Peace In The Valley

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Peace In The Valley
By Dennis Huebshman

John 14:27; “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”

Philippians 4:6-7; “Do not be anxious about anything; but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (7) And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (ESV – all emphasis mine)

Colossians 3:15; “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since members of one body, you were called to peace. And be thankful.”

Romans 5:1; “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Psalm 29:11; “The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.”

Romans 12:18; “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”

John 16:33; “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 4:81; “In peace I will lie down and sleep; for You alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.”

From the very beginning of our human’s sinful nature (Genesis 3), there has never been true world wide peace. There have been wars and atrocities that are recorded throughout our history. Someone always seems to have hate for another, and sometimes it’s based strictly on appearance, or some form of religious belief.

Some man-generated religions have tried to eliminate any who would not accept their particular creeds, and in some countries, just to not be a member has been cause for martyrdom. Today, in some areas of this world, to receive and accept Jesus as Savior will lead to that believer to be killed. Eventually, this will be worldwide when the one world evil ruler comes to power. That will be a time that will be worse than ever has been.

As a true believer of the Savior, we have the faith that the word of God is absolute truth, and was provided through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2:10; 2 Timothy 3:16; John 14:26; 2 Peter 1:21; John 16:13; and Titus 3:5-6 just to name a few verses to check out.

To those who choose satan over Jesus, all holy word is total foolishness to them as stated in 1 Corinthians 1:18. One characteristic of our Heavenly Father, that I mention often, is He will force no one to receive and accept the free gift that is offered through His Son, Jesus the Christ. He does provide us with everything we need to learn about eternal salvation, but each person must choose to seek it for themselves.

Ours is a God of pure love, and He promises that all who truly have His Son at their Savior will be saved. (Joel 2:32; Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13) God does not waste words, and if something is repeated, it can safely be said it is important to Him.

The hardest part about having Jesus in our hearts is to have faith and believe He paid our sin-debt in full. Our commitment is to admit we’re sinners; believe He is the only way to eternal life; and to call or ask Him to save us. There are no deeds or works of any kind that we can do to earn this.

There are numerous false prophets in pulpits today who are not presenting the true word of God. They give ear-tickling messages with motivational music to keep the members happy and inspired to keep seats and collection baskets full. Sadly, those members do not develop a relationship with the Savior, and they will ultimately end up in eternal punishment. That’s a whole lot longer than the few decades we may be on this earth.

As a true believer, we are at peace with the Lord, even if we are not at peace with this world. Another great Hymn by Thomas Andrew Dorsey (1899-1937) tells us about the “Peace In The Valley” that we long for. As our Jesus said, we will never have real peace on this earth such as the peace He has provided for our eternal souls. Our eternal promise from Him is absolutely real. There are several versions of this Hymn online.

1.) Oh well I’m tired and I’m weary; but I must go along; till the Lord shall come and calls me, calls me away, oh yes. Then the mornin so bright, and the Lamb is the Light, and the night is as black as the sea, Oh yes.

(ref) There will be peace in the valley, for me some day; there will be peace in the valley for me; Oh Lord I pray. There’ll be no sadness, no sorrow, Oh my Lord, no more trouble, trouble I see. There will be peace in the valley for me, some day.

2.) There the Flowers will be blooming, and the grass will be green, and the skies will be clear and serene, oh yes. Well the sun ever beams, in this valley of dreams, and no clouds will ever be seen, oh yes. (ref)

3.) Well the bear will be gentle, and the wolf will be tame; and the lion shall lay down by the lamb, oh yes. Well the beast from the wild, shall be led by a little child, and I’ll be changed from this creature that I am, oh yes. (ref)

Peter tells us about “scoffers” who will be here “in the last days”, and we are seeing the truth in this right now. Peter notes that there are those who do not believe the word, and they say nothing has changed since the beginning, and it will continue as before.

What people are failing to see is what satan is trying to cover up. This world is rapidly getting more evil by the day, and all prophecy about the end of this age is right on time. The world is being “prepped” by those who the evil one controls. They are accusing us of being the haters in contrast to what is actually happening. We hate no one; just their evil ways, which we are not required to accept. In fact, we are thrilled for each and every soul that decides Jesus is their true Messiah, and they end up calling on Him to save them.

Jesus, Peter, Paul, John, James and others gave us a picture of what the end of this age would be like. For the first time ever, all the signs are here at one time. We could be called up to meet the Savior in the air at any moment to fulfill God’s promise to keep all true believers from the wrath. It will happen prior to the evil one making his appearance as given in 2 Thessalonians 2.

Personally, I am longing for the peace my Savior has promised, and absolutely invite everyone to become a part of His flock. No one has sinned so great that they cannot be forgiven. The only unforgivable sin at the present is to not have Jesus as Savior when your last breath is taken on this earth. During the tribulation, taking the mark of the beast is the other unforgivable sin.

It’s totally up to each and every individual to make a choice of eternal life, or eternal punishment. To accept the “peace that passes all understanding”, would be the absolute best option anyone could ever make. Right now would not be too early as we have no knowledge of the exact day or hour that the call will come. God gave us the signs to watch for, and they are here now. Our call could be any second or “twinkling of an eye” now. He’s waiting for all who would call on His Son for Salvation to avoid the worst 7-year period of time this world has ever seen. But He won’t wait much longer.

Shalom! Peace!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/peace-in-the-valley/

Back