Photos

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
As per the forum rules, we are not allowed to post pictures.

So in general I delete all pictures from articles before posting them,
but sometimes, when the picture is really important, I do post it.

Chris allowes us some leeway, but I really try not to abuse that.

Hope that helps?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Actually pictures/photos are permitted, but ONLY from your own computer or on a website you own and control and that the images are not controversial or offensive in any way. The rule is as follows:

25] No hot linking images - Hot linking, also known as bandwidth theft, involves posting images stored on a website you don't own or control. Linking to images stored on a website you own or control is allowed provided the images are family friendly.

Images do take up a lot more disk space than text, so unless a picture serves a real purpose, it's preferable not to use one.

(Btw, images of guns and other weapons are never permitted and neither are images that portray any of our banned topics. Take time to read our rules first, please.)

Mary Cole

Actually pictures/photos are permitted, but ONLY from your own computer or on a website you own and control and that the images are not controversial or offensive in any way. The rule is as follows:

25] No hot linking images - Hot linking, also known as bandwidth theft, involves posting images stored on a website you don't own or control. Linking to images stored on a website you own or control is allowed provided the images are family friendly.

Images do take up a lot more disk space than text, so unless a picture serves a real purpose, it's preferable not to use one.

(Btw, images of guns and other weapons are never permitted and neither are images that portray any of our banned topics. Take time to read our rules first, please.)
Yeah, but how do we do it? Whether it's from photos I took myself and downloaded it to my desktop or photos I uploaded personally to my photobucket account, I can't see how to get the photos from my computer to here.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
In the text box where type your reply, look for the smiley face icon. To the left of it is what looks like a picture icon. Click the picture icon and either link to the image or upload the image. Let me know if it works for you. I have not tried it since we changed to the new software. Thanks.

Mary Cole

In the text box where type your reply, look for the smiley face icon. To the left of it is what looks like a picture icon. Click the picture icon and either link to the image or upload the image. Let me know if it works for you. I have not tried it since we changed to the new software. Thanks.
I tried that multiple times. Nothing. How do you upload here?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Click the picture icon which is between the “link” and “smiley” icon. A box will pop up. Click the box. Find the image on your computer and then click the button. I’m at work and don’t have a lot of time to explain. But I will when I get home.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
When you click that image icon you don’t get a little box that says “drop here” or “click here”?