Pets in heaven

greg64

Her name is Luna

Oh my goodness -- the puppy we took on last fall is also named Luna! One of the ones we wanted to look at was named Luna but she was already taken. So when we found this one, the name just seemed to fit. And apparently it's appropriate, as she's also quite the lunatic several times a day. We call it senseless running time.

SusanEP

Salluz, my heart goes out to you. I lost my first beloved wife eleven years ago after 41 years, 2 months of marriage. The thought that we would no longer be married in Heaven at first drove me to despair. But then I came to realize that in Heaven we will have an even MORE intimate relationship thanb we had on earth, because we will that most intimate relationship with EVERY single person there. It will be like one gigantic, perfect spiritual marriage in which pure love continually flows between each one of us. There we will recognize the perfection we can only partially and imperfectly catch a slight glimpse of here.

And just over three years ago God gave me another godly woman to walk beside me and love me and be a partner in the ministry He prepared for both of us. So, I am finally able to set aside my earthly, fleshly feelings and realize the truth that THERE we will be nothing but perfectly happy. That's what HE says, and I believe Him. So I cast down reasonings and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of who God is and what He is like and I now bring every thought into obedience to Christ. He grants us that ability when we consciously decide to follow Him and believe Him in everything. Keep walking with Him, my brother, keep seeking to love Him more. He will provide the means and will give you the peace and joy in ALL things that you desire.

I was blessed by reading this.
Susan

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I will say that I do believe God can use animals to be of help and comfort sometimes, although I look to God for my comfort, I believe He will at times utilize things in our physical world to bring that comfort. I remember having a very, very heavy heart with a difficult situation. I was just troubled. I decided to go for a walk in a neighborhood. Suddenly this beautiful white dog came out of no where and just started to walk with me, where ever I went in this neighborhood. Right next to me without veering in any direction.....like a companion. I kept walking hoping an owner would pop up. In the meantime I just felt like God was comforting me and in a tangible way saying, "I'm here, I care". Not that the dog itself was God, but that it was sent by God to just be with me, where I just didn't have anyone at the moment to have with me. I did find the owner by the way who was very puzzled at how his dog got away.

Another time I was in my home, all the family was in bed, but I was still up feeling heavy hearted about another situation and suddenly one of our cats that is absolutely NOT the affectionate type (he just eats, breathes, hisses and growls and if not for my daughter's amazing love for this creature he would have been gone a long time ago!!) suddenly jumped up on the couch and circled behind me, lifted his paws up and just patted me all over on my back! Then he followed me to another part of the house and did the same there. In all the years we've had him he has never done that before.......hissing and growling is his preferred communication method. It was almost as if God was using this critter to literally pat me on the back and let me know it will be ok. I actually perked up laughing at this cat and told God that if this was Him encouraging me that I thanked Him.

This weekend I came across this passage and thought of this thread:

Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord.

Psalm 36:6

Andy C

I think our new member is not a native English speaker and may be using an online translation program. Those programs often mangle translations. o_O

I do not agree with what I think he is saying, although it is a beautiful thought. I think he is saying something along the line of our pets are angels sent to us to live with us.
Thanks, that makes better sense.

Lookingup83

My dearly departed cat Morrow was my best buddy while I was single and I would like to think she will be there. We can't really know for sure, I'm at peace with whatever comes though.

Back