Do you eat breakfast regularly?

• Yes, it's the most important meal

• No, I am never hungry until after 11am

• Does coffee count?

• Only if I am reallllly hungry

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jonathan

What an interesting question.

For me, no, very rarely if ever. For some reason, eating after waking up leaves me feeling fatigued and sluggish afterwards. On the other hand, I enjoy a very good dinner (and sometimes lunch). But I guess I am like a dog. I usually get by on one meal of day, not because I have to, but because it works for me.

With that said, I love breakfast foods. Nothing beats good bacon (Trader Joe's has the best), runny over easy eggs, and Jimmy Dean sausage.

Which is why I eat them in the evening so I can enjoy them and not feel bad.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I love my breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. If at home my breakfast lately has consisted of two eggs over eary, 2 slices of buttered sourdough toast, maybe some dried fruit, and a diet pepsi. If not then maybe a large bowl of grits with butter, salt, and pepper. I eat breakfast early, usually before 6 a.m. when I'm not running in the morning.

I prefer to run early to make sure I get that valuable exercise so when it's warm enough right after I wake up I drive to wherever I'm going to run and then jog for maybe 5 miles. I might then get a couple of sausage biscuits or muffins at one of the local McDonalds before returning home. Since COVID though, I've mostly been eating breakfast at home because our McDonalds doesn't currently have indoor dining. I have been trying to eat at a sit down restaurant for lunch once a week just to support the local restaurants that are open for dining in their establishment. Normally I don't do sit down restaurants because the food I prepare at home is more of a treat. When life is normal I do plenty of inexpensive fast food and no sit down restaurants.

So if I can run in the morning I have breakfast later in the morning, whether it's at home or McDonalds, and when I don't run first thing then I eat breakfast first thing.

I don't know if it's the most important meal or not... my stomach thinks every meal is important.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I love my breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. If at home my breakfast lately has consisted of two eggs over eary, 2 slices of buttered sourdough toast, maybe some dried fruit, and a diet pepsi. If not then maybe a large bowl of grits with butter, salt, and pepper. I eat breakfast early, usually before 6 a.m. when I'm not running in the morning.

I prefer to run early to make sure I get that valuable exercise so when it's warm enough right after I wake up I drive to wherever I'm going to run and then jog for maybe 5 miles. I might then get a couple of sausage biscuits or muffins at one of the local McDonalds before returning home. Since COVID though, I've mostly been eating breakfast at home because our McDonalds doesn't currently have indoor dining. I have been trying to eat at a sit down restaurant for lunch once a week just to support the local restaurants that are open for dining in their establishment. Normally I don't do sit down restaurants because the food I prepare at home is more of a treat. When life is normal I do plenty of inexpensive fast food and no sit down restaurants.

So if I can run in the morning I have breakfast later in the morning, whether it's at home or McDonalds, and when I don't run first thing then I eat breakfast first thing.

I don't know if it's the most important meal or not... my stomach thinks every meal is important.
McDonalds sausage egg/biscuits are delicious. I haven't had one in a long time because they're 600+ calories. :doh

Kudos on the 5 mile runs. I can only manage to just speed walk 2-3 miles/day.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I also love pancakes, but I have never had a good one INSIDE my home. They always turn out too eggy or cakey. Say what you will about McDonalds, but I think they make a decent pancake. It has the texture I prefer.
I should practice more with pancakes because I have had some out that were delicious. But it seems every time i crave a sweet breakfast food I just decide on french toast. I am really good at it. :tongue

Andy C

Breakfast is an important meal to start your day and most medical folks will tell you not to skip it. You dont take you car out on a drive without enough fuel do you? Plus, dietitians will tell you skipping this important meal can easily lead to grazing junk throughout the morning or a bigger lunch than normal.

Breakfast is a must for me to fuel me through the day. Plus, its the only meal where it feels natural for me to follow with a ....wait for it.....donut stick. :biggrin2

Channah

Yes on weekdays. Very boring, same thing year in, year out. Oatmeal with Ceylon cinnamon or like right now, oatmeal with black raspberries. Or oatmeal with a little honey, coffee with oatmilk or macadamia milk. Some days it’s shredded wheat. On weekends it’s mostly over easy eggs and whatever breakfast meat or tuna patties.

Andy C

I do the same. I usually wake up at 4am, drink one and only daily cup of coffee, and eat 3 of the 6 squares from my Cliff Blocks energy chew/gummy. This provides some fuel for my run. I eat breakfast approx 1 hour after finishing my run.