Our Glorified Bodies

Jeri minton

I've just listened to a short video from Joni Eareckson Tada, and it gave me such encouragement...Joni is a quadraplegic in a wheelchair for over 50 years,..I don't know what all of her doctrinal beliefs are, she spends a lot of time sharing how God's love and dependence on Him has given her all she has needed ..God has blessed her with a ministry that has delivered thousands of wheelchairs all over the world to show the love of Christ...The short video I saw was such a great eye opener for me...she compared the seed of a peach tree to the full grown, blossoming peach tree...saying, take a look at the dried up, hard shell of that little seed compared to that beautiful full grown tree that now bears beautiful peaches...if these corrupt, mortal Bodies die, like that seed, just try to imagine how glorius and beautiful our eternal Bodies will be...I thought that was a great example for me to focus on .

SonSeeker

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
God created man "in His own image". The Bible does not say that when describing anything else in all of Creation. I don't think we can even imagine what our Glorified Bodies will be like, but we do know they will be nothing short of Glorious!

Andy C

Semper Fi
Does only the Church recieve glorified bodies? I realize there is a resurrection for everyone, but do the other people who have been righteous through history get glorified bodies as well or just your every day run of the mill deathless body?
I dont think you can find a direct answer. Below, Jack has a strong opinion on what happens.
IMO, it stands to reason that all believers, both Old Testament and New Testament Saints will have to have a glorified body in order to live for eternity.

Question: Here is a question which has puzzled me for a rather long time. If I understand correctly, all of the Old Testament and New Testament Saints who have passed away are in Paradise right now. Do they already have glorified bodies? If they already have glorified bodies, then what bodies will rise from the graves during the Rapture?

Answer: The spirits of Old Testament saints waited in Paradise until after the cross, then went to Heaven with the Lord (Ephes. 4:8). Those of New Testament believers go directly to be with the Lord upon death (2 Cor. 5:6-8). No one but the Lord has a glorified body. New Testament saints get theirs at the rapture (1 Cor. 15:51-52), while Old Testament saints will have to wait until the 2nd Coming (Daniel 12:1-2).

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/do-they-have-glorified-bodies/

Andy C

Semper Fi
Question: How does the bible describe the glorified bodies we will possess in Heaven?

Answer: While the Bible doesn’t describe in detail the glorified bodies we will receive in heaven, we know that they will be like that of Jesus’ resurrected body. Our human bodies are described in 1 Corinthians 15:42–53 as perishable, dishonorable, and weak, all due to sin. Our glorified bodies will be imperishable, honorable, and powerful. Our new bodies will be no longer “natural” bodies, but “spiritual” bodies, no longer focused upon the natural senses but at one with the Holy Spirit.

As imperishable bodies, they will no longer suffer from sickness and death, nor will they ever be subject to heat and cold or hunger and thirst. Our new bodies will be honorable in that they will not be shamed or shameful because of sin. When Adam and Eve sinned, the first thing they felt was shame because of their nakedness (Genesis 3:6–7). Although the Bible doesn’t portray glorified bodies as being naked, but rather clothed in white garments (Revelation 3:4–5, 18), they will be pure and undefiled by sin. Our earthly bodies are “weak” in many ways. Not only are we subject to the natural laws of gravity and time/space, we are weakened by sin and its temptations. Our glorified bodies will be empowered by the Spirit that owns us, and weakness will be no more.

Just as our earthly bodies are perfectly suited to life on earth, our resurrected bodies will be the same for life in heaven. We will have form and solidity to the touch, yet with no hindrance to travel (John 20:19, 26; Luke 24:39). We will be able to enjoy food, but will not be driven to it by necessity for nourishment nor fleshly desire (Luke 24:40–43). And like Moses and Elijah, we will be able to bathe in the glory of our Maker in the fellowship of His dear Son (Matthew 17:2–3; Philippians 3:10). The bodies we inherit will be more like what God had originally made us to be, rather than what we now abide in through the infirmity and weakness of our sinful flesh. We will be glorified with Christ, and that glory will extend to the bodies we will inhabit.

