Other world empires besides the ones in Daniel

Anastacia

I'm wondering why the book of Daniel only lists the kingdoms of Babylon, Medes-Persia, Greece, and Rome?

What about the powerful empires of Egypt, Assyria, Ghana, Byzantine, Mongol, Ottoman, etc.?

Is there a reason Daniel only mentions those 4? Did those four rule the largest areas, or for the longest times, or what?

... I'm really stuck on this. Thanks for any help to understand!

athenasius

I'm wondering why the book of Daniel only lists the kingdoms of Babylon, Medes-Persia, Greece, and Rome?

What about the powerful empires of Egypt, Assyria, Ghana, Byzantine, Mongol, Ottoman, etc.?

Is there a reason Daniel only mentions those 4? Did those four rule the largest areas, or for the longest times, or what?

... I'm really stuck on this. Thanks for any help to understand!
I LOVE that question.

Yes Daniel DID have a reason. Daniel 2 and Daniel chapter 7 are related.

First off, God gives both Daniel and Nebuchadnezzer a sneak peak at the future. And God explains it all, thru Daniel and thru an angel who explains Daniels dream to him. So we aren't left in the dark.

King Neb has a dream in Chapter 2. From mans point of view (as King Neb saw it in his dream) the 4 empires were a statue, made of precious metals at the top, going down to iron mixed with clay signifying a lot of things from how mankind views things to the value of various forms of government and their eventual end-- being crushed by the stone cut without hands (Christ and his empire) and blowing away as dust to be nothing.

Daniel in chapter 7 sees them as 4 beasts followed by a horrible beast. That is God's point of view. The angel interprets them.

Both have a progression of history and both show the future down into the time we are in, and beyond into the beginning of the Millennial Reign of Christ.

First thing to remember is that all history and prophecy in the Bible revolves around ISRAEL. They are the centre of things.

China as an empire, America as an Empire, Britain as an Empire, NONE matter except how they impact Israel. Assyria is mentioned quite a bit. Ghana is in Africa and not affecting Israel so it's not mentioned, but the Mongolian hordes do have a bit of a mention in history. They are part of the Scythian tribes and part of what became Russia and are related to the Gog and Magog invasion of Israel in Ezekiel 38. For a time they ruled China but the Great Wall of China was known from ancient times as the "ramparts of Gog and Magog"

Now the first Empire is Babylon.

Remember that Babylon in the Bible is both an empire and a belief system that sets itself up against God. Long before King Nebuchadnezzer arrived, there was an ancient tower of Babel. They aren't necessarily in the same spot, but the religion of Babel can be traced from there to all the false religions as the mother of harlots.

As a world system Babel tried to become a one world govt. AND many years later Babylon was trying to do the same under King Neb.

Babylon is the head of gold on the statue, and it's the lion with wings. Both Babel and Babylon were centred in modern day Iraq. The king rules absolutely.

Next is the Medo Persian Empire (we have that risen again in Iran, and the Medes are the Kurds). That is the second beast-- a bear, but with one side bigger than the other. This is the silver chest and arms. The nature of it's government is a limited form with the king subject to the law.

Third comes Greece, the belly and thighs of bronze in the statue. It's value is less, and bronze is a stronger metal, one that typified Greece. It is also a Leopard with 4 wings and 4 heads. Alexander the Great conquered with great speed, overtaking the kingdoms before him, the Medo Persians, and the Babylonian empires. But he died without an heir and his kingdom was split into 4 parts.

1: The Egyptian empire under the Ptolemys is but 1 of the 4. That's where Egypt is.

2: Macedonia under Cassander

3: Lysemichus took what is now Turkey and part of Greece.

4: The Seleucid empire governed most of what is Syria down thru to the borders of Egypt and over to the east as far as India. They controlled Israel.

That was the 4 parts of Alexanders Empire, and you can see why 4 wings, 4 heads. Each of these fought with the others for control. Antiochus Epiphanes is one of the Seluecid rulers descending from that general of Alexander and he to this day is the clearest prototype of the Antichrist that we have. He sacrificed a pig to Zeus on the alter in Jerusalem, defiling it and launching the Maccabees revolt.

BUT there is a FOURTH BEAST and the last part of the statue.

Fourth is Rome. The legs are of iron, but the feet are of iron mixed with clay. Iron is even stronger but not when mixed with clay. And this part of the statue is split into 2 legs. The Roman Empire was split into 2 legs. The western or "holy" Roman Empire-- which became Europe. And the EASTERN SIDE which was the Byzantine Empire, which fell to the Muslim hordes and became the OTTOMAN EMPIRE.

So there you have your Byzantine and your Ottoman Empires.

