Pestilences

LisaJoe1986

I am stunned at the outbreak of eradicated (or so thought) diseases these days. Just today, I heard ebola has arrived in the U.S. Who would ever have thought in 2019 we would be hearing about typhoid fever in California? Or 100's of thousands contracting measles? TB is making a comeback and mumps outbreaks have happened on several campuses in the U.S. Many vaccinated people are still contracting the diseases. It makes me wonder if God allowed them to go dormant for awhile, so that we would recognize the times when there was an out break again? This is pure speculation, but it sure does make you wonder. And it makes me think there is worse on the horizon. Hope he takes us soon.

In any case, my daughter, husband and sweet little grandson are flying on the 15th and I sure will be covering them in prayer for divine protection.

"There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." Luke 21:11

pes·ti·lence
/ˈpestələns/
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1EJFC_enUS813US813&q=how+to+pronounce+pestilence&pron_lang=en&pron_country=us&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOMIfcRowy3w8sc9YSnjSWtOXmPU5eINKMrPK81LzkwsyczPExLjYglJLcoV4pPi4eIqSC0uycxJzUtOtWJRYkrN41nEKp2RX65Qkq9QANSVD9SWqoBQBACm_KKmXwAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi93Pvm8c3iAhUETKwKHSHvD_8Q3eEDMAB6BAgKEAk
noun
ARCHAIC
plural noun: pestilences
  1. a fatal epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.

Amity

Lisa, praying for safe travels for your loved ones.

I posted the same concern in the Australian flu outbreak thread and even posted the Matthew version of the same verse. We definitely see pestilence spreading of various sorts, the beginning of what could turn into a terrible famine within the following year or so as crops are either failing or cant be planted due to flooding. The love of many waxes cold, the vitriol we see in the world is getting out of hand. It cant be long.

Last edited:

Endangered

Revelation 6 prophesies the breaking of the 7 seals, which unleashes the 4 horsemen on a doomed planet. One of those horses is pale and represents death by famine and sword and wild beasts and plague.
Now I know the Trib has not yet begun but it may be that the groundwork may now be being laid for the 4th horse.
AIDS came upon us a few decades back from monkeys. I never heard of herpes as a wee lad. SARS and hepatitis and HPV and breast cancer gone wild. And many old diseases that are now becoming immune to our anti biotics.
I think God just may be giving a sinful world one last chance to repent by letting us glimpse what is to come.

JSTyler

Revelation 6 prophesies the breaking of the 7 seals, which unleashes the 4 horsemen on a doomed planet. One of those horses is pale and represents death by famine and sword and wild beasts and plague.
Now I know the Trib has not yet begun but it may be that the groundwork may now be being laid for the 4th horse.
AIDS came upon us a few decades back from monkeys. I never heard of herpes as a wee lad. SARS and hepatitis and HPV and breast cancer gone wild. And many old diseases that are now becoming immune to our anti biotics.
I think God just may be giving a sinful world one last chance to repent by letting us glimpse what is to come.
Yepper! The foreshadowing is getting more shadowy by the day.

madcat

Just read last weekend that the emergence of Bubonic Plague is very probable in L.A. due to the infestations of the vermin that carry it, and nothing is being done. And the scary part- so many germs have morphed to the point none of our existing antibiotics can be counted on to contain them.
TB has really never been eradicated in the past 40 yrs. When I did home health in MS. in the late 70’s and early 80’s, it was rampant in specific areas there, and it just keeps being passed on today in those same areas. Lice and Scabies also just common place. But those, too, are now difficult to contain due to resistance (guess the germs are true “progressives”).
I would say the world is “ripe” for some serious outbreaks of deadly diseases. I’ve been seeing in the news of the Ebola out-break in Africa for months now, and WHY is it that nobody bothered to contain it there, and make sure no one got on a plane from those areas? Oh I forgot, the Pope says that would be in-Christian.:apostasy

Andy C

I am stunned at the outbreak of eradicated (or so thought) diseases these days. Just today, I heard ebola has arrived in the U.S. Who would ever have thought in 2019 we would be hearing about typhoid fever in California? Or 100's of thousands contracting measles? TB is making a comeback and mumps outbreaks have happened on several campuses in the U.S. Many vaccinated people are still contracting the diseases. It makes me wonder if God allowed them to go dormant for awhile, so that we would recognize the times when there was an out break again? This is pure speculation, but it sure does make you wonder. And it makes me think there is worse on the horizon. Hope he takes us soon.

In any case, my daughter, husband and sweet little grandson are flying on the 15th and I sure will be covering them in prayer for divine protection.

"There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven." Luke 21:11

pes·ti·lence
/ˈpestələns/
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1EJFC_enUS813US813&q=how+to+pronounce+pestilence&pron_lang=en&pron_country=us&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOMIfcRowy3w8sc9YSnjSWtOXmPU5eINKMrPK81LzkwsyczPExLjYglJLcoV4pPi4eIqSC0uycxJzUtOtWJRYkrN41nEKp2RX65Qkq9QANSVD9SWqoBQBACm_KKmXwAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi93Pvm8c3iAhUETKwKHSHvD_8Q3eEDMAB6BAgKEAk
noun
ARCHAIC
plural noun: pestilences
  1. a fatal epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.

