"Pope" blames devil, seeks angels' help

Discussion in 'Ecumenism & Roman Catholicism' started by ehbowen, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ehbowen

ehbowen Well-Known Member

Círeth, athenasius, Andy C and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeri minton

Jeri minton Well-Known Member

I would be calling on Jesus, not the Archangel, makes me wonder. ,again, just what kind of relationship the Pope has with the Lord.

Círeth, athenasius, Andy C and 3 others like this.
  3. Everlasting Life

Everlasting Life Through Faith in Jesus

In the Bible, it's those who have called upon the Lord, that received help. Sometimes angels were sent, but in reponse to calling directly upon the Lord God's help and only at the direction and will of God.

I've not read anything in the bible where people directly called upon angels for help (nor is it ever advocated), but rather all people are encouraged and directed to call upon the Lord God, Jesus Christ for help.

In addition all the New Testament authors direct their praise and prayers to God ...and God alone. They also instruct the Church to do the same.

Círeth, athenasius, Andy C and 2 others like this.
  4. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Why would any Christian listen to anything the pope says? The entire RCC has limited to no discernment.

5. Xenosjeff

Xenosjeff Well-Known Member

Joseph Smith had an encounter with an angel. Muhammad did also, didn't that go well!

They're messengers, warriors and servants of God.

Any angel handing out something not explicitly contained within the word of God is the bad kind.

Note to Rome: Study scripture, not tradition and myth.

Jeff

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. maryrae

maryrae Well-Known Member

Totally agree with all of you!
    I had this thought as I read the headline in ehb's original post:
    The pope needs to put the blame for church division & scandals where it squarely belongs..... on human shoulders. It is because of the sin nature each of us are born with, that these things happen... even among true born again believers.

7. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

The OP headline reads to me as if the pope is blaming himself.....Yes, I know the pope is not actually satan, but IMO, he certainly is the dark ones most prominent spokesmen.

Círeth, athenasius and madcat like this.