Poor Lion

Carl

I was watching NGO 2/18/12. A documentary about animal life in Africa in one of the regions that has a dry spell/summer. Showed how the animals lived during this time period. Crocks had it best since they could sleep through it if they wanted to. Hippos basked in the mud while going hungry. Elephants would find water in the sand and ate the dried grass, same with the antelopes. Lions and hyenas fought it out over the dead animals and the live ones they could get. Meanwhile the lions would occasionally compete with the crocks or try to catch a hippo off guard, something they would normally avoid.

Toward the end of the documentary they show one poor lion that had had a serious confrontation with something. Her lower jaw was almost ripped off. Poor thing could not eat or even drink. A death sentence.

The whole point is that I sat there and thought, "mans fall is responsible for that poor lion too". Prior to the fall animals were not carnivores. At least when Christ comes back 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. Isaiah 65:25 (KJV) I think that creation will be restored to what it was originally.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, bro ... as we are assured in Revelation, the new heaven and the new earth will be perfect. And nothing will ever die again! :thumbup