, you will see that the sea is made of recycled plastic bottles, because there is more plastic than fish in our sea,” artistic director Carlo Schembri explained. “And the red blobs are life jackets — the lives of people lost at sea.”

While this was meant to highlight the hazards illegal Muslim migrants experience crossing the Mediterranean, one wonders (but doubts) if Francis remembered the dozens of Christian migrants who were intentionally thrown overboard and drowned in the Mediterranean by their Muslim counterparts.

Meanwhile, Dr. Philip Beattie, an economist at the University of Malta, explained the reality of his island’s migrant situation: “The majority of the illegal immigrants trafficked to Malta on rickety boats leaving the Libyan coastline are not genuine refugees, but economic migrants — and are mainly Muslim young men aged between 18 and 28.”

Beattie also got to the heart of the matter:

Saint Paul preached “Christ crucified — a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles” [1 Cor. 1:23] when he brought the gospel to Malta. The Apostle boasted in the scandal of the Cross. Why is the pope ashamed of the Cross before Muslims, especially during Lent?

Perhaps it’s not just shame; perhaps Francis, whose Maltese mission was in large part to support the many Muslim migrants who have flooded the tiny island, removed the cross as a precaution — lest offended Muslims cause a scene and thus compromise his presentation of them as poor victims in need of more state aid and concessions. After all, and as is well documented in this article, past and present, Muslims have engaged in an unwavering pattern of desecrating and destroying the cross, especially in churches and Christian cemeteries.

The fact that Francis’s shameful conduct took place in Malta is especially ironic, if not ominous, for Malta was the scene of one of the worst Islamic invasions of history, one worth remembering.

On May 18, 1565, Muslims, in the guise of Ottoman Turks, savagely besieged Malta. The defenders of that tiny island were led by the Knights of Saint John (formerly the Hospitallers).

The Ottomans proceeded to subject the tiny island to, at that time, history’s most sustained bombardment (some 130,000 cannonballs were fired in total). “I don’t know if the image of hell can describe the appalling battle,” wrote a contemporary: “the fire, the heat, the continuous flames from the flamethrowers and fire hoops; the thick smoke, the stench, the disemboweled and mutilated corpses, the clash of arms, the groans, shouts, and cries, the roar of the guns…men wounding, killing, scrabbling, throwing one another back, falling and firing.”

The vastly outnumbered Knights of Christ fought tooth and nail; many of them were ritually mutilated, their hearts and entrails pulled out to cries of “Allahu Akbar.” Afterwards — and speaking of the crucifix that Francis is ashamed of — the Muslim invaders mockingly nailed their bodies to crosses and set them adrift in the harbor.

Despite this, the Knights and Maltese defenders so persevered that, on September 11, the Muslim invaders raised the siege and retreated.

Today, Islamic invasions of Europe continue, though under the guise of a “refugee crisis”—one that the head of the Catholic world is doing all he can to facilitate, not in the name of Christianity, as evidenced by his abandonment of the cross, but supposed humanism, even as many migrants continue acting like their invading and conquering forbears, including by destroying the hated cross.

Days prior to the Islamic siege of Malta, Jean Parisot de Valette (1494–1568), the grand master of the Knights of Saint John — “his disposition is rather sad,” wrote a contemporary, but “for his age [seventy-one], he is very robust” and “very devout” — explained to his men what was at stake:

A formidable army composed of audacious barbarians is descending on this island; these persons, my brothers, are the enemies of Jesus Christ. Today it is a question of the defense of our Faith as to whether the book of the Evangelist [the Gospel] is to be superseded by that of the Koran? God on this occasion demands of us our lives, already vowed to His service. Happy will those be who first consummate this sacrifice.

Amazingly, everything he said is now explicitly or implicitly rejected by the current pope—even though Valette’s words are largely still applicable: masses of people who not infrequently behave like “audacious barbarians” are still “descending on this island,” as well as all of Western Europe, even though they are and openly behave as “the enemies of Jesus Christ.” Moreover, “Today it is [still] a question of the defense of our Faith as to whether the book of the Evangelist is to be superseded by that of the Koran.”

And in the midst of such an existential struggle, the so-called vicar of Christ is doing everything in his power to compel Christians to drop their guard and take in and appease more and more Muslims—even as he abandons the cross of Christ, lest it offends these selfsame Muslims.

Surely Valette — whom the capital of Malta is named after in honor of his sacrifice — is turning in his grave.

Raymond Ibrahim, author of the new book, Defenders of the West: The Christian Heroes Who Stood Against Islam, is a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman...is-abandons-christs-cross-to-appease-muslims/

Jaybird

The RCC has never been a follower of Christ. For 1500 years they suppressed the truth of the Bible by forbidding anyone to read it besides the clergy. Granted, in most of that time period most people were uneducated and couldn't read it anyway, but they still continued to perpetrate their fraud. If you challenged their belief system they burned you at the stake for "heresy." We owe a huge debt to Martin Luther for challenging the RCC. I grew up in the RCC. They never like people who asked too many questions and if you read your Bible you will have many questions about their beliefs. I would never say all Catholics are not saved, some get it, but for the most part they have been duped by their Church leadership! Knowing the truth is the only antidote to apostasy!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I am a true believer in the Catholic faith. The bible was never with held from people in the early days of the one true church. THe priests were the ones to explain to the faithful. Go over to Europe and explore the great Catholic churches there that were built in the 1300 and 1400's and marvel at the stained glass windows that told the stories of the bible. Christ founded the Catholic church with his apostles. The only church found by Christ. I will pray for your lost souls and hope that you have a true conversation.
The true church is all born again believers. You have to personally accept :fish as your personal Savior. Have you done that?

SkyRider

I am a true believer in the Catholic faith. The bible was never with held from people in the early days of the one true church. THe priests were the ones to explain to the faithful. Go over to Europe and explore the great Catholic churches there that were built in the 1300 and 1400's and marvel at the stained glass windows that told the stories of the bible. Christ founded the Catholic church with his apostles. The only church found by Christ. I will pray for your lost souls and hope that you have a true conversation.

So you believe in a false gospel of works? You put your faith in a false Jesus that the Catholic priests present to you in the form of a wafer? You pay for your own sins in the form of penance? You call a sinful man in Rome the “Holy Father”, when that title is reserved for God the Father alone? You have no problem with the all the graven images of “Mary” that most Catholic churches have in abundance and the “faithful” have prayed to in idolatrous worship - wrongfully placing something before God? How much time are you looking at in Purgatory because supposedly an insufficient Christ couldn’t cover the cost of all your sins?

What kind of faith is that?? Certainly not one that Christ nor the Apostles taught or believed in. They would have nothing to do with Romanism. It is a false church; there is nothing True about it.

Batfan7

A "true believer in the Catholic church", huh? Well, unless you are a true believer in Jesus, you aren't going to see Heaven. So, just to be clear, here's the good news: Jesus paid for ALL your sins on the cross (not just a subcategory of sin). You don't have to do a single thing as penance. Simply believe that Jesus death is "good enough", and you will be saved. Jesus declared on the cross "It is finished.", which is an accounting term which could also be translated as "paid in full." So, if you are willing to believe Jesus actually did "pay in full", then you are good to go. And you can even continue to attend a Catholic church service, if you desire, since it isn't the church you attend that determines your eternity, but the faith in what God did on your behalf that matters.

SkyRider

I wouldn’t recommend staying there at all, nor would I think the Holy Spirit would leave a true believer in an environment where Jesus has to be re-sacrificed over and over ad nauseum. Nor partake or observe an idolatrous, blasphemous ritual where a gluten wafer is adored as Our Lord and Savior. A true Christian should not be a part of such a pagan practice.

lightofmylife

I wouldn’t recommend staying there at all, nor would I think the Holy Spirit would leave a true believer in an environment where Jesus has to be re-sacrificed over and over ad nauseum. Nor partake or observe an idolatrous, blasphemous ritual where a gluten wafer is adored as Our Lord and Savior. A true Christian should not be a part of such a pagan practice.
I agree God doesn't want us to be in a church that has false teachers. He wants us to be taught sound doctrine.

lightofmylife

To all who responded to me. I once was not Catholic. I converted many years ago after hearing the pastor in my former church cut down Catholics from the pulpit. So after listening to one too many sermons I had to find out what Catholicism was all about. I went to a mass and was totally amazed at the people who were kneeling and praying before mass started. I too also kneeled and ask the Lord to show me the way. Several months later in a dream the Holy Mother appeared to me and said to join the church you will be welcomed on earth and in heaven. I took her advise and converted.
For you Mary disbelievers, please read John 19:25-27, Jesus gives Mary to the church and also stated this to John, Jesus gave Mary to take into his home and for all the disciples from then to he comes back again.
For you unbelievers on confession. I too believe that Jesus took away the sins of each and everyone of us. But we fall into Satan's trap of sinning and need to confess to be forgiven. Jesus tells his disciples whose sins are forgiven are forgiven and whose that are retain are retained.
For the Eucharist, read Luke 19-20. Jesus took the bread broke it blessed it and said this is my body take and eat. Then he took the cup gave the blessing and said take this and drink of it the blood of the new covenant.
You all may need to do some serious thinking and research
Do you go along with praying to dead people who call themselves saints, and doing the rosary beads. Also, do you believe in purgatory? There is no purgatory the :bible is our source. It is heaven or hell.

Last edited:

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I converted many years ago
You converted, but have you been "Born Again"? John 3:3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
A person must repent, ask Jesus to be their savior, he will forgive your sin(s) and set you free , it's the only way into the Kingdom of God, no prayers to Mary she has no power of any kind, no prayer beads, no prayers to dead people, no purgatory, no thousands of years of tradition, just Jesus and you accepting his finished work on the cross for you, believe he is enough because he is, His word says so, after all the bible says he is the Word John1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jaybird

Think about this. In the Gospel of John Chapter 6 verses 28 and 29 Jesus was asked "What must we we to do the works God requires." Jesus could have said love your neighbor as you love yourself, keep the ten commandments, pray the rosary, confess your sins to a priest, say 50 Hail Mary prayers, do your penance, go to church, be kind, etc.. He could have said any work, but what did he say: "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

The Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2 verse 8 proclaims: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."