Daniel is shown by God how terrible this beast is. This fourth beast is different. It crushes everything in it's path. It is a descendant of Rome, and there is a weakness mixed into it's strength. The iron is mixed with clay. But it does form the LAST EMPIRE

You see Rome as an Empire never really died. It migrated around Europe, and various countries in Europe have taken their place in power. Eventually it will consist of 10 horns-- which in Bible terms are powers. Leaders. Seats of government. These horns may be 10 nations that arise together to reform the old Roman Empire or they may consist of 10 regions of the Earth.

Either way, they become used by the Antichrist to form that final world government.

This is Daniel 2 and the part where Daniel is explaining the dream to King Neb:

31 “Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance.

32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze,

33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.

34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them.

35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king.

37 Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory;

38 in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.

39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth.

40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others.

41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay.

42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle.

43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Margery here. So Daniel specifically says that in the time of the 10 kings, that God would bring an end to all human forms of Govt. and bring in HIS Government.

Now look at Daniel 7 for the dream DANIEL had, and the interpretation given to him by the angel:

2 Daniel said: “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea.

(margery here, the sea is often used as the Gentile nations as a whole, so the sea being churned up, is the gentile nations being churned up and beasts emerge out of the Gentile nations)

3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

4 “The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.

5 “And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and eat your fill of flesh!’

6 “After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.

7 “After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.

8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

(margery here, that little horn is the Antichrist)

9 “As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

10 A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened.

11 “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire.

12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

(margery here, the other nations will have Tribulation saints from them, who survive and repopulate their national boundaries during the Millennium)

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Interpretation of the Dream
15 “I, Daniel, was troubled in spirit, and the visions that passed through my mind disturbed me.

16 I approached one of those standing there and asked him the meaning of all this.

“So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things:

17 ‘The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth.

18 But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.’

(margery here, the angel speaking to Daniel is saying the 4 empires rise out of the Gentiles, BUT the holy people of the Most High (the believing JEWS who survive the Tribulation and populate the greater Israel that God promised Abraham) will receive the promised kingdom and possess it forever thru eternity)

19 “Then I wanted to know the meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left.

20 I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against the holy people and defeating them,

22 until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the holy people of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.

24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.

5 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

(margery here, that is 3-1/2 years-- the last half of the 7 year Tribulation that Daniel describes during which time the Antichrist will go after the Jews to try and destroy them completely)

26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever.

27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

28 “This is the end of the matter. I, Daniel, was deeply troubled by my thoughts, and my face turned pale, but I kept the matter to myself.”

Last edited:

athenasius

Remember that what began in Babel-- the Babylonian religion, and the One World Government will end in the end of the Tribulation having come full circle, affecting the whole earth.

God allows us to see the progression of Babel/Babylon down thru to Rome. And make no mistake. Roman Catholicism has imported much of Babylonian worship that started in Babel. The attempt to unite as one world in a government without God began in Babel and God delayed it by separating the people into different languages and drove them apart across the globe. What began in Babel will end in a one world government with the Antichrist as it's leader.

The nations that aren't mentioned-- the Chinese, the Philippines, the Congo, Tanzania, Vietnam, and the others simply don't play a role in either the beginning or the end.

Some are mentioned in the middle-- Gog Magog war for example, which God uses to bring Israel back into their covenant relationship with Him. So we do see a nation called Tarshish-- that is also mentioned as bringing Israel back into her land for the final time by Isaiah 60:9 which the merchant ships of Britain fulfilled after WW2. And Sheba and Dedan which are Saudi Arabia and Yemen possibly or the Gulf States and the Emirates.

The only mention of America is POSSIBLY as a daughter of Tarshish (Great Britain) along with the other "cubs" which are looking an awful lot like the group known as the 5 Eyes. Britain, America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

IF and only if that is them, this is the ONLY mention of those nations.

Anastacia

Wow!! I'm so thankful you answered my question, Margery! We are so blessed on this forum to have you help us learn from your understanding!

You've given me an answer that I can now pass onto my kids (who are the ones who stumped me with the original question). You're right-- it makes perfect sense to keep a perspective of world history in relation to Israel... since Israel is always at the center since God reveals Himself through her!

You included many details that I never before grasped, such as Greece, represented by the leopard with four wings because it split into 4 since Alexander the Great didn't have an heir. And-- I never realized that the Ottoman and Byzantine Empires were represented by the legs. My thinking was too narrow and I was just thinking of Rome as all encompassing of Europe's land. God is so detailed I don't think I'll understand very much this side of the rapture! But I sure love trying!

Thank you so much for your help!!

townerka

I LOVE that question.

Yes Daniel DID have a reason. Daniel 2 and Daniel chapter 7 are related.

First off, God gives both Daniel and Nebuchadnezzer a sneak peak at the future. And God explains it all, