Pope Bans Blessing of Same-Sex Unions

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Vatican Says Catholic Church Won’t Bless Same-Sex Unions

"(CNN/CBS) — The Vatican said Monday that the Catholic Church would not bless same-sex unions, in a combative statement approved by Pope Francis that threatens to widen the chasm between the church and much of the LGBTQ community.

Explaining their decision in a lengthy note on Monday, the Holy See referred to homosexuality as a “choice,” described it as sinful and said it “cannot be recognized as objectively ordered” to God’s plans. The stance is certain to disappoint millions of gay and lesbian Catholics around the world.

“The blessing of homosexual unions cannot be considered licit,” the Vatican’s top doctrinal office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, wrote in the statement.

God “does not and cannot bless sin,” the statement added."

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/03...church-same-sex-unions-marriage-pope-francis/

Newsmax said people were tweeting to cancel the Pope, but I can't find anything to corroborate this.

AWillow

Peace that passes all understanding.

Vatican Says Catholic Church Won’t Bless Same-Sex Unions

"(CNN/CBS) — The Vatican said Monday that the Catholic Church would not bless same-sex unions, in a combative statement approved by Pope Francis that threatens to widen the chasm between the church and much of the LGBTQ community.

Explaining their decision in a lengthy note on Monday, the Holy See referred to homosexuality as a “choice,” described it as sinful and said it “cannot be recognized as objectively ordered” to God’s plans. The stance is certain to disappoint millions of gay and lesbian Catholics around the world.

“The blessing of homosexual unions cannot be considered licit,” the Vatican’s top doctrinal office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, wrote in the statement.

God “does not and cannot bless sin,” the statement added."

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/03...church-same-sex-unions-marriage-pope-francis/

Newsmax said people were tweeting to cancel the Pope, but I can't find anything to corroborate this.
Well at least they got something right

Accepted

I do not think this policy directly reflects the pope’s personal opinion, based on other things he’s said to the contrary. This statement came from the Vatican’s “Orthodoxy Office.” Francis did have to sign off on it, but perhaps under pressure.

TimeWarpWife

I'm confused :scratch ...does this mean that homosexual atheists can still get into heaven according to this pope? :doh The pope is gaining ground on AOC for the honor of Mental Pygmy of the Century competition.