Grace is God's gift. You have to believe that Jesus paid the price for all of your sins on the cross. Faith, Faith and Faith save you from eternal damnation. Look at Hebrews. Paul shows that even the old patriarchs like Moses and Abraham had faith. Show us one verse from the Bible. You know, the actual Word of God that justifies Catholic theology? Show us one verse. You can't. The Bible is inspired by God. He is God - how can he not make his will known through men. He is not the God of confusion. His inspired Word speaks for itself!!!!! Your Catholic church adds works and doctrines not found in the Bible. Where do they get this authority? They are wolfs in sheep's clothing. Read your Bible and pray for understanding.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
in a dream the Holy Mother appeared to me and said to join the church you will be welcomed on earth and in heaven.
So you just took it as fact that this apparition was actually her, and that she has the authority to tell you this. If you asked the Lord to show you the way, why would he send Mary to you, when Jesus Himself has already stated that HE is the Way, Truth and Life?

SkyRider

Guys/Gals, as you know, it all comes down to discernment. If you don't have it, you can see the truths laid out in Scripture. When I was a Roman Catholic, I was blinded to any biblical knowledge and was fully immersed into the plan laid out by the papacy. Afterall, we were convinced that we were members of the One True Church, the one that Christ started and all of the other things that go along with Rome's deceptions. It wasn't until the Holy Spirit lead me to start reading God's Word, lead me to become Born Again - as talked about in John 3:3 - and lead me out of Roman Catholicism that the scales came off and I could see just how wrong and devious that the Roman religion is. I got saved out of it in 1991 and have tried desperately to get parents and siblings to come out of it as well. I can't count the number of times that I tried to present the true gospel to them, but they just didn't get it; they couldn't SEE the highlighted verses that I presented to them over and over again. It just didn't register.

All I can suggest is that a person sincerely looking for God's Truth has to pray for discernment. Otherwise, it is an almost futile exercise. The Holy Spirit must be involved in our search for the truth. The devil blinds the minds of those that he has in his grasp. And unless a person is worshipping the Lord in Spirit and Truth, then Satan has these people right where he wants them: worshipping falsely - praying before statues/graven images (as condemned by God in the second commandment Exodus 20:4); trusting in a "Holy Mother Church"; trusting in/believing in/praying to a "Holy Mother of God"/"Queen of Heaven" (as condemned by God in Jeremiah):

"The children gather wood and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Do they provoke me to anger? saith the Lord; do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?" Jeremiah 7:18, 19.

The supposed Queen of Heaven was a pagan deity. Nothing has changed. It is still a pagan practice and Rome embraces it and has their followers serving it.

And doesn't this sound like Rome and how they thumb their nose at God and His Word and do whatever they want:

"But we will certainly do whatever thing goes forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?" Jeremiah 44:17-19

"So that the LORD could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which you have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as this day." Jeremiah 44:22

The Lord equates worshipping a "queen of heaven" or a "Mother of God" as evil and an abomination. God has no mother or father; to label a person as such puts her on equal standing as God or has in essence deified her (the real biblical Mary was the mother of our Lord in His human manifestation; He had to have a human being as a mother to become a man. She is not the "Mother of God". Jesus Christ, was and is God long before He created Mary for her special role. Outside of her availing herself to be used by God as a chosen vessel to bring forth the humanness of Christ, she plays no part in our salvation or in the redemption of Man)

I would wholeheartedly recommend seeking the Lord's help through the Holy Spirt in achieving the discernment needed to avoid confusion, error or placing your complete trust in a deceiving institution. All of us former Catholics can now truly see how false Romanism is and how deceptive and insidious their false doctrine can lead their adherents into a Christ-less eternity. I thank the Lord every day - when I think of it - that He lead me out of that false religion and showed me the Truth of His Word. I feel very sorry for all the Catholics still stuck in that system of bondage.

Jaybird

Words of wisdom from Skyrider.

1 Corinthians 2:10-14: The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Armor of Light

The only church found by Christ.
We are his church, a remnant of true born again believers awaiting his return when he will gather us up to meet him at the Rapture, something catholics don't understand or believe in, and they are not taught about it.

Here is a link to a page on this site that breaks down exactly what the RCC teaches and what real Biblical Christianity consists of, very easy to read and understand the differences between the two
https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...ism-compared-to-biblical-christianity.137214/

Last edited:

Trawdaddy

Maybe Catholics will study what the Bible says about being a Christian and would perhaps consider that the Catholic faith is not the best representation of what the Bible describes. Catholic friend, please study the Word of God for yourself. In God’s Word you will find God’s description of, and intention for, His Church. 2nd Timothy 2:15 says, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”

Armor of Light

The rapture does not make any biblical sense
Please take the time to read the information provide in the link, and all the information on this site pertaining to scripture, the Rapture, eschatology, exegesis, salvation, and the coming Tribulation period which the CHURCH will not experience because we will be gone by Rapture.

Back