Pope Benedict dead at 95

heisable2

My thoughts exactly. Leaving aside the failures of the Catholic church and their heretical teachings this man was taken down into retirement because he was a conservative who wanted to reform the Vatican. He was in the way of the globalists and those like Pope Francis. The fact that Francis moved everything in the opposite direction the minute the Jesuits took over with him in charge speaks volumes.

I have no idea if he was saved or not. What I do see is that even retired he was a rallying cry for conservative Catholics who may or may not be saved but who certainly hated many of the things that we also hate. He called out Islam, wasn't for the alphabet crowd and was what we might look at as a conservative figure.

As such, I think it's a loss. Sadly if he wasn't saved, all his good works won't save him or anyone. Only faith in Christ, and Christ alone would have done that.

I view his death like I view Queen Elizabeth- one more mile marker on the road to globalism and one world religion that embraces Islam as just another way to God. Both he and Elizabeth were personally conservative common sense leaders who tried their best to be a force for good and as such got in the way of the globalist agenda.

I don't believe either were "taken out" -- extreme old age did them in but their departure paves the way for an easier takeover by the globalist cabals working in the Vatican and over in Europe.

As for the self serving "call to prayer" and nice words about Benedict coming from Francis, that is nothing more than camouflage of the joy Francis likely feels at seeing his old rival and roadblock removed. Francis likely hopes the conservatives in the Catholic church will stop fussing about the takedown of what they felt was the truly elected pope for a usurper.
I heard on the news that his last words that I love you Jesus

AimeeP

Wonder what's going to happen after Pope Benedict is gone . . .

. . . sometimes, I get the impression Pope Benedict still being alive was keeping even worse stuff from happening doctrinally, practice-wise, politically, etc. (RCC, Pope Francis, etc.) :hmmm

:pray :pray :amen :amen
I agree. Especially since Francis is presiding the funeral. It's not sitting right with me.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I agree. Especially since Francis is presiding the funeral. It's not sitting right with me.

It's proper for the Pope to preside over the last Pope's funeral.

‘Solemn but simple’ funeral planned for former pope Benedict XVI​

Jan 1, 2023

"For the first time in modern history, a sitting pope will preside over his predecessor’s funeral next week, with Pope Francis leading a “simple” ceremony for Benedict XVI, who died Saturday.
Benedict, the first pontiff to resign since the Middle Ages, had renounced the papal throne – but lived within the Vatican and still wore white.
The 95-year-old would have a “solemn but simple” funeral on Thursday, Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni told journalists at a briefing following his death.

The sudden deterioration of the ex-pope’s health earlier this week had sparked questions over what would happen next.
The death of a Roman Catholic pope usually sets in motion time-honoured traditions, but would someone who had given up the papacy get papal treatment?
Unlike when previous popes have died, there is no need to call a conclave to elect a new pontiff, as Francis – chosen to succeed Benedict in 2013 – remains very much in the post.
Under rules set out in 1996, a pope must be buried between four and six days after his death.
How and when he is buried is usually decided by cardinals who gather from around the world, and who also organise the Vatican’s nine days of mourning, known as novemdiales.
They decide because the death of a pope traditionally creates a power vacuum at the top of the church.
However, no such vacuum exists in this case, as Francis is in charge."

More
https://thescotfree.com/ausnz/solemn-but-simple-funeral-planned-for-former-pope-benedict-xvi-2/

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

It occurred to me while reading this thread, and although we have no way of knowing, I wonder if Pope Benedict's resignation came more as a result of "doctrinal issues" with RCC and not being able in good conscience to continue as Pope, and the official reasons were actually secondary :hmmm

Regardless, Salvation is between the individual and Jesus :smile

Jaybird

It occurred to me while reading this thread, and although we have no way of knowing, I wonder if Pope Benedict's resignation came more as a result of "doctrinal issues" with RCC and not being able in good conscience to continue as Pope, and the official reasons were actually secondary :hmmm

Regardless, Salvation is between the individual and Jesus :smile
I would like to believe this about the Pope, but did you know that he was instrumental in pronouncing what the RCC calls an "anathema." This is basically a formal condemnation of any (mostly Protestant) church that claims to be Christian. As you know the RCC is the only true Church. Here is a clip from an old newspaper article:

"Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation."

