Pastor Greg Locke and Global Vision Bible Church - Tennessee

I would like some information on Pastor Locke and his ministry. Is he a sound Christian Pastor and is his theology Biblically sound ? If anyone has heard of him or his church/ministry can you please let us/me know. Thank you so much !

TimeWarpWife

So this "Pastor" Locke claims that he was casting a demon out of a woman who attends his church and the demon gave him the names of six "witches" in his church. Personally, I believe that's a big red flag that this guy is not biblically sound and certainly is not someone whose sermons I'd listen to. It also doesn't look "kosher" that he and his wife separated in January 2018, the divorce was finalized in May 2018, and then he marries his administrative assistant in August of 2018.

Last edited:

NewWine2020

My wife and I discovered his Global Vision Bible Church on line during Covid and we really like him with some reservations. He can be a little off-putting and social media absolutely despises him because he does not play "diplomat" very well and speaks out against politicians (on both sides now) and fellow (crooked) pastors and religious leaders alike with no holds barred.

He would have had his head chopped off already had he lived in John the Baptists era and when the govt gets truly repressive he is going to be taken out very quickly by agents of the state because he will not allow his church to be closed. (Think of the Polish Pastor in Canada who got famous for yelling "NAZI'S OUT NOW!" at the Canadian Govt agents backed by cops during Covid).

His messages seem to me to be scripturally sound and he teaches directly form the Bible. He does seem to be more filled with anger than would be fitting for a man of God but at the same time, I'm so used to "milque-toast" Preachers and pastors that sound like "Mr Rogers" and strive never to hurt anyone's feelings that his firebrand style really speaks to me in a way that others do not.

The deal with his romantic life does seemed a bit sketchy and messed up and it's hard to believe that so many actual aggressive witches live in the small town of Mt Joliet, TN but what do I know. He really has dove all in to this "deliverance ministry" but this is something that occurs in an untelevised evening service.

Gather the facts, maybe give Global Vision a watch and let the Holy Spirit help you practice discernment.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Talking about demons naming witches... Trust me if there are real witches there you will know them by their fruit. You don't need some mystical demonic encounter to figure it out. Deliverance ministries are a big red flag IMO. There are many other pastors to listen to that may be better worth the time spent.

I would like some information on Pastor Locke and his ministry. Is he a sound Christian Pastor and is his theology Biblically sound ? If anyone has heard of him or his church/ministry can you please let us/me know. Thank you so much !
He came to our church once. Before his divorce and troubles. He was humble. I loved his preaching. He isn’t afraid to tell it like it is. I loved how he calls out people/politicians and is not afraid to do so. He was dead set against and fought abortion. Standing and preaching outside of clinics But lately, I feel he’s gotten weird and might be heading down a wrong road. Do it believe he’s saved, I do. Do I think he’s getting a little nutso with power. Yes. He did marry his secretary/assistant pretty quickly after his divorce. That was shady. And he said some awful things to his then wife. But there are two sides to a story and then the truth.
I like him but I’m getting wary. His ministry is growing very quickly with his new wife beside him and helping, she is very involved. But he is on fire. And speaks his mind and is pretty accurate with scripture. But this new possession/demon come out stuff is odd. I do believe we are fighting the spiritual realm but he better be careful. He is only human and can fall hard.
I think of how much Jim Jones was or seemed to be right on at first . Probably a bad comparison .

GotGrace

He came to our church once. Before his divorce and troubles. He was humble. I loved his preaching. He isn’t afraid to tell it like it is. I loved how he calls out people/politicians and is not afraid to do so. He was dead set against and fought abortion. Standing and preaching outside of clinics But lately, I feel he’s gotten weird and might be heading down a wrong road. Do it believe he’s saved, I do. Do I think he’s getting a little nutso with power. Yes. He did marry his secretary/assistant pretty quickly after his divorce. That was shady. And he said some awful things to his then wife. But there are two sides to a story and then the truth.
I like him but I’m getting wary. His ministry is growing very quickly with his new wife beside him and helping, she is very involved. But he is on fire. And speaks his mind and is pretty accurate with scripture. But this new possession/demon come out stuff is odd. I do believe we are fighting the spiritual realm but he better be careful. He is only human and can fall hard.
I think of how much Jim Jones was or seemed to be right on at first . Probably a bad comparison .
The Word tells us to be careful and not be deceived. I can’t help but wonder if the witches he is naming are women that have questioned some of his ways and he resents that. I would keep my antennas up high because some of this doesn’t sound right. Usually a divorced pastor steps down from ministry for awhile, and many times the church has them fulfill other roles in the church in the church but never Pastor again. The world has tried to desensitize us to things that are not right so that we will not blink at a little bit of sin.