PC Hate Crimes and 2nd Ammendment

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council (FRC) in DC posted the following concerning hate crimes and an end run on the 2nd amendment.

A Farewell to Firearms?

September 09, 2019

By Tony Perkins
Let's hope the August recess was a relaxing one, because conservative lawmakers will need every last ounce of energy to fight the onslaught of bad bills waiting for them in the House. With more Americans desperate for answers than ever after a month of horrific mass shootings, Democrats think they have one: gun control. And not just any gun control. This time, the Left's attack on the Second Amendment comes with a helping of politically-correct thought control.
The Disarm Hate Act was California's idea. Two years ago, Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) home state sent a bill to the governor's desk that added personal prejudice to a long list of reasons local residents couldn't buy a gun. "There are too many examples in our country's recent history which show what a firearm can do in the hands of people who practice hate," said an assemblyman at the time. If a person is convicted of a hate crime, the Left argued, they shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.
To a lot of legislators, it sounded like a reasonable idea. But in reality, it was California's clever way of giving the Democrats' dangerous hate crimes agenda a foothold in state gun law. Now, liberals want to take the idea nationwide. And with Judiciary Chairman Jerold Nadler (D-N.Y.) at the helm, they have a good chance at succeeding. Starting Tuesday, the House will try to persuade members to support a bill that would expand the Left's ridiculous hate crimes agenda to firearm owners. It would mean, as one expert put it, that would-be gun owners could lose their Second Amendment rights -- "not for violence, or even the threat of violence, but for a completely non-violent misdemeanor if it's declared a 'hate crime' by authorities."
Like most conservatives, FRC has been fighting this idea of "hate" crimes since it became part of the criminal code 10 years ago. Beyond the fact that the term "hate" is very elastic in the hands of the Left, we've never believed that someone should be punished extra for holding unpopular views, especially on issues like marriage and sexuality. All that's done over the past decade is turn the government into the federal "thought police" and intimidate people with strong personal beliefs. Just because someone is a victim of a politically-motivated wrongdoing doesn't mean they should get special treatment. A crime is a crime, regardless of what motivated it. And yet, if the House and Senate pass this bill under some misguided notion of ending hate, this disaster of a 2009 law will have wormed its way into an explosive section of federal law.
If the Democrats behind this bill were actually concerned about mass shootings, they'd focus on ways to take firearms out of the hands of people convicted of any misdemeanor connected to a violent act -- not just "hate crimes." The fact that House liberals are focusing all of their efforts on a law dealing with sexual orientation and gender identity exposes their true motives -- which is to use the gun issue to force their extreme social ideologies on the country.
Our nation has a serious problem. No one is arguing that. Schools, churches, shopping centers, businesses, and almost every place people gather have become targets for deranged individuals who are set on perpetrating evil and in possession of lethal weapons. "We are now at almost every two weeks, an active shooter in this country," special agent Christopher Combs said during a news conference in Odessa, Texas, the scene of one of the grisly August shootings. As a former police officer and ardent supporter of the Second Amendment, I'm willing to talk about guns and who should own them.
But the missing component to this discussion playing on an endless political loop is the impact of the moral vacuum created by eliminating virtue, faith, and civility from the public square. As I explain in an op-ed for Fox News, new gun laws will never achieve what a commitment to the Golden Rule can. The problem is not the absence of laws; it's the absence of morality. We all want to disarm hate -- but that's impossible without embracing Truth first.

Tony Perkins' Washington Update is written with the aid of FRC senior writers.
https://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WA19I01&f=WU19I01

DanLMP

As I explain in an op-ed for Fox News, new gun laws will never achieve what a commitment to the Golden Rule can. The problem is not the absence of laws; it's the absence of morality. We all want to disarm hate -- but that's impossible without embracing Truth first.
This is so close.

It would have been nice if the author didn't beat around the bush and specifically stated that the problem in America is not the absence of morality but the absence of God.

The US has worked very hard to kick God out of the country. The DNC now openly rejects Him. And no one sees the price that is being paid.

mikhen7

How does this affect Christians? It could target them. Basically, passage of a bill like this could infringe upon our religious freedom. It could tie religious freedom (the right of conscience) to gun ownership. So if I quote the Bible, and someone is offended and I am accused of a PC hate crime, then I could lose my 2nd amendment rights.

This could go in so many directions. It could even legitimize Christian Persecution, by giving the liberals a reason to persecute believers. Imagine this scenario:

A believer (who is a member of a local target shooters club) is out witnessing on the street and is approached by a homosexual. The homosexual asks, "So do you believe that being gay is a sin?" The pastor opens to Romans 1:21-28 and says, "Here is what the Bible says." He then reads the passage. The gay person is offended and because of a law like the above, no longer needs to go through the process of a lawsuit (which takes time), but calls the police. He then accuses you of a hate crime, and you are arrested as a dangerous person. At that point, your home is searched for firearms and if found confiscated. At this point you are put on a dangerous persons terrorist type list.