What a loving Christian condemning everything outside of the RCC.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

The Catholic encyclopedia says, “In the New Testament anathema no longer entails death, but the loss of goods or exclusion from the society of the faithful . . . At an early date the Church adopted the word anathema to signify the exclusion of a sinner from the society of the faithful; but the anathema was pronounced chiefly against heretics.”1 Obviously, a Catholic anathema is a very serious thing, but Catholic anathema does not necessarily mean that a person thus anathematized goes to hell."

In the old days they would kill anyone who opposed them, now they just condemn them. And you say you represent Jesus? That is not the Jesus I know.

Ghoti Ichthus

I would like to believe this about the Pope, but did you know that he was instrumental in pronouncing what the RCC calls an "anathema." This is basically a formal condemnation of any (mostly Protestant) church that claims to be Christian. As you know the RCC is the only true Church. Here is a clip from an old newspaper article:

"Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation."

What a loving Christian condemning everything outside of the RCC.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

The Catholic encyclopedia says, “In the New Testament anathema no longer entails death, but the loss of goods or exclusion from the society of the faithful . . . At an early date the Church adopted the word anathema to signify the exclusion of a sinner from the society of the faithful; but the anathema was pronounced chiefly against heretics.”1 Obviously, a Catholic anathema is a very serious thing, but Catholic anathema does not necessarily mean that a person thus anathematized goes to hell."

In the old days they would kill anyone who opposed them, now they just condemn them. And you say you represent Jesus? That is not the Jesus I know.

Was this before or after Pope Benedict resigned? I'm assuming before, and this kind of thing is why I wonder about the possibility of "doctrinal issues" being the real reason, instead of (or in addition to) the publicly-stated age and infirmity.

Jaybird

This was before the Pope resigned and he was still active.

This is kind of long, but it is from the Catholic Encyclopedia:

Anathema remains a major excommunication which is to be promulgated with great solemnity. A formula for this ceremony was drawn up by Pope Zachary (741-52) in the chapter Debent duodecim sacerdotes, Cause xi, quest. iii. The Roman Pontifical reproduces it in the chapter Ordo excommunicandi et absolvendi, distinguishing three sorts of excommunication: minor excommunication, formerly incurred by a person holding communication with anyone under the ban of excommunication; major excommunication, pronounced by the Pope in reading a sentence; and anathema, or the penalty incurred by crimes of the gravest order, and solemnly promulgated by the Pope. In passing this sentence, the pontiff is vested in amice, stole, and a violet cope, wearing his mitre, and assisted by twelve priests clad in their surplices and holding lighted candles. He takes his seat in front of the altar or in some other suitable place, amid pronounces the formula of anathema which ends with these words: "Wherefore in the name of God the All-powerful, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, of the Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and of all the saints, in virtue of the power which has been given us of binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth, we deprive N-- himself and all his accomplices and all his abettors of the Communion of the Body and Blood of Our Lord, we separate him from the society of all Christians, we exclude him from the bosom of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth, we declare him excommunicated and anathematized and we judge him condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the reprobate, so long as he will not burst the fetters of the demon, do penance and satisfy the Church; we deliver him to Satan to mortify his body, that his soul may be saved on the day of judgment." Whereupon all the assistants respond: "Fiat, fiat, fiat." The pontiff and the twelve priests then cast to the ground the lighted candles they have been carrying, and notice is sent in writing to the priests and neighboring bishops of the name of the one who has been excommunicated and the cause of his excommunication, in order that they may have no communication with him. Although he is delivered to Satan and his angels, he can still, and is even bound to repent. The Pontifical gives the form for absolving him and reconciling him with the Church. The promulgation of the anathema with such solemnity is well calculated to strike terror to the criminal and bring him to a state of repentance, especially if the Church adds to it the ceremony of the Maranatha. (Emphasis mine.)

Here is an example of an actual anathema from the Council of Trent.

Canon IX. If any one shall say, that by faith alone the impious is
justified; so as to mean that nothing else is required to co-operate in
order unto the obtaining the grace of justification, and that it is not
in any respect necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the
movement of his own will; let him be anathema.

Ghoti Ichthus

I understand what anathema is. My point is that perhaps Pope Benedict resigned after he did some things as part of his Papal duties because he came to the conclusion that they were wrong and he could no longer do them in good conscience.

Peace . . . we're on the same side :smile

Jaybird

I misunderstood you, but I do agree with you in that Benedict was likely conservative and this didn't sit well with the Church hierarchy. Francis is definitely more liberal and more "globalist" in his mindset. He is pushing the one-world religion mindset and I suspect that Benedict was opposed to this. Interesting that he came to power when he did to help fulfill bible prophecy even though the RCC teaches Replacement theology. Once again another prophetic stage being set up through this Pope.

GHoe

Pope Francis resignation letter comes to light after pontiff celebrates 86th birthday​

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2022/12/19/pope-francis-resignation-letter/10925295002/

I think it's interesting timing to release (or possibly recycle) this info right before Benedict's death. In 2013 Pope Francis signed a resignation, the same year he "was named Pope" (supposedly in case of bad health) and gave it to the Vatican "Secretary of State". Pietro (Peter) Parolin was named Secretary of State in 2013 and he is still the Secretary of State. (Remember, the RCC is both religious and political power and so will be the coming King of the north from Ezekial 11).
From Nov 22' - https://www.ncronline.org/earthbeat...tican-looks-wield-new-status-un-climate-talks)

I for one don't believe anything the RCC or Francis says. I think there is good reason to believe the occult powers behind the RCC don't acknowledge Francis (privately) as legitimate pope. I think it's interesting from a symbolism perspective that Benedict died the eve of the New Year, (the same year Queen Elizabeth died) and as this world spirals into moral depravity in what appears to be a planned demolition.

The RCC's own prophet, St. Malachy prophesied (false prophet prophecy for actual Chritians) in 1189 that there would only be so many Popes numerically and that the final Pope would be called "Peter the Roman".. Interestingly, per that RCC prophecy, the pope that succeed Benedict was to be the "final Pope". I think it's very likely the Jesuit order and some RCC leaders named Pope Francis "Pope" but privately do not believe he is legitimately Pope. If so their prophet's prophecy would still be alive and open for fulfillment.

The same year Benedict "resigned" Jesuit trained Pietro Parolin became Secretary of State. A year later Jesuit "pope" Francis made Parolin a Cardinal He is eligible to become pope and he studied at the Jesuit founded Pontifical Gregorian University founded by Ignautios Layola (one of 3 founders of the Jesuits).

What are the odds a Jesuit becomes Secratary of State in 2013, then Benedict resigns (never previously happened) Francis, an open Jesuit is named Pope and promotes Parolin to Cardinal and now he is eligible to be Pope, but not before Francis signs his resignation letter ND hands it to Parolin and 9+ years later still hasn't been fulfilled ?? Or was it ?

If you haven't already, now would be a good time to familiarize yourself with the Mission Statement of the Jesuit order. Evil.

In looking at events in this light (although seemingly fanciful fiction) I wouldn't be surprised if Francis continues dragging his church away from God while the world falls into place, ready to accept the AC.

Something to keep an eye on would be who is elected the next Pope if in fact their legitimate pope just died. Could be telling.

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.

Pope Francis resignation letter comes to light after pontiff celebrates 86th birthday​

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2022/12/19/pope-francis-resignation-letter/10925295002/

I think it's interesting timing to release (or possibly recycle) this info right before Benedict's death. In 2013 Pope Francis signed a resignation, the same year he "was named Pope" (supposedly in case of bad health) and gave it to the Vatican "Secretary of State". Pietro (Peter) Parolin was named Secretary of State in 2013 and he is still the Secretary of State. (Remember, the RCC is both religious and political power and so will be the coming King of the north from Ezekial 11).
From Nov 22' - https://www.ncronline.org/earthbeat...tican-looks-wield-new-status-un-climate-talks)

I for one don't believe anything the RCC or Francis says. I think there is good reason to believe the occult powers behind the RCC don't acknowledge Francis (privately) as legitimate pope. I think it's interesting from a symbolism perspective that Benedict died the eve of the New Year, (the same year Queen Elizabeth died) and as this world spirals into moral depravity in what appears to be a planned demolition.

