Police killers subscribed to "broad Christian fundamentalist belief system" known as premillennialism. "

Len

I found this interesting on many levels ....

...... "Linford said the trio appeared to have subscribed to a "broad Christian fundamentalist belief system" known as premillennialism. "

'Religiously motivated terrorist attack': Police believe trio of Queensland cop killers acted alone.​

The trio who executed two Queensland police officers and an innocent neighbour on a remote property acted alone and were religiously motivated, police have said.
Nathaniel Train, his brother Gareth and sister-in-law Stacey shot dead constables Matthew Arnold, 26, and Rachel McCrow, 29, along with Alan Dare at Wieambilla, more than 300km west of Brisbane, on December 12.
After examining 190 documents, including Stacey's extensive diary entries, Queensland Police Deputy Commissioner Tracy Linford said investigators believed the trio "acted as an autonomous cell and executed a religiously motivated terrorist attack".

She noted the investigation was "far from" over and that the coroner would make a final ruling on motivation.
Linford said the trio appeared to have subscribed to a "broad Christian fundamentalist belief system" known as premillennialism.
"The basic interpretation is that Christ will return to Earth for a thousand (years) and provide peace and prosperity," she said.
"It will be preceded by an era of tribulation, widespread destruction and suffering."
She said it was the first extremist Christian terror attack in Australian history, but noted similarly motivated attacks had taken place overseas, such as the Waco siege in the US in 1993.
The Train family referred to police as "monsters" and "demons" in a number of statements, Linford said.
"We don't believe this attack was random or spontaneous," she said.
"We do believe it was an attack directed at police."
Despite early reports which suggested the Train trio might be part of the sovereign citizen movement, Linford said there was no evidence they had explicitly declared themselves as sovereign citizens.
But, she said, there were certain similarities in behaviour, including anti-government sentiment and a withdrawal from society.

Linford said the property appeared to have been set up for an attack.
She said there were numerous camouflaged hides with "well-worn tracks" between them.
CCTV had also been installed at the property, along with multiple barriers of earth, wood and steel.
Mirrors had also been affixed to trees, which Linford said could have been used to give advance warning of approaching vehicles.
Linford dismissed a suggestion that there had been a "ringleader" among the trio and said there was no evidence they had had any assistance from anybody in Australia.
The trio had posted on social media, where people had interacted with them online.
In a chilling video shot on the night of the deadly siege, Gareth and Stacey Train addressed a "Don" and said they would see them at "home".

Channel Nine News Australia: click here for story

TrustinHim

Besides all that was wrong with the Waco cult, they were the ones attacked, one doesn't attack with a fixed location. Sounds similar to the government attack at Waco.
Also note that the report claims physical barriers were set up to "attack". The three people were eventually killed so you will never hear their version of what went down. Of particular interest is the characterization of belief in a tribulation period and a millennial kingdom as something crazy and unheard of. And so it begins.

Last edited:

DWB

There are many questions that need to be answered before designating these people Christian terrorist, if there is such a thing. A saved person/Christian is not going to commit premeditated murder, so the label will not stick. Why were the police targeted for murder? What are the reasons for contact between the two parties?

benmcd

I was originally thinking that this was just some people going postal, but now I really want to know their side of the story. Unfortunately we'll probably never know this side of eternity.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
There are many questions that need to be answered before designating these people Christian terrorist, if there is such a thing. A saved person/Christian is not going to commit premeditated murder, so the label will not stick. Why were the police targeted for murder? What are the reasons for contact between the two parties?
King David was a man after God"s heart and he premeditated murder .

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I saw this elsewhere. I will try to find it because there were more details.

They believed we're living in the tribulation already and that the people they murdered were part of the Antichrist's government.

In short nutjobs who thought their radically wrong interpretation of scripture gave them the right to go out and commit murder.

This is fundamentally wrong and makes me both sad and angry.

depserv

I don't want to comment on something like this incident without more information about it, but there are two things I can comment on.

As has already been pointed out, the mass murder of the people at Waco by the Bill Clinton regime was not an example of Christian terrorism; it was an example of state terrorism, the purpose clearly being to send a message to the American people that when government comes for your guns you better not resist. Besides that, it's my understanding that the cult leader, calling himself David Koresh, claimed to be a Messiah; this would define him as not a Christian.

If these killers had been homosexual or engaged in some other kind of devil worship loved by the liberal cult it's a pretty safe bet that the authors of this propaganda piece would not have considered it newsworthy, but when they have a chance to associate Christianity with terrorism they jump at the chance. Including their lie about Waco shows how rare violence of this type coming from Christians really is, and they make this clear while trying to make Christianity inspired violence appear common. This is doublethink at its finest.

MapleLeaf

Premillialism has zero relation to any sort of terrorism. It's kind of crazy that it's being referred to as "well, of course if they believed THAT then they'd be crazy". I've largely been ignoring this story because it's being used to stigmatize Christians. Any "oh they were bad, didn't interpret things right and I'm not like that" are all wastes of oxygen, typing energy and IQ points. The article was written in bad faith so I ain't apologizing for anything or explaining anything. Let them rage.

Back