Pop Rivet Gun

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Does anyone else own a pop rivet gun? I just got one because I need to remove the rivets from my gutter down spouts and then later put them back. I don't know how many uses they have, but it's a real cool invention. The one I purchased only cost $20 and the rivets are real cheap.

Don't mind me, I'm just a fool for cool tools!

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
They are really good as long as you use the correct rivets for the gun. Don’t ever try to use commercial grade or heavy duty rivets in a cheap rivet gun. It’ll pop a few rivets then the clamping jaws inside the tool will jam. They can be a real pain when you accidentally get a heavy duty rivet mixed in and it jams the gun.

Sometimes you can get lucky and get the rivet nail out without tearing the whole tool down. Also a heavy rivet can strip the gripper jaws in a cheap gun rendering it just about useless, unless it is a brand that you can replace the jaws in.

I love pop rivets, but I despise having to stop and rebuild the guns!

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Does anyone else own a pop rivet gun? I just got one because I need to remove the rivets from my gutter down spouts and then later put them back. I don't know how many uses they have, but it's a real cool invention. The one I purchased only cost $20 and the rivets are real cheap.

They are great on sheet metal. We have an air or pneumatic pop rivet gun where I work as a welder.

Andy C

Dont ask me. Im not good with too many tools. Im the type that needs a mallet just to fit the jigsaw puzzle pieces together.

I can use the normal tools, but the exotic ones, like a pop rivet gun.....:dilbert

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Dont ask me. Im not good with too many tools. Im the type that needs a mallet just to fit the jigsaw puzzle pieces together.

I can use the normal tools, but the exotic ones, like a pop rivet gun.....:dilbert
It's not only easy to use, but fun!!! :)
Hey, every little bit of joy I can get. Not much else is making me happy these days. :(

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Just so you guys know, I am not running around pop riveting everything I see.

I had a plastic shed built in my back yard about three years ago. I thought the guy putting it together was using a cordless/drill, as I could hear the clicking noise when it reached the set tension. Well recently I notice a screw was lose, so I tried to tighten it. It turned out that the plastic the screw was going into was stripped. I then checked some more screws and many of them had the same problem. Well it turned out that the guy was using a impact driver rather than a drill/driver. You should never use a impact driver to drive screws into plastic, as they have too much power which is hard to control. At the time the guy was putting it together, I had never heard of an impact driver. :shrug

So in any case I have been replacing the screws with pop rivets. Today I replace about 40 or 50. I still need to replace more, but I ran out of pop rivets. Not to worry, I just ordered 200 more. Now that outta do it!!!

Big Brother Billy

WAITING ON JESUS
BROTHER GOODBOY I USED A POP GUN IN THE FACTORY I WORKED IN FOR 30 YEARS. THE POP RIVET GUNS WERE NOT MANUEL. THEY WERE AIR. I HAVE USED BOTH. THEY ARE ODD TOOLS . THE FIRST TIME I USED ONE I HAD TO SEE WHAT MADE IT WORK. THE AIR RUN TOOLS WERE VERY RELIABLE EXCEPT FOR THE POP RIVET GUN. WELL I DON'T THINK I HELPED ANY. GOD BLESS YOU GOODBOY AND YOU BROTHER ANDY SEE Y'ALL IN GLORY! BILLY.