https://www.gotquestions.org/glorified-bodies.html

chaser

Just as our earthly bodies are perfectly suited to life on earth, our resurrected bodies will be the same for life in heaven. We will have form and solidity to the touch, yet with no hindrance to travel (John 20:19, 26; Luke 24:39). We will be able to enjoy food, but will not be driven to it by necessity for nourishment nor fleshly desire (Luke 24:40–43). And like Moses and Elijah, we will be able to bathe in the glory of our Maker in the fellowship of His dear Son (Matthew 17:2–3; Philippians 3:10). The bodies we inherit will be more like what God had originally made us to be, rather than what we now abide in through the infirmity and weakness of our sinful flesh. We will be glorified with Christ, and that glory will extend to the bodies we will inhabit.
This blows my mind, and Kem wrote "can't wait" and I can't either, but guess we have to for a little while;)

Brother Albert R.

I've just listened to a short video from Joni Eareckson Tada, and it gave me such encouragement...Joni is a quadraplegic in a wheelchair for over 50 years,..I don't know what all of her doctrinal beliefs are, she spends a lot of time sharing how God's love and dependence on Him has given her all she has needed ..God has blessed her with a ministry that has delivered thousands of wheelchairs all over the world to show the love of Christ...The short video I saw was such a great eye opener for me...she compared the seed of a peach tree to the full grown, blossoming peach tree...saying, take a look at the dried up, hard shell of that little seed compared to that beautiful full grown tree that now bears beautiful peaches...if these corrupt, mortal Bodies die, like that seed, just try to imagine how glorius and beautiful our eternal Bodies will be...I thought that was a great example for me to focus on .
Below is a great short video of Joni,
God bless
Brother ALbert

SonSeeker

I dont think you can find a direct answer. Below, Jack has a strong opinion on what happens.
IMO, it stands to reason that all believers, both Old Testament and New Testament Saints will have to have a glorified body in order to live for eternity.

Question: Here is a question which has puzzled me for a rather long time. If I understand correctly, all of the Old Testament and New Testament Saints who have passed away are in Paradise right now. Do they already have glorified bodies? If they already have glorified bodies, then what bodies will rise from the graves during the Rapture?

Answer: The spirits of Old Testament saints waited in Paradise until after the cross, then went to Heaven with the Lord (Ephes. 4:8). Those of New Testament believers go directly to be with the Lord upon death (2 Cor. 5:6-8). No one but the Lord has a glorified body. New Testament saints get theirs at the rapture (1 Cor. 15:51-52), while Old Testament saints will have to wait until the 2nd Coming (Daniel 12:1-2).

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/do-they-have-glorified-bodies/
I'm glad you posted this, Andy.:thumbup I almost started a thread on this very topic. But, what is the answer?
I don't mean to sound obtuse, Jack may have danced around the subject, but he really didn't answer your question.
Hey I know, since you seem pretty tight with Jack, why don't you just give him a call? Yeah, I'm sure there will be a serious long distance charge, but it's for a good cause. While you're at it, why don't ask him about his Glorified body? I'm sure he'd be happy to share his thoughts...........:cool:

Salluz

Got it back
I'm glad you posted this, Andy.:thumbup I almost started a thread on this very topic. But, what is the answer?
I don't mean to sound obtuse, Jack may have danced around the subject, but he really didn't answer your question.
Hey I know, since you seem pretty tight with Jack, why don't you just give him a call? Yeah, I'm sure there will be a serious long distance charge, but it's for a good cause. While you're at it, why don't ask him about his Glorified body? I'm sure he'd be happy to share his thoughts...........:cool:
Because that worked really well with Samuel... ;)

Salluz

Got it back
Hey I know, since you seem pretty tight with Jack, why don't you just give him a call? Yeah, I'm sure there will be a serious long distance charge, but it's for a good cause. While you're at it, why don't ask him about his Glorified body?
I just caught this, but anyone in heaven right now doesn't currently have a body; they are waiting for the rapture/resurrection to get it