PM after Israel reportedly strikes Syria: Maybe it was Belgian air force

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
PM after Israel reportedly strikes Syria: Maybe it was Belgian air force
Seven people, four Iranians and three Syrians, were killed in an airstrike allegedly launched by IAF on Iranian targets in the Damascus area.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
FEBRUARY 14, 2020

Prime Minister Netanyahu said that he did not know anything about the alleged Israeli attack that target the Damascus area on Thursday, adding that maybe it was "the Belgian air force." "I don't what happened last night," Netanyahu said in an interview with Radio Haifa on Friday, as quoted by channel 12. "Maybe it was the Belgian air force."

Seven people, four Iranians and three Syrians, were killed in an airstrike reportedly launched by IAF in the Damascus area on Thursday night, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, as quoted by Ynet. The attack was allegedly targeting Iranian ammunition depots in the city. Syrian state television stated that Syrian air defenses downed several missiles coming across Israel's Golan Heights before they hit their targets in the capital, Damascus.

Israel has continued to strike targets in Syria, as well as Iraq, as part of a campaign to weaken Iran and to remove its forces from the region. Netanyahu told Army Radio on Wednesday that Israel would not allow Iran to gain a foothold along the northern border, pointing out that Israel has conducted "countless" attacks to prevent this. Last week, SANA reported that Israel had attacked military targets in western Damascus. According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, missiles have been launched at bases and positions of the Syrian army and pro-Iranian militias. It was also reported that 23 people were killed in the attack last week, including pro-Iranian militiamen.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israel-strikes-Iranian-targets-near-Damascus-report-617569

Footsteps

OK tell me whether this is a possibility:
The weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, chemical, and biological) that we didn't find in Iraq were trucked into Damascus before we could confiscate them. You can't create a nuclear explosion by dropping a bomb on a nuclear bomb, but a nuke could leak radiation if damaged. And no doubt chemical and biomolecular agents would escape from destroyed housings. What if one of these attacks from Shangri La busted enough shell casings to render Damascus one big Chernobyl - in other words, permanently uninhabitable?

antitox

OK tell me whether this is a possibility:
The weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, chemical, and biological) that we didn't find in Iraq were trucked into Damascus before we could confiscate them. You can't create a nuclear explosion by dropping a bomb on a nuclear bomb, but a nuke could leak radiation if damaged. And no doubt chemical and biomolecular agents would escape from destroyed housings. What if one of these attacks from Shangri La busted enough shell casings to render Damascus one big Chernobyl - in other words, permanently uninhabitable?
Maybe I'm a little off point here but you are one of the few whom I've heard say that the WMDs got shipped to Damascus. I had said in other places that we got tipped by Israel who notified us that Russians came down and aided in the logistics of getting all of it shipped out to Syria before we went in. And the article (s) I read said that we didn't listen to the Israelis and went on ahead with our business. How many times people told me I wasn't right when I said that. And you are right about the nuke bombs not being able to set off the others via explosion. That is what we learned back when I worked on the cruise missile program. The bomb has to be armed in order to blow as designed.

Footsteps

My memory was of an Iraqi general reporting the Damascus destination. Not much to go on. I've always wondered about "ceasing to become a city" - even Hiroshima was rebuilt and thrives. My own read is that Damascus can't ever be occupied after its "event". A plague with more bodies that can be incinerated? A toxic chemical so lasting and pervasive the city limits must be walled up? Buildings visible, but no longer a "city" because no one can live there?

athenasius

Well
Maybe I'm a little off point here but you are one of the few whom I've heard say that the WMDs got shipped to Damascus. I had said in other places that we got tipped by Israel who notified us that Russians came down and aided in the logistics of getting all of it shipped out to Syria before we went in. And the article (s) I read said that we didn't listen to the Israelis and went on ahead with our business. How many times people told me I wasn't right when I said that. And you are right about the nuke bombs not being able to set off the others via explosion. That is what we learned back when I worked on the cruise missile program. The bomb has to be armed in order to blow as designed.
I REMEMBER having some threads on here (buried deep in the sedimentary layers of postings and pages back into misty time) that said exactly that. I'm another one that remembers it, and being documented on some pretty solid news sources.

There was a certain amount of I told ya so going on by some of the people who served under Bush Jr in which they pointed all those WMDs were shipped west into Syria on the request of Saddam. AND stored in Damascus. Finally proven right, but if memory serves the mainstream media quickly swept it into the memory hole.

A few of us here remember that quite distinctly, and I'm another one.

In fact I remember commenting a few times that a lot of the bunkers storing the WMDs WERE in Damascus and we were speculating that the IAF would probably split open some of the bio weapons at some point, or light up something big.

Kaatje

Well
I REMEMBER having some threads on here (buried deep in the sedimentary layers of postings and pages back into misty time) that said exactly that. I'm another one that remembers it, and being documented on some pretty solid news sources.

There was a certain amount of I told ya so going on by some of the people who served under Bush Jr in which they pointed all those WMDs were shipped west into Syria on the request of Saddam. AND stored in Damascus. Finally proven right, but if memory serves the mainstream media quickly swept it into the memory hole.

A few of us here remember that quite distinctly, and I'm another one.

In fact I remember commenting a few times that a lot of the bunkers storing the WMDs WERE in Damascus and we were speculating that the IAF would probably split open some of the bio weapons at some point, or light up something big.
I love going old-thread-hunting, and found this:

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/isaiah-17-damascus.137314/#post-842621470

athenasius

It wasn’t that one, but I thank you Erika— you have a knack for finding stuff, I think it goes back maybe 2015? Or maybe earlier.

I remember there was official confirmation of some sort about the whole missing WMDs that plagued poor Bush as he was mocked about their existence.

Somehow after Obama’s red line and in the continuing gas attacks by Assad on his people it came to light that there was a paper trail from Saddam to Assad showing the transfer of weapons.

The only people paying attention were Bush supporters who served under him and some media like Fox & Drudge.

The part that caught my attention (unless I dreamed all this) was the dates lined up with the time just before Bush invaded Iraq.

Saddam gave up his stash which included Sarin if memory serves.

Then another report or rumours of these WMDs being stashed in and around Damascus.

It got all the prophecy watching people excited about the potential forIsaiah 17.

But as often happens it was buried by other interesting events and faded from view.

athenasius

It’ll come back up at some point. :thankyou

I think we’ve had some big changes in the programming of the site over the years but I might try digging into old news sources and get the original information up for air.

Not now, I’m on my cell but another day maybe.

athenasius

Hm not as hard as I thought. Starting here https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/are-syrias-chemical-weapons-iraqs-missing-wmd-obamas-director-of-intelligence-thought-so?_amp=true

But will edit in more

yup 2014 was the big reveal which makes me think 2015 or so. Over to you now @antitox

But it’s behind a paywall at NYTimes a story that this one linked to as reference. Chivers or Cheevers is the author & points to a lot of abandoned WMDs that US soldiers were hurt by as they destroyed them. The left claiming it proved nothing and the right saying at least they found some.

next looking here

with the Syrian journalist cited from the first article.
https://www.mic.com/articles/62103/how-did-syria-get-chemical-weapons-did-they-come-from-our-old-friend-saddam#.5VUSeXwty

Last edited: