1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paris conference to ask Israel and PA to commit to two states

Discussion in 'Israel & Middle East News' started by Chris, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Paris conference to ask Israel and PA to commit to two states
    Countries that attend Paris peace conference to call on Netanyahu and Abbas to publicly renew their commitment to the two-state solution.
    Elad Benari, 10/01/17 06:07
    Abbas and Netanyahu (archive)

The countries that will attend the Middle East peace conference in Paris on Sunday are expected to call on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas to publicly renew their commitment to the two-state solution, and to renounce officials in their respective governments who oppose it, Haaretz reported on Monday. The clause is contained in an updated draft of the conference’s summary statement, a copy of which was obtained by the newspaper.

The Paris conference, scheduled for January 15, is part of France’s initiative to relaunch the Israel-PA peace talks which have been stalled since 2014. Israel opposes the French initiative, explaining that the only way to reach a peace agreement is through direct talks with the PA – which the PA refuses.

Netanyahu recently told French President Francois Hollande that he would not meet Abbas as part of the French-led peace conference, but made very clear he was willing to meet Abbas "directly, without preconditions". Despite Netanyahu’s rejection of the conference, France has chosen to move ahead with it.

Western diplomats involved in preparations for the conference noted that the clause cited by Haaretz refers both to declarations that have been made by Israeli ministers like Jewish Home chairman Naftali Bennett, who called to remove the two-state solution from the agenda, and to senior PA and Fatah officials who have incited to violence against Israel.

more.............http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/223047

Hol likes this.
  2. duckdogger

duckdogger Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Maybe we should ask the Zebras how they like sharing their homeland with the Lion. As far as I can tell, the Lion has not taken the Zebra off his menu.

DanLMP, Nomad, ShilohRose and 3 others like this.
  3. Hol

Hol Worships Him Staff Member

Complex issue, and I'm sure we can all trust the French officials to grasp the importance (sarcasm emoji). Did they ever officially apologize for their compromise with Hitler to willfully collaborate in capturing and sending their Jewish citizens to death camps? I mean an apology that passed the smell test?

greg64, Nomad and ShilohRose like this.
  4. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with asking as long as yes and no answers are respected.

Hol likes this.
  5. OnlyHim

OnlyHim Well-Known Member

I just find it interesting that all the Arab countries are asking Israel...the country with the smallest land mass in all the Mideast... to give up their land to make room for the Pali's. Have you seen the size of Saudi Arabia? or Egypt or Iran and Turkey for that matter? Why now carve out a little piece and give it to the Pali's and be done with it. They cant because this is a spiritual battle and not from this world. And if its a spiritual battle you MUST see what the bible says about the land.

Romans10:9, greg64 and Hol like this.
  6. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

I know my thoughts exactly, anyone normal would do that.