PHOTO: Traffic Stop Becomes Moment of Prayer for Trooper and Cancer Patient

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I wasn't sure where to put this so I thought perhaps this would be nice to read about in this section of RF. The whole story is so sweet and apparently social media comments were very kind as well:

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...becomes-moment-prayer-trooper-cancer-patient/

A father and a North Carolina state trooper shared a tender moment during a traffic stop in March, and a photo of the scene has touched countless people.

Dr. Ashlye Wilkerson was returning from Duke University hospital where her beloved dad had been undergoing chemotherapy for his stage four colon cancer when she was pulled over for speeding, WTVD reported Tuesday.

Her father, Anthony Geddis, spoke up and said, “This is my baby girl. She’s driving me back home from treatment, I had chemo,” Wilkerson told the outlet.

However, Trooper Jaret Doty explained, “At that time I knew there is no way I’m writing this lady a ticket. I had to sit in there for a while just to compose myself to figure out what to say when I went back.”

In a social media post on May 29, Wilkerson said when the officer returned to their vehicle, he asked if he heard correctly that the man was battling cancer:

Meanwhile, Wilkerson and her father had no idea Doty had ulcerative colitis. He recently underwent surgery to remove his colon and had only been back on the job a few months.

He then asked the pair if he could pray with them, and according to her social media post, Wilkerson said he gave her father a small silver cross........

:pray ing for this lady and for this officer..... :pray

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Thank you for posting this. Made me cry. I needed to see something good today.

:hug You're welcome Andiamo.

God has His people all around and there are good things happening as a result.....it just isn't ther headline news. He's working and faithfully watching over His most loved children. :bighug

That's why I like to post about kind things I see people doing in my neck of the woods to keep things positive. I would love to hear about acts of kindness you see in your neck of the woods. :)

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
:hug You're welcome Andiamo.

God has His people all around and there are good things happening as a result.....it just isn't ther headline news. He's working and faithfully watching over His most loved children. :bighug

That's why I like to post about kind things I see people doing in my neck of the woods to keep things positive. I would love to hear about acts of kindness you see in your neck of the woods. :)
Amen.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
And now to lighten the mood.... a woman from one of my groups was pulled over by a police officer for going too slow on the highway. She told him she was a bit shaky after her latest radiation treatment that morning, and pointed to the hang tag on her rear view mirror for "Radiation parking."

He backed away slowly, looking totally freaked out, and wished her well. :D

Back