Pompeo: Iran tested a medium-range ballistic missile with multiple warheads

Discussion in 'Gog / Magog' started by Kaatje, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Saturday condemned what he described as “Iran’s testing of a medium-range ballistic missile capable of carrying multiple warheads”
    By: DEBKAfile, December 1, 2018

He said this was a violation of UN Security Council Resolution 2231, which endorsed of the 2015 international nuclear agreement.

Pompeo warned in a statement released on Twitter that Iran is increasing its “testing and proliferation” of missiles and called on the Islamic Republic to “cease these activities”. He said the new missile could strike “anywhere in the Middle East and even parts of Europe”.

DEBKAfile adds: Israel is known to be within range of Iran’s medium range ballistic missiles. The Secretary offered no specifics on the newly-tested Iranian missile, when the test was conducted and whether it was a success.

https://israelcnn.com/news/news/20181201-04

cchomeschoolmom and athenasius like this.
  2. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    cchomeschoolmom likes this.
  3. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/255541

"The missile reportedly has the capability to strike parts of Europe and the Middle East, according to Fox News."

Over in another thread Iran just picked up 2 new submarines. My question to those who know such things, are these missiles launchable from submarines? Because Iran is in my eyes looking like they want to make their missiles a threat to America not just Israel. As long as Europe keeps bowing to the mullahs, I doubt Iran will launch one their way.

4. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

:imsorry, AH,
    I try to keep up with the banned sites,
    but thought IsraelCNN was above board.

5. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I know you do. You are doing great. Keep going! The problem is so many more bad sites than good. There is only a handful you can "trust".

6. John Romans

John Romans Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing when i saw this along woth the submarine article

athenasius and cchomeschoolmom like this.
  7. DanLMP

DanLMP Well-Known Member

Iran has tested the launching of missiles from submarines.

To the best of my knowledge the missile must be designed to be launched from a sub. I dont know if these missiles are.

I would expect that Iranian subs need to surface in order to launch. You need a more sophisticated missile to be able to launch it while submerged. Again, I don't know if these missiles are designed for that.

Whether these missiles or any Iranian missile can be launched from their subs, in my mind, is an open question. I think it would be a mistake to underestimate the Iranians/Persians though. It's probably safer to assume they can.