Pentagon considers using SpaceX for fleet of militarized Starships

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
SpaceX is already functionally a defense contractor and has launched American military satellites and recently bolstering Ukrainian communication links with Starlink.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: JUNE 21, 2022

The Pentagon is exploring the option of using Elon Musk’s rockets to deploy a “quick reaction force” to thwart a future Benghazi-style attack, according to publicly available documents published by the Pentagon. The US Transportation Command, or USTRANSCOM, are a Pentagon office tasked with transporting cargo to American global military assets, announced that it was partnering with SpaceX to examine the feasibility of quickly blasting supplies into space and back to Earth rather than flying them through the air.

“The goal would be to fly a C-17 [cargo plane] equivalent anywhere on the globe in less than 60 minutes,” according to a presentation by Army Gen. Stephen Lyons. One day SpaceX’s rocket technology could “quickly move critical logistics during time-sensitive contingencies” and “deliver humanitarian assistance,” A USTRANSCOM press release stated. While the Pentagon also hinted at potentially transporting “personnel” through these space launches, the emphasis of the announcement was focused on transporting cargo.

more................ https://www.jpost.com/international/article-709950

Xenosjeff

I want to reconfigure a deflector dish to emit a tachyon beam that peels a space monsters tentacles off my ship just in time to avoid crashing into a black hole. Maybe this is my shot!

Jeff

Footsteps

I want to reconfigure a deflector dish to emit a tachyon beam that peels a space monsters tentacles off my ship just in time to avoid crashing into a black hole. Maybe this is my shot!

Jeff
We need a sentient satellite with a tractor beam that can determine when individual elected officials are steering America toward destruction. These politicians would be lifted a few hundred feet off the ground and gently landed on our southern border to view the error of their ways. If the process needs to be repeated, their soft landings will become gradually heightened drops:
First landing: gentle placement.
Second landing: release from one foot above ground.
Third landing: release from two feet above ground.
-etc.

ChildofLight

We need a sentient satellite with a tractor beam that can determine when individual elected officials are steering America toward destruction. These politicians would be lifted a few hundred feet off the ground and gently landed on our southern border to view the error of their ways. If the process needs to be repeated, their soft landings will become gradually heightened drops:
First landing: gentle placement.
Second landing: release from one foot above ground.
Third landing: release from two feet above ground.
-etc.
Your being too nice to them. Forget feet and go miles above as they are too slow learners.

NewWine2020

SpaceX is already functionally a defense contractor and has launched American military satellites and recently bolstering Ukrainian communication links with Starlink.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: JUNE 21, 2022

The Pentagon is exploring the option of using Elon Musk’s rockets to deploy a “quick reaction force” to thwart a future Benghazi-style attack, according to publicly available documents published by the Pentagon. The US Transportation Command, or USTRANSCOM, are a Pentagon office tasked with transporting cargo to American global military assets, announced that it was partnering with SpaceX to examine the feasibility of quickly blasting supplies into space and back to Earth rather than flying them through the air.

“The goal would be to fly a C-17 [cargo plane] equivalent anywhere on the globe in less than 60 minutes,” according to a presentation by Army Gen. Stephen Lyons. One day SpaceX’s rocket technology could “quickly move critical logistics during time-sensitive contingencies” and “deliver humanitarian assistance,” A USTRANSCOM press release stated. While the Pentagon also hinted at potentially transporting “personnel” through these space launches, the emphasis of the announcement was focused on transporting cargo.

more................ https://www.jpost.com/international/article-709950

"Yes...I would Like to know more." :laugh

(Sorry, starship Troopers reference).

Footsteps

Your being too nice to them. Forget feet and go miles above as they are too slow learners.
I didn’t want to appear that I had failed to recognize their mental limitations. However, I did not list the Fourth Landing, which does not follow the pattern:
Fourth landing: attempt to nail Falcon Booster barge recovery while strapped to a landing leg.