OVERCOMER: The Movie

Love His Appearing

The acting was bad. The plot was predictable. The message was AMAZING AND AWESOME AND PHENOMENAL! Highly recommend.

So many of my friends had recommended it, that we took our family to see it yesterday afternoon. I really can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Especially seeing it with my boys, 15 and 18. They normally get restless in any movies that aren't action packed and it was admittedly slow at times, and yet they were totally into it and its has even come up in conversation since then. . It's like the dialogue was taken straight outta my head on things I have been trying to teach my kids about their identity these past few weeks.

In another thread this week, I posted a quote from Focus on the Family, "When the internal and the external voices whisper the lies: You are not enough, You are insignificant, You don't measure up, we want our children to know that the only One who gets to define them is the One who created them and calls them Beloved."

It whole movie was THAT quote, plus the lyrics to the Caleb and Kelsey MashUp featuring Mass Anthem "You Say/Who You Say I Am". (Search the bolded part if you want to hear it. Its super powerful. The songs just fit so beautifully together and these guys have AMAZING voices.

Caleb and Kelsey You Say / Who You Say I Am https://www.***********/watch?v=7Cn3VZel-u8 (or copy and paste the link)

You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong,
oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe
oh I believe
What You say of me
Oh I believe
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am,
because I need to know (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don't belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe
oh I believe
What You say of me
Oh I believe
I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me Not against me
I am who You say I am
I am chosen Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me Not against me
I am who You say I am
Who the Son sets free
Oh is free indeed
I'm a child of God
Yes I am
In my Father's house
There's a place for me
I'm a child of God
Yes I am
I'm a child of God
Yes I am

I think I may've said this in another thread as well (forgive me if this a repeat), but if I could only teach my kids one thing in this life, it would be to put their Hope and their identity in the Lord. If they could only understand one thing, I would want them to truly embrace just how much HE loves them.

See the movie, then pop on and tell me whaat you think. Who are YOU?