There is no ebola case in the USA and the total confirmed number of measles is less than 1000.

Where did you get your information from?

LisaJoe1986

There is no ebola case in the USA and the total confirmed number of measles is less than 1000.

Where did you get your information from?
UGH...I had a guy tell me this morning that ebola had arrived in US. I saw an article when I checked it out that someone in Dallas had contracted it, but I did NOT look at the article date. My bad! It was from several years ago. I apologize for that and I thank you for noting it.

Here is measles article. I actually saw it originally on this website.
https://nypost.com/2019/05/10/unprecedented-100000-people-hit-by-measles-outbreak-across-europe/

Andy C

UGH...I had a guy tell me this morning that ebola had arrived in US. I saw an article when I checked it out that someone in Dallas had contracted it, but I did NOT look at the article date. My bad! It was from several years ago. I apologize for that and I thank you for noting it.

Here is measles article. I actually saw it originally on this website.
https://nypost.com/2019/05/10/unprecedented-100000-people-hit-by-measles-outbreak-across-europe/
100,000 measle cases is throughout Europe, not the USA.

Your point however is well taken.

Kem

Citizen
Quite likely one will not find articles in main stream news about either Ebola or other horrific diseases coming to this country but do google "garbage piles and disease in San Francisco". You will find plenty of articles but most from alternate news sources as main stream does not want people to know just how awful it is.

Almost Heaven

Alarm as Ebola outbreak reaches 2,000 cases, picks up speed

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — The deadly Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo has surpassed 2,000 cases and is picking up speed.

The number of confirmed cases reached the milestone three times as quickly as it took to reach 1,000, experts said Tues

The 2,000 figure is a “sad and frustrating milestone. The insecurity is holding us back,” World Health Organization spokesman Tarik Jasarevic told reporters in Geneva. Each attack keeps health workers from the crucial work of vaccinating people and tracking thousands of contacts of victims.

Aid groups including the International Rescue Committee and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said a “reset” is needed in the response to one of the world’s most dangerous diseases.

Misunderstandings have been high in a region that had never experienced an Ebola outbreak until now, and years of rebel attacks have left many residents wary of outsiders, especially ones accompanied by Congolese security forces or United Nation peacekeepers.

“This outbreak will only end when communities are engaged and leading the response efforts themselves,” Nicole Fassina, Ebola coordinator with the IFRC, said in a statement. Increasing armed protection for health workers could aggravate the tensions, the statement added.

Because of the mistrust many Ebola cases are not being counted and the number of confirmed cases is likely “an underestimate and not a realistic picture of the number of cases out there,” the IRC said in a separate statement. Many people, frightened, are still dying at home instead of presenting themselves at health centers for treatment.

Amid the challenges, WHO and others have pointed out signs of progress. Notably, more than 129,000 people have received an experimental but effective Ebola vaccine in its first widespread use.

https://apnews.com/a5ae97b2c572459e9f9f24a1e87afcfe

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
In relation to Madcat's post above: Tammy Bruce of the Washington Times wrote -
Democrat rule has brought trash heaps, rats, typhus and more to California cities
” ‘I live in the great state of California, the utopia that is California, which is a nightmare,’ Pinsky said. ‘I want to give you a prediction here. There will be a major infectious disease epidemic this summer in Los Angeles.’ He continued, ‘We have tens and tens of thousands of people living in tents. Horrible conditions. Sanitation. Rats have taken over the city. We’re the only city in the country, Los Angeles, without a rodent control program. We have multiple rodent-borne, flea-borne illnesses, plague, typhus. We’re gonna have louse-borne illness. If measles breaks into that population, we have tuberculosis exploding. Literally, our politicians are like Nero. It’s worse than Nero,’ Pinsky said,” Fox News reported.

http://www.gopusa.com/democrat-rule-has-brought-trash-heaps-rats-typhus-and-more-to-california-cities/

Andy C

In relation to Madcat's post above: Tammy Bruce of the Washington Times wrote -
Democrat rule has brought trash heaps, rats, typhus and more to California cities
” ‘I live in the great state of California, the utopia that is California, which is a nightmare,’ Pinsky said. ‘I want to give you a prediction here. There will be a major infectious disease epidemic this summer in Los Angeles.’ He continued, ‘We have tens and tens of thousands of people living in tents. Horrible conditions. Sanitation. Rats have taken over the city. We’re the only city in the country, Los Angeles, without a rodent control program. We have multiple rodent-borne, flea-borne illnesses, plague, typhus. We’re gonna have louse-borne illness. If measles breaks into that population, we have tuberculosis exploding. Literally, our politicians are like Nero. It’s worse than Nero,’ Pinsky said,” Fox News reported.

http://www.gopusa.com/democrat-rule-has-brought-trash-heaps-rats-typhus-and-more-to-california-cities/
I grew up one county over in Orange County. Today, I would not enter that area without wearing a Bio level 4 suit.

Liberals are in charge of most every major city, and many of them are catching up to LA in terms of homelessness problems, and major disease issues. Yet the media will find a way to blame Trump. Worst of all, the people will continue to vote the same local and statewide politicans back into office.

Im a huge Dodgers fan, but I wouldn’t t even fly over dodger stadium let alone set foot inside.