The RCC's own prophet, St. Malachy prophesied (false prophet prophecy for actual Chritians) in 1189 that there would only be so many Popes numerically and that the final Pope would be called "Peter the Roman".. Interestingly, per that RCC prophecy, the pope that succeed Benedict was to be the "final Pope". I think it's very likely the Jesuit order and some RCC leaders named Pope Francis "Pope" but privately do not believe he is legitimately Pope. If so their prophet's prophecy would still be alive and open for fulfillment.

The same year Benedict "resigned" Jesuit trained Pietro Parolin became Secretary of State. A year later Jesuit "pope" Francis made Parolin a Cardinal He is eligible to become pope and he studied at the Jesuit founded Pontifical Gregorian University founded by Ignautios Layola (one of 3 founders of the Jesuits).

What are the odds a Jesuit becomes Secratary of State in 2013, then Benedict resigns (never previously happened) Francis, an open Jesuit is named Pope and promotes Parolin to Cardinal and now he is eligible to be Pope, but not before Francis signs his resignation letter ND hands it to Parolin and 9+ years later still hasn't been fulfilled ?? Or was it ?

If you haven't already, now would be a good time to familiarize yourself with the Mission Statement of the Jesuit order. Evil.

In looking at events in this light (although seemingly fanciful fiction) I wouldn't be surprised if Francis continues dragging his church away from God while the world falls into place, ready to accept the AC.

Something to keep an eye on would be who is elected the next Pope if in fact their legitimate pope just died. Could be telling.
That is , if there is another pope.
Francis is the 112th pope. The 112th was predicted to be the last. (Not reading anything into that , just mentioning it as you did.)
He is also the first Jesuit Priest to become pope. The Jesuits now run the Vatican .
They are ALL ABOUT the coming Antichrist.

Last edited:

SkyRider

I don't know how much stock you can put into Malachi's Prophecy of the Popes. I just watched this past weekend the annual SyFy channel Twilight Zone marathon and equate this guy's prophecy as being akin to a Twilight Zone episode: highly entertaining but just a work of fiction. The prophecy was supposedly written in very cryptic and vague language, and includes a list of popes and antipopes as well. Even Catholic theologians describe the prophecy as a forgery and are not even sure that the Irish bishop compiled the list. It is very suspect, to say the least. Some of his supposed prophecies concerning the popes - usually just a few words of detail - seem to be nonsensical. The prophecy is probably on par with the works of a Nostradamus or Jeane Dixon type, and more than likely, just as phony.

Jaybird

I don't think you can put much stock in anything that comes out of the RCC!

If Pope Francis is truly the last Pope and the "harlot that rides the beast" then the Tribulation better happen real soon. He's 86. The harlot gets killed at some point i(f I remember correctly) so it can't be too far away given his age. Unless he's grooming another successor which is very likely.

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I don't know how much stock you can put into Malachi's Prophecy of the Popes. I just watched this past weekend the annual SyFy channel Twilight Zone marathon and equate this guy's prophecy as being akin to a Twilight Zone episode: highly entertaining but just a work of fiction. The prophecy was supposedly written in very cryptic and vague language, and includes a list of popes and antipopes as well. Even Catholic theologians describe the prophecy as a forgery and are not even sure that the Irish bishop compiled the list. It is very suspect, to say the least. Some of his supposed prophecies concerning the popes - usually just a few words of detail - seem to be nonsensical. The prophecy is probably on par with the works of a Nostradamus or Jeane Dixon type, and more than likely, just as phony.
I personally don't put stock in any of what those goofy dressed clowns say.
However it is interesting considering the "climate".
Eventually there will be no more Popes and for him to be predicted (number at least) during these last days is at least interesting.

Back