Pastor and Mental Health Advocate Jarrid Wilson Dies by Suicide

InsuranceGuy

Mental health issues are so unfortunate. I've read where nearly half of America is on some sort of anxiety or depression medication. I've often wondered if all of our technology "advances" doesn't make it worse. I will say, avoiding all social media has made me feel more at peace with life. I pray his family is doing ok through all this. Such a sad loss.

kathymendel

Between all the prescribed drugs given for depression and anxiety, and the frenzy of being addicted to the social media of the day, I can sure see why there is so much suicide going on. And, so much confusion of the mind, which keeps people in bondage. No wonder they are willing to grasp at any straws available to them. And, satan is having a field day with all of it. No one is immune unless they are firmly grounded in their faith in Jesus................ one little slip and we can open ourselves up to disaster. Save calling out to our Lord, of course, who is always there to help us and strengthen us if we will humble ourselves.

SerenityRiver

So sad i lost a family member through suicide and i struggle with my own mental health there has been times were i feel suicidal the help isnt always there or isnt helpful at all there have been times when i called the crisis team and they have told me to have a bath or drink tea or sleep how can you sleep or have a cup of tea when you feel so upset when you feel your a burden on everyone it makes the crisis worse

Accepted

Jarrid Wilson was on staff at Greg Laurie’s Harvest church in Riverside, CA, as many of you know. Greg was mentored by Calvary Chapel’s Chuck Smith. This is extremely sad. I do appreciate Greg’s response, though, in which he basically said that the Atonement of Christ on the cross is far more powerful than a believer’s moment of hopelessness. I think that’s true.

ItIsFinished!

Jarrid Wilson was on staff at Greg Laurie’s Harvest church in Riverside, CA, as many of you know. Greg was mentored by Calvary Chapel’s Chuck Smith. This is extremely sad. I do appreciate Greg’s response, though, in which he basically said that the Atonement of Christ on the cross is far more powerful than a believer’s moment of hopelessness. I think that’s true.
Absolutely.
Jesus Christ redemptive work on the Cross rises above all and any hopelessness.
I also want to state that I believe you can be a redeemed child of God and still commit suicide.
It is quite tragic.
I had a friend just recently commit suicide and another died from a heroin overdose.
This world is wicked.
And it is only waxing worse.
As brothers and sisters in Christ we need to lift one another up.
We need to share the love of Christ to a lost and dying world.
This article breaks my heart.
Let us pray for his family members.

GotGrace

There is also a thread on this in the prayer section so we can continue to pray for Pastor Wilson's family, his colleagues, and his parishioners.
His family is in pain as well as his parishioners are in pain and asking why. Someone explained to me one time that a suicidal person is basically in a black hole and cannot see any way out. They commit a permanent action
to a temporary situation.

ItIsFinished!

I'm still perturbed by this tragic news.
This hopefully (at the least) will bring awareness to the severity of hopelessness and mental illness.
We our the body of Christ.
If one member of the body is hurting it affects the whole body to some degree.
The level of despair and depravity is at a level of epic proportions is these perlious times we live in.
It requires judgment.
And judgment is coming.
I believe the main portion (if you will) of that judgment will be the removal of the Church .
And we are on the cusp.
We as brothers and sisters in Christ need to love one another , pray for one another, encourage one another.
We need to be anchored in The Word.
Unfortunately we will here more stories like this.
So many others are affected by ones choice to commit suicide.
We need to pray for them and offer them the hope that can only be found in Jesus Christ.
Some can say where was his hope?
He professed Christ as his Saviour and yet he committed suicide.
His salvation is between him and the Lord.
All I know is we must keep our eyes upon Jesus.
We must die daily.
We must not give place to the devil.
Outside of Jesus Christ there is no hope.
In Christ we are victorious.
Let us live that way and let our light shine before a lost and dying world.

Peace in Christ.

Lynn

I'm still perturbed by this tragic news.
This hopefully (at the least) will bring awareness to the severity of hopelessness and mental illness.
We our the body of Christ.
If one member of the body is hurting it affects the whole body to some degree.
The level of despair and depravity is at a level of epic proportions is these perlious times we live in.
It requires judgment.
And judgment is coming.
I believe the main portion (if you will) of that judgment will be the removal of the Church .
And we are on the cusp.
We as brothers and sisters in Christ need to love one another , pray for one another, encourage one another.
We need to be anchored in The Word.
Unfortunately we will here more stories like this.
So many others are affected by ones choice to commit suicide.
We need to pray for them and offer them the hope that can only be found in Jesus Christ.
Some can say where was his hope?
He professed Christ as his Saviour and yet he committed suicide.
His salvation is between him and the Lord.
All I know is we must keep our eyes upon Jesus.
We must die daily.
We must not give place to the devil.
Outside of Jesus Christ there is no hope.
In Christ we are victorious.
Let us live that way and let our light shine before a lost and dying world.

