Poll: How is your church managing the reopening?

How is your church managing the reopening?

• Opened / Opening date set, requiring masks plus spaced seating

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Opened / Opening date set, requiring masks but not spaced seating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opened / Opening date set, requiring spaced seating, masks recommended / optional

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Opened / Opening date set, without spaced seating, masks recommended / optional

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Opening is still delayed indefinitely

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
My church is reopening June 14, with 6 ft seating requirements. Family groups will be together. Everyone will brought to their seat by an usher.
"Masks will be worn by leaders, while they are serving" (To include the pastors, elders, children's church leader and ushers & greeters)
There is no mask requirement for attendees. Edit: Masks "strongly recommended" per pastor

(Edited out my personal feelings, in order to avoid starting a debate)

Last edited:

Almost Heaven

Ours has added Sunday Services so as not to have any one service to full. We have 3 Sunday Service times now. Sanctuary seating is spaced out, masks are not required, but encouraged to protect others, hand shaking and hugging is a no no for now during meet and greet time.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Our church never closed.
We have 2 services every Sunday and attend in turns. With spaced seatings, but no masks.
Have there been any cases among your church members? If you don't want to answer this, that's ok. Just curious.

Last edited:

cheeky200386

My church has been opened since April against the Governor's orders. All fines and charges were dismissed against the Pastor. We sit 6ft apart except when in families and wear masks.

Biblecat

We're waiting for the state's supreme court to make a decision on church opening guidelines. Right now, in phase one, we're only allowed 25 people at a time, but we have a large church. Our online presence is huge and is reaching more people them before, so we're praying for the Lord's will on opening.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Our church has never closed, but started streaming online when this whole thing started. Most people have stayed home (there are fewer than ten in every service.) Masks are optional and sanitizer is available at all entrances. I've chosen to wear a mask because I work with a lot of people and I don't want to expose anyone if I've been exposed.

Today we are going to hold services outside, so people can space themselves.

JSTyler

Opening next week, short outside services, masks optional (my personal rule not theirs), something-something social pretend distancing to match the guvmints guidelines. After that the week to week circumstances will be fluid and trend towards pre-covid normal.

We're going to show extreme consideration to those that have compromised physical circumstances and encourage them to attend from their vehicles and or watch the videos, slightly delayed, from home. That doesn't seem to be an issue for those beloved folks as they are already exercising wisdom and caution and a willingness to attend as best suits them. I'm a bit awestruck at the body-life that exists at our church. We've never experienced much of anything like it before.

The biggest hurdle we are facing is fear and our relationship to it. It's clear now that there's been a HUGE gap in the current teaching climate in our little chunk of America. It's going to be a balancing act moving forward, faith, boldness and wisdom weighed against fear, arrogance and lack of understanding. I hope it all results in a better understanding about what Paul (God, The Holy Spirit, actually) meant with the words, "To live is Christ, to die is gain."

Last edited:

JSTyler

Was told closed. Opening unknown for this time. Live In Maryland...….wonder why?
:sad

I wish there was some way we could directly communicate. I do understand the reason it's not condoned but...howdy kinda-sorta neighbor :wave

Last edited:

penbrat

my church has set a reopening date of in-person services for mid-june. It is a very large multi-generational church and they are trying to figure out a way to accommodate everyone safely. They have been streaming services and daily devotionals on Facebook in the interim.

Last edited: