Our church, Starlight Baptist Church to be picketed by Westboro Baptist Church this weekend

ReadyforSupper

Apparently, Westboro Baptist Church believes that because we send buses out to pick up children and that we feed the Homeless in Sanford that we are going against God's law.

I have dealt with Westboro Baptist Church on six different occasions, being a member of the Patriot Guard Riders.

Please pray that tempers in our church do not flare and that they see nothing but the glory of God in the members of our church.

Also pray that we have the most wicked thunderstorm of the season this Sunday.

Rez63

We're actually quite pleased to know we'll be blessed with each curse they throw at us!

Funny how everyone's taking this with no anger but a certain joy, knowing that this persecution is because we're both practicing the great commission and taking care of " the least of these".

God is so good!
Amen sis!!
It's so sad to see and hear all the anger and hatred that they spew in the name of Christianity! God IS indeed good!!

ReadyforSupper

What would be awesome is that we could actually reach them with the gospel!

I'm pretty sure they're the sort God was referring to when he said " given over to a reprobate mind but we're still gonna pray for them.

That " thunderstorm" comment wasn't actually meant to be mean, once I reread it I realized that I didn't quite complete my thought. Only God can send tunderstorms wouldn't it be nice if they saw his hand as they tried to disrupt his work?

ReadyforSupper

We had them picket us once when we had a funeral for a church member who was killed in Afghanistan. The local police and the local motorcycle clubs kept them far away. I'm sure yours will do the same. What a sad group.
:whisper That motorcycle club was actually the Patriot Guard. We only exist (in every state) because of that evil "church".
Very often the PGR are called to attend a military funeral to create a barrier between the grieving family and Westboro.
We've become such a common presence that now, any family of a fallen soldier can invite us and we'll show up in support whether the service is "protested" or not.

We'll attend ( by invitation) any soldier's final farewell, I've ridden for WWII soldiers!.

It's quite amazing!

Last edited:

RonJohnSilver

You know, I'm wondering how they justify being at another church on Sunday when they're supposed to be a church...Why aren't they at their own church on the Lord's day?

Same way they justify their lunatic actions....by misintrepretation, misunderstanding, taking statements out of context, losing their focus, attempting to use the Bible to justify their own beliefs, etc......same way the Catholic Church tried to justify the Crusades.

Rez63

You know, I'm wondering how they justify being at another church on Sunday when they're supposed to be a church...Why aren't they at their own church on the Lord's day?
They believe they are doing the "Lords Work".
It's very easy to see what is actually in their heart. The hatred and anger they spew in the name of Jesus is a result of their wicked heart. Jer 17:9
They use Christianity and God to justify their anger and hate. "Righteous Anger"!? What a shame.
They ONLY time I see Jesus ever using any kind of anger at anyone, was to the hypocritical Pharisees. Rebuke yes, but never anger and hate.
Their eyes have become blind due to selfish pride.
:pray Not only for you and your church RFS , but also for the lost at Westboro to receive and believe the Gospel .

Andy C

Apparently, Westboro Baptist Church believes that because we send buses out to pick up children and that we feed the Homeless in Sanford that we are going against God's law.

I have dealt with Westboro Baptist Church on six different occasions, being a member of the Patriot Guard Riders.

Please pray that tempers in our church do not flare and that they see nothing but the glory of God in the members of our church.

Also pray that we have the most wicked thunderstorm of the season this Sunday.
Thank you for doing this. Members of your group, and other USMC bike groups have formed up here in my town several times to ward off this crazies.

Side note - last time I checked, Westboro was not church, but mainly the family of Fred Phelps, and a few cousins. Seems nobody else was crazy enough to join them