Peace in Christ.
Excellent perspective on this terrible tragedy. Thanks for your comments.

SerenityRiver

SerenityRiver when you feel like that have you thought about taking exercise or doing a hobby this is mainly to occupy your mind and to relax you so your in a better frame of mind.
I do alot of walking on my treadmil as well as walking with my husband and friends throught some of the gardens here in edinburgh because we are in scotland it normally cold and damp but we have been havng sun of late but at the moment am on medication that makes me burn in the sun so i have to wear clothes that will cover me ....i dont have many hobbies but i am normally pit the house and with friends most days in a mental health drop in that normally open 5 days a week my mental health is depression and a personality Disorder that is called Borderline Personality Disorder and on top of that i see and hear demons and shadows i am saved yet i havent been baptised yet my husband wants me to wait a year before i get the bapistum done i want to get it done asap As i feel like am open to attack from the demons and shadows apart from using the pc there are no hobblies the anniverty of my dad death is tomorrow every year its came i have tied to end my life or i self harm am not going to do that this year i'll be with my friends on Tuesday all day my husband told try not to do anything to myself tomorrow i miss my dad :(

Sowen

Someone explained to me one time that a suicidal person is basically in a black hole and cannot see any way out. They commit a permanent action
to a temporary situation.
It's more like being blindfolded and gagged in a cocoon that's in a sarcophagus that's sealed with pitch and buried in the deepest hole ever, and the only thing with you in the darkness (which is suffocating and so heavy it's almost palpable) is an abject feeling of worthlessness/emptiness/sadness/no point in anything, etc. It's not an emotional feeling; it's deeper than that, it's a state of being.

Sometimes, you're aware it's irrational, which makes it worse as you try to shake it. Sure, you can still smile and laugh, but those are fleeting emotions that can't overcome the darkness that never leaves which is why many take their lives to end the torment. It's why suicide can be such a shock to those who know the deceased. On the outside, the person is smiling, laughing, and seems fine - just like this pastor hours before he died.

Sowen

I do alot of walking on my treadmil as well as walking with my husband and friends throught some of the gardens here in edinburgh because we are in scotland it normally cold and damp but we have been havng sun of late but at the moment am on medication that makes me burn in the sun so i have to wear clothes that will cover me ....i dont have many hobbies but i am normally pit the house and with friends most days in a mental health drop in that normally open 5 days a week my mental health is depression and a personality Disorder that is called Borderline Personality Disorder and on top of that i see and hear demons and shadows i am saved yet i havent been baptised yet my husband wants me to wait a year before i get the bapistum done i want to get it done asap As i feel like am open to attack from the demons and shadows apart from using the pc there are no hobblies the anniverty of my dad death is tomorrow every year its came i have tied to end my life or i self harm am not going to do that this year i'll be with my friends on Tuesday all day my husband told try not to do anything to myself tomorrow i miss my dad :(
Praying for you, sister. :hug

ItIsFinished!

It's more like being blindfolded and gagged in a cocoon that's in a sarcophagus that's sealed with pitch and buried in the deepest hole ever, and the only thing with you in the darkness (which is suffocating and so heavy it's almost palpable) is an abject feeling of worthlessness/emptiness/sadness/no point in anything, etc. It's not an emotional feeling; it's deeper than that, it's a state of being.

Sometimes, you're aware it's irrational, which makes it worse as you try to shake it. Sure, you can still smile and laugh, but those are fleeting emotions that can't overcome the darkness that never leaves which is why many take their lives to end the torment. It's why suicide can be such a shock to those who know the deceased. On the outside, the person is smiling, laughing, and seems fine - just like this pastor hours before he died.
Oh my.
Gettin' deep friend.
But I hear ya.
My friend that committed suicide recently showed absolutely no signs of anything wrong.
Quite the opposite.
Very bizarre to say the least.
Now there is a wife without a husband and two children without a father.
That reality has a major impact on me.

GoldenEagle

Brilliantly worded description of what that place feels like.