Perhaps Othodox Need to Be Considered Catholic for Puposes of This Subforum

I guess you quoted me by mistake in post# 31?
No, I was just relating a story to you and anyone else. I did and everyone else did get the clue when she referenced how she felt.

I did also reference words that Christ stated, His idea that someone forgiven little will love little, and am wondering how it can effect ones "feelings" with the Lord.

In other words, just an invitation to conversation. This is likely not the place for me to post. I do appreciate your posts though.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
(my original -responding to Ghoti Ichthus)...Infant or Believers Baptism?

(Which both Rome and E.O. practice but is conspicuously absent in Scripture)
(post#31 responding to my original))...Mine was a direct quote of an Ethiopian man, in scripture.

I know nothing of infant water dunking, you'll have to ask a Catholic. They've talked themselves into thinking it's a thing.
(Heisenough)No, I was just relating a story to you and anyone else. I did and everyone else did get the clue when she referenced how she felt.

I did also reference words that Christ stated, His idea that someone forgiven little will love little, and am wondering how it can effect ones "feelings" with the Lord.

In other words, just an invitation to conversation. This is likely not the place for me to post. I do appreciate your posts though.
From the above, one can see how it could be easily confusing. I had no idea you had made a previous quote of the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts.
I probably should never had responded since you were answering for Ghoti.
Oh well, it's all passed and not worth getting into.:offtopic

Seashell

Interesting. In those days, the children usually only knew their teachers by their last names.
I’m not sure if that‘s not a location thing. i grew up in KS and kids called adults Mr. And Mrs. Last name. I came to MD and and is was always Mr. First name or Miss First name. I’ll never forget the first time somebody asked me to tell my kids to call her Ms. First Name. I felt like I was in the deep south before the American Civil War, I actually felt a little offended, but then I realized it’s just a cultural difference and I live in Southern MD almost in VA.

PhilR

As most of you know, Hank Henegraaf, a Calvinist, drifted into the Orthodox Church thinking and joined their church a few years back. I wonder if he is still the "Bible Answer Man", or is he now the Orthodox doctrines answer man? I used to listen to his Bible Answer Man radio show years ago on a Bott Radio Network station. He was LS reformed all the way, defended MacArthur, Sproul, He was always in some quest for what he called "authentic Christianity". Trouble was he found it in the smoke and ceremonies, pagan, legalistic, Orthodox church. It is sad to see how people can become so mislead into popery and ritualistic churches. I heard he had some sort of cancer, pray he is recovering.

Last edited:

PhilR

Not sure I mentioned this, but as to the topic title above; I might add to those under the "Catholic" umbrella. Along with the "orthodox" churches and the RCC there is a "Protestant" church that is almost identical to the RCC. The Anglican Church, part of the Episcopal church "high church' tradition, follows almost the same doctrines and dogmas as the RCC, like having "mass' or eucharist and encouraging the rosery, having confession to one of their priests or rectors. They are very conservative and where they differ is no pope as supreme authority and rely of their bishops as authorities, their central volume of worship and authority is the "1928 Book of Common Prayer" They are more Bible focused than just tradition and allow a broader lay interpretation of the Bible. But, other than these, if you didn't know the differences you wound think you were in a Roman Catholic church and mass. They also have a whole schedule of "holy days of obligation" throughout the year, and not just during lent.
A well known Anglican church member is the author of Mere Christianily, C.S. Lewis. I am not sure whether he was Anglican or Episcopalian?

Last edited:
Back