Pastor Tim Henderson

Neonap

same here. his friendship with Date Setter Barry Scarbrough is also a problem. Barry has set various dates for the Rapture in 2018.
Yeah.. That's a problem, I hope someone can point that out to Tim Henderson, so he can either try to correct Barry and have people pray for him or cease to listen to Barry. Date setters not only make us look like crazies when they pass and go, but gives more reason for the Scoffers to laugh at those who are watching and waiting for the Lord's return.

billiefan2000

Yeah.. That's a problem, I hope someone can point that out to Tim Henderson, so he can either try to correct Barry and have people pray for him or cease to listen to Barry. Date setters not only make us look like crazies when they pass and go, but gives more reason for the Scoffers to laugh at those who are watching and waiting for the Lord's return.
Date Setters aka High Rapture Watch Timers (as DS folks call themselves nowadays)

have created scoffing and mocking

& what really makes me so infuriated is...

the same HRWT aka DS types will scream about scoffing and mocking from others, yet are too prideful or are trying to deflect

the mocking and scoffing that repeated date setting creates.

Kem

Citizen
Setting a date is a definite problem but for someone to suggest that a particular time might be a high rapture watch date does not bother me all that much. Watching and maybe today is the day is not at all the same as simply stating that a particular date will indeed BE THE DAY.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Setting a date is a definite problem but for someone to suggest that a particular time might be a high rapture watch date does not bother me all that much. Watching and maybe today is the day is not at all the same as simply stating that a particular date will indeed BE THE DAY.
In a general sense that is true, but when you start using vague symbols from dreams and try to somehow associate it with the rapture , that becomes a problem i think.

A lot of those teachers have good intentions, i just don't think they are properly aware of the effect this has on vulnerable believers.

Kem

Citizen
but when you start using vague symbols from dreams and try to somehow associate it with the rapture , that becomes a problem i think.
Absolutely it does! Completely agree with you. I had deviated a bit from the OP and my comment had nothing to do with any particular teacher but simply that a particular date might bare watching was a different thing from definite date setting. I put no credence in dreams at all.

Mikedexion

Pastor Tim preaches Grace through faith, repentance and confession when we stumble, and current events. He's ok in my book.