Pat Robertson Traitor to Faith?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Pat Robertson Traitor to Faith?
By BarbWire

Pat Robertson has been involved in evangelism for at least 58 years.

Robertson claims to be a conservative fundamental Christian, but his recent action brings all of that into question.

The Chancellor and CEO of Regent University and Chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) reacted to the news of Alabama enacting the nation’s strictest anti-abortion bill.

Claiming to be against abortion, Robertson said the Alabama bill ‘goes too far’ and is extreme.

Many Christians who believe that life begins as conception, think the Alabama bill doesn’t go far enough.

AL.com – Pat Robertson, famed televangelist, says ‘extreme’ Alabama abortion law ‘goes too far’ – Televangelist Pat Robertson is criticizing Alabama’s new anti-abortion measure as “extreme.”

Robertson, who has spoken out against abortion in the past, said there is good intent behind the law but it isn’t ideal for challenging Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 case that legalized abortion nationwide.

“I think Alabama has gone too far,” Robertson said during a Wednesday appearance on The 700 Club. It’s an extreme law, and they want to challenge Roe vs. Wade, but my humble view is that this is not the case we want to bring to the Supreme Court because I think this one will lose.

“The Alabama case, God bless them, they’re trying to do something, but I don’t think that’s the case that I’d want to bring to the Supreme Court,” he added…

How can any law that protects more of the defenseless unborn go too far?

If Robertson is looking at the bill from a purely legal point of view, then he chose a very poor way of expressing himself.

If he was looking at the bill from a conservative Christian point of view, then saying the bill goes too far is a betrayal of his conservative Christian faith.

One has to wonder if Robertson’s age (89) is beginning to have an effect on his mental abilities???

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/pat-robertson-traitor-to-faith/

DanLMP

To start, I am not a Pat Robertson fan nor a detractor.

I don't think Pat's views have changed nor do I think he is bowing to the pro-choice left.
I think he is just stating an opinion that he would like to get Roe v Wade cancelled just as much as the rest of us but he wants it to be done with a judicial case that has a strong chance of winning.
He is merely stating his opinion that the new Alabama law may not be the case to do that.

I think the "too far" is not a reference to the strength of the Alabama law but a reference to how it will play in the Supreme Court.

Side note: The Alabama law doesn't allow abortions even in the case of rape or incest.

It needs to be understood that the framers of the law are trying to get the Supremes to define what a "person" is. With that goal in mind they could not allow a rape and incest clause to exist because the baby in that case would also be defined as a person.

When Roe v Wade was passed it was based on protections of the First Amendment. A woman's right to privacy and other claims (don't quote me on that).

If the court clearly defines when a person is a person then the thinking is that protections can then be created for the baby in the womb because of it's inherent Constitutional rights (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness).

Leaving rape and incest babies out of that definition weakens their case.

Last edited:

madcat

Sometimes I listen to his show while I am doing something else, just to hear a specific topic that is promoted in the show’s opening. But Pat’s viewpoints have become more and more “radical” in the past few years. He is EXTREMELY critical of pre-trib advocates, calling it “total rubbish and false teaching” just last week. I heard him say the abortion bill was “going too far”, and about dropped my teeth when I heard him say that.
He has many “questionable” people on his show, like Joel Osteen and others who are false teachers. But my biggest issue with him is when they have their “prayer time “ for prayers requests and give their “words of knowledge from God” about each one. Call me crazy, but somehow I don’t think God schedules His day to be available for the exact 1-2 minutes allotted to this segment, and cut it off when it’s time for a commercial break.
And don’t get me started on the frequent beg-a-thons.

Goodboy

Life absolutely begins at conception!
There is no difference between an unborn child and a child that is born, other than their location. If you stick with this understanding, it is easy to see when abortion is acceptable which is never!

Under what circumstances is it ok to kill a child after it is born? Never right! Well as there is no difference between an unborn child and a child that is born, then the same rules apply. It's not that complicated.

Goodboy

Abortion
Some common statements regarding abortion that are incorrect.

1. In the USA, the constitution guarantees a woman a right to have an abortion.
Abortionists (not Pro-Choice) claim that the fourth amendment protects a so called “woman’s right to choose”, but this amendment simply protects us from unreasonable search and seizure.

It is also interesting that when the debate about abortion first started there were two groups, “Abortionists” and “Pro-Life”. Well I guess the abortionist did not like the fact that their name described what they believed in, so they changed it to something more positive, “Pro-Choice”.

This became a problem for the media. When reporting they sometimes got confused as to when to say “Pro-Life” and “Pro-Choice”. So they decided to call the “Pro-Life” group “Anti-Abortionists”. Over time the “Pro-Life group was forced to re-name themselves as “Right-to-Life”, since the media would no longer call them their original name of choice “Pro-Life”.

2. Now that the Federal government has legalized abortion we have more freedom.
First of all, the Federal government Did Not legalize abortion, it was never illegal on the Federal level in the first place. What they did is to force All states to allow for abortion. This is not more freedom, it is less. Before the Federal government got involved each state could decide for themselves if abortion should be legal or illegal. This meant, we as a citizen had a choice to live in a state that matched our beliefs about abortion. Now, you Do Not have a choice to live in a state where abortion is illegal. I believe that’s less freedom and is not what the founding fathers of this country intended.

3. No one knows when life begins.
This ONLY became a way of thinking since the abortion debate. I am 65, and when I was in grade school I was taught in school, that life began at conception.

4. Since we don’t know when life begins, we should have the right to kill an unborn child.
This is some very strange logic. If you saw someone unconscious on the side of the road, would you bury them because you didn’t know if they were alive or not?

5. An unborn child is simply a part of a woman’s body.
If this were true, the male species would no longer be needed.

6. A woman has the right to do as she pleases with her own body.
This is not true. Prostitution is illegal, nudity is illegal, suicide is illegal and self-mutilation is illegal.

7. We cannot legislate morality.
Same answer as above.

8. By calling an unborn child an embryo or fetus it is no longer considered a baby.
What you call something does not change what it is. There was a case in New York where a drunk driver killed a pregnant woman and the man was charged with TWO counts of manslaughter.

If it’s only a fetus or embryo, then why are the same people who so easily have an abortion and later plan to have a child, so upset when they have a miscarriage or stillborn baby. These same people say “I lost my baby” or “My baby died”. I have never heard anyone state “Oh well, it was only a fetus anyway”.

billy swinea

Life absolutely begins at conception!
There is no difference between an unborn child and a child that is born, other than their location. If you stick with this understanding, it is easy to see when abortion is acceptable which is never!

Under what circumstances is it ok to kill a child after it is born? Never right! Well as there is no difference between an unborn child and a child that is born, then the same rules apply. It's not that complicated.
GOODBOY YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I THINK YOU ARE A REAL SMART MAN! I AM GLAD YOU ARE ON THE SIDE OF ALMIGHTY GOD!

JSTyler

There is a very real fear growing in right leaning circles relating to the new anti-abortion laws. It's centered on whether the extreme view of no abortions ever will hurt the Repubs/conservatives/right-leaners chances for reelection.

Since when do people that hold to GOD'S standards acquiesce to fear? GOD'S word is very clear about the unborn and there's no such thing as an extreme position when it comes to upholding HIS clear commands.

Anti abortion in all cases at any cost. We know who is the final judge and we need to fear HIM alone. Hebrews 10:31