Right now the NRA is suing the State of California for listing it as a terrorist organization.

twerpv

It’s not the people proposing these laws. It’s the intellectually lazy and morally corrupt populace that has and is allowing it. Those that have no TRUTH in them. Those that seek gratification today of selfish ideals. What they fail to see is that the targets today are conservatives and Christians. They will be the target when they are done with us.

Rose E.

The left must believe our faith in God is connected to our second amendment.
If they take our guns away and we still believe, the next step we just look to North Korea, China and 57 muslim countries for the results
God wins in the end. The road to heaven is hell.

Last edited:

Rocky Rivera

Will another civil war end the United States as we know it? If the Rapture hits before civil war 2.0 happens, then the remaining bastions of conservative resistance will be no match for the liberal juggernaut left behind, who had been restrained by the armed majority that had been taken out of the way.

antitox

I was against the hate crime legislation when it was first mentioned. There is no basis for it other than to ultimately use it to criminalize someone for their speech or beliefs. Many saw it coming. All murder and assault is the same regardless of the intent or reason. They are making hate intentional rather than just an action. I think this has been their plan all along.

Endangered

If I say "Mohammed married a 6 year old girl" I have spoken the truth. I have also spoken hate speech in the minds of prog/libs.
So the truth is hate speech.
I wonder if any of these wackos have thought this through enough to see how this may affect testifying in court? Could I be arrested for speaking the truth on the stand in court cuz the truth was hate speech.
So if I lie on the stand I have committed a crime and if I tell the truth I have committed a different crime.
RFers, times a gittin short.

mikhen7

This is the way the undermine rule of law. It's a circumventing method to use law a different way. You know they had to figure out a way to do it, and they did. It's a fearful prospect. Now they can almost do anything they want with speech.
Yes indeed. Let's pray Trumps Senate will not allow such a law to be passed. However, we know eventually, via elections, things could change rapidly.

depserv

There is no question that so-called hate crime is thoughtcrime. For the time being it's usually thoughtcrime coupled with some kind of active crime, but the essential ingredient that defines it as hate crime is the thought it's based in. This was evident from the beginning, and is why many of us opposed it all along. We knew that once thoughtcrime was introduced into our legal codes, more and more would be built on it.

Tyranny does not always come running at you with an ugly face screaming I am a tyrant! Often it comes in a thousand smiley-faced baby steps, every one of them promising to do something good and nice. This is the way these thoughtcrime laws are slowly but surely turning America into a world beyond anything written about in George Orwell's book 1984.

Just remember how the word hate is defined in The Dictionary of Liberal Doublespeak:
hate: 1, Intense and unapologetic non-acceptance of liberal dogma. 2, The expression of truth that has been forbidden by the high seers of liberalism, America’s official state religion. 3. Opposition to wealth redistribution and social engineering forced on people by government. 4. Belief that the Constitution is and ought to be the law, that it means what its words and authors say it means, and that the law is good and should be preserved. 5. Holding a strong belief that America is a great nation and good place to live, with a right to protect its sovereignty and choose who gets to come in and become a citizen. 6. Believing that the Bible is the word of God, and that word is the basis of any legitimate moral code.

So who is guilty of thoughtcrime? Maybe the ones Obama told us "cling to their guns and Bibles?" And how about those deemed "deplorable" by Hillary Clinton? All you have to do is listen to the smiling liberals on TV and the political class they get elected and you see who the liberal cult is telling us is guilty of dangerous thoughtcrime.

On the form you fill out when you buy a gun from a dealer (4473) it asks if you have ever been "adjudicated as mentally defective OR... been committed to a mental institution." This has worked for a long time. It is already illegal for those determined by a professional to be a danger to society because of mental illness to have a gun. What we are seeing now is an expansion of that out into new and uncharted territory.

The expansion will have vague definitions that are open to interpretation, and it will allow anyone found guilty of thoughtcrime to be disarmed, with what constitutes thoughtcrime left up to some bureaucrat to determine. And we already know how the liberal cult defines thoughtcrime: patriotism, Christianity, non-acceptance of liberal dogma, etc.

This combination of gun control with thoughtcrime laws is the coming thing. The enemy knows he does not have to disarm all Americans; only those who might stand against the tyrant need to be disarmed. So we can forget about so-called assault weapons and all other gun control schemes: if they have the authority to disarm anyone some bureaucrat thinks might be dangerous, they have all the gun control they need.

Last edited:

depserv

What the Zuckerberg thought police do on Fascistbook gives us clues into how this thoughtcrime legislation will be used. They have so-called community standards, that are in place supposedly so everyone can enjoy his Facebook experience and be protected from the horrors of being offended. The standards look good but they are vague and open to interpretation. So somehow patriots and Christians are constantly getting kicked off Facebook, but even the most hard core liberal bigots don't (I know this from experience). And the same scam is used on other internet communities like Twitter, and used in a different way by Google, altogether purging the internet of patriot and Christian thought, to the greatest extent they can while pretending they really aren't doing it.

