Over 200 Headless Goat Bodies Found Floating in Georgia River

LibertyBelle

Cracked.
This news channel says it's for something called 'santeria':
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...vestigation-finds/NEDWIMYQVFA7JDD5M5O7ILY34Y/

google:
Santeria (Way of the Saints) is an Afro-Caribbean religion based on Yoruba beliefs and traditions, with some Roman Catholic elements added. The religion is also known as La Regla Lucumi and the Rule of Osha. Santeria is a syncretic religion that grew out of the slave trade in Cuba. [emphasis theirs]

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
This news channel says it's for something called 'santeria':
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...vestigation-finds/NEDWIMYQVFA7JDD5M5O7ILY34Y/

google:
Santeria (Way of the Saints) is an Afro-Caribbean religion based on Yoruba beliefs and traditions, with some Roman Catholic elements added. The religion is also known as La Regla Lucumi and the Rule of Osha. Santeria is a syncretic religion that grew out of the slave trade in Cuba. [emphasis theirs]
If that is true, then here is your Catholic connection. Santeria is not Catholic but it was developed by the slaves that were brought over to the new world by the Spaniards who forced them to convert, but instead of converting, they just covered their spiritual practices with catholic idols of their saints, that's where the term Santeria comes from, the worship/devotion to the saints.

LibertyBelle

Cracked.
If that is true, then here is your Catholic connection. Santeria is not Catholic but it was developed by the slaves that were brought over to the new world by the Spaniards who forced them to convert, but instead of converting, they just covered their spiritual practices with catholic idols of their saints, that's where the term Santeria comes from, the worship/devotion to the saints.

The stuff I saw photos of when I googled that, looked like voodoo mess. And that's not too far removed from catholicism, imo.

catholicism is the greatest bastardisation of Christ's work on the cross that this world has ever known.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
For all of Catholicism's faults, likening them to the voodoo mess may not be fair or accurate.
No, but Santeria did come out of a blending of pagan religion with Roman Catholicism as a result of the Yoruba slaves being forbidden to practice their African religion in the New World. Thus they just gave their orishas or gods the names of Catholic saints and kept on worshiping them. For example St Mark and St Anthony of Padua represent Eleggua, the orisha who is a keeper of mysteries and secrets; St Francis of Assisi represents Orula, the orisha of wisdom, divination, and destiny; and Our Lady Of Carmel is the orisha who rules the dead. And on and on. There are hundreds of orishas, just as there are hundreds of saints. And the truth of the matter is that if the RCC didn't venerate saints this could never have happened.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
No, but Santeria did come out of a blending of pagan religion with Roman Catholicism as a result of the Yoruba slaves being forbidden to practice their African religion in the New World. Thus they just gave their orishas or gods the names of Catholic saints and kept on worshiping them. For example St Mark and St Anthony of Padua represent Eleggua, the orisha who is a keeper of mysteries and secrets; St Francis of Assisi represents Orula, the orisha of wisdom, divination, and destiny; and Our Lady Of Carmel is the orisha who rules the dead. And on and on. There are hundreds of orishas, just as there are hundreds of saints. And the truth of the matter is that if the RCC didn't venerate saints this could never have happened.
:nod
Seems to me that there is something in the Bible about "a little leaven."

LibertyBelle

Cracked.
For all of Catholicism's faults, likening them to the voodoo mess may not be fair or accurate.

I think it is, and I'll defend my position. (the hostile tone that could be read there is not really there)

To be clear - my issue is with the ISM, not the ICS.

I know there are a lot of well-meaning people caught up in catholicism. But the issue is it's Jesus + instead of Jesus. .

For someone who's never been catholic, I reeeeeeeeally can go to town on this issue. It makes me mad. I'm stunned that catholicism has even been a thing for as long as it has.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Poor goats…that is so horrendous! It must be satanic. From nearly the very beginning of time, sinless creatures have suffered so very much at the hands of mankind, and on behalf of mankind. It breaks my heart…:frown

I yearn for the day when all that innocent bloodshed will be NO more…:inlove

God slaughtered an animal(s) for Adam and Eve's sin and made them clothing from the skins (Genesis 3:21)

The Hebrews were commanded to sacrifice animals to God (of the Bible). Doves, rams, heifers, bulls, goats, lambs etc., etc., etc.

Noah sacrificed one of every clean animal to God (of the Bible) after the flood (Genesis 8:20) That's a lot of animals.

Animal sacrifice need not cause suffering. Whoever's doing it needs a sharp implement, must be quick, and must know what he's doing to prevent suffering.

Burnt offerings - giant BBQ :biggrin

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
God slaughtered an animal(s) for Adam and Eve's sin and made them clothing from the skins (Genesis 3:21)

The Hebrews were commanded to sacrifice animals to God (of the Bible). Doves, rams, heifers, bulls, goats, lambs etc., etc., etc.

Noah sacrificed one of every clean animal to God (of the Bible) after the flood (Genesis 8:20) That's a lot of animals.

Animal sacrifice need not cause suffering. Whoever's doing it needs a sharp implement, must be quick, and must know what he's doing to prevent suffering.

Burnt offerings - giant BBQ :biggrin
It still hurts my heart that all those creatures had to lose their lives because of the sins of mankind. I realize that it doesn’t bother most people. They don’t give it a second thought. And some ridicule my sensitivity. But I can’t help how I feel about it. I’m just glad to know that it will end one day, and animals will again be able to live peacefully alongside us. As was God’s original plan…

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
BTW, if y'all haven't seen the 'What What goat' yet, go over to that video place and search for what what goat. It's easy to find, look for the little brown faced goat with a white body. Cutest goat ever and almost made me rethink getting new dogs in our future.
Hey I adore goats and could use some cheering up....and This goat did it for me! going to watch 20 times today. Thanks!

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
It still hurts my heart that all those creatures had to lose their lives because of the sins of mankind. I realize that it doesn’t bother most people. They don’t give it a second thought. And some ridicule my sensitivity. But I can’t help how I feel about it. I’m just glad to know that it will end one day, and animals will again be able to live peacefully alongside us. As was God’s original plan…
It is obvious in Gods word that He is NOT OK with animal cruelty. Many examples but a few off the top of my head: the instructions for humane slaughter, don't muzzle the ox that treats the corn, and the donkey that said "why are you beating me?"

Nemophilist

There's plenty of good folks in Georgia including Brothers and Sisters in Christ. If only valid ballots had been counted, and each one only once, I believe diben would have lost the state by a good margin.
Yes, please don't lump all of us with them. I live in Ga., voted for Trump and don't even know anyone who voted for Biden. The election was a complete and total fraud imo. Also, in my opinion the reason Biden didn't even really campaign much was because he knew the cheating and fraud would put him in the White House.

endofdays

Goat rape The devil went down to Georgia, he was lookin' for a soul to steal
He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind
And he was willin' to make a deal
When he came across this young man sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot
And the devil jumped up on a hickory stump
And said, "boy, let me tell you what"
"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player too
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you
Now you play a pretty good fiddle, boy
But give the devil his due
I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your soul