And the same thing applies to political correctness in schools; who is it that ends up getting kicked out? Who is excommunicated for expressing forbidden thought? Who determines what thought is forbidden, and what are the criteria they use? The answer to these questions makes clear who will be disarmed by the combination of gun control with thoughtcrime laws.

This is how any legislation that mixes gun control with thoughtcrime enforcement will work. The machinery being built around us should be obvious, because we can already see how similar thoughtcrime rules are being used by the same kind of people. When the liberal thought police have real police power they will be doing the same things they do now, but with police power behind them.

Just look at how the deep state was used as a weapon to stage a coup attempt. That attempt failed, and maybe those behind it might even be brought to justice (I know this will happen because Santa and the Easter Bunny both told me it will). But you and I don't have the resources the president has. What they tried to do to him, corrupt bureaucrats throughout all levels of government can and likely will do to patriots and Christians, by the thousands, and eventually by the millions, and they are likely to be successful.

Unless there is a well-organized armed resistance.

Whatever form this concept takes, whether it's called red flag, ERPO, or something else, nothing but evil will come of any thoughtcrime legislation, because the intent has been evil from the start. This combination of gun control with thoughtcrime laws is nothing but another mass of lies used to disarm American patriots and God's people, so the satanic cult called liberalism can rule over the American people with the iron fist of the tyrant.

Last edited:

antitox

Yes, depserv, you got it right. You basically drew the picture on how this is going to bite us big. You would have never thought that in America we would see such a fascist movement. But there were those among us who warned us about it and we didn't listen. It's really sad.

Last edited:

mikhen7

There is no question that so-called hate crime is thoughtcrime. For the time being it's usually thoughtcrime coupled with some kind of active crime, but the essential ingredient that defines it as hate crime is the thought it's based in. This was evident from the beginning, and is why many of us opposed it all along. We knew that once thoughtcrime was introduced into our legal codes, more and more would be built on it.

Tyranny does not always come running at you with an ugly face screaming I am a tyrant! Often it comes in a thousand smiley-faced baby steps, every one of them promising to do something good and nice. This is the way these thoughtcrime laws are slowly but surely turning America into a world beyond anything written about in George Orwell's book 1984.

Just remember how the word hate is defined in The Dictionary of Liberal Doublespeak:
hate: 1, Intense and unapologetic non-acceptance of liberal dogma. 2, The expression of truth that has been forbidden by the high seers of liberalism, America’s official state religion. 3. Opposition to wealth redistribution and social engineering forced on people by government. 4. Belief that the Constitution is and ought to be the law, that it means what its words and authors say it means, and that the law is good and should be preserved. 5. Holding a strong belief that America is a great nation and good place to live, with a right to protect its sovereignty and choose who gets to come in and become a citizen. 6. Believing that the Bible is the word of God, and that word is the basis of any legitimate moral code.

So who is guilty of thoughtcrime? Maybe the ones Obama told us "cling to their guns and Bibles?" And how about those deemed "deplorable" by Hillary Clinton? All you have to do is listen to the smiling liberals on TV and the political class they get elected and you see who the liberal cult is telling us is guilty of dangerous thoughtcrime.

On the form you fill out when you buy a gun from a dealer (4473) it asks if you have ever been "adjudicated as mentally defective OR... been committed to a mental institution." This has worked for a long time. It is already illegal for those determined by a professional to be a danger to society because of mental illness to have a gun. What we are seeing now is an expansion of that out into new and uncharted territory.

The expansion will have vague definitions that are open to interpretation, and it will allow anyone found guilty of thoughtcrime to be disarmed, with what constitutes thoughtcrime left up to some bureaucrat to determine. And we already know how the liberal cult defines thoughtcrime: patriotism, Christianity, non-acceptance of liberal dogma, etc.

This combination of gun control with thoughtcrime laws is the coming thing. The enemy knows he does not have to disarm all Americans; only those who might stand against the tyrant need to be disarmed. So we can forget about so-called assault weapons and all other gun control schemes: if they have the authority to disarm anyone some bureaucrat thinks might be dangerous, they have all the gun control they need.
This is spot on. A very good assessment of the current agenda of the left. Thanks for posting.
I saw this online in reference to a question about the book 1984 and the "thought Police":

The thought police are the secret police of the Party. They are kind of like the SS of Nazi Germany. They look for people who might be thinking thoughts contrary to the Party's interests. They look for facial expressions, off handed remarks, a suggestive eye twitch....A thought crime is simply having a thought that the Party doesn't like. Penalties for thought-crime range from work camps, to torture, to death.

Last edited:

athenasius

The way these "hate crimes" are defined are so loose and broad that they can nail anyone. I agree with the above posts. This is the Thought Police and if they don't like you, there is NO DEFENSE you can use that will work because the definition is so broad.

Right now in Canada the Human Rights Tribunal is prosecuting "hate crimes" and there are abuses galore with this process.

Back in the olden days, there was an archaic concept known as DUE PROCESS, in which the accused was allowed to defend themselves. The crime was clearly defined as was the penalty. NOT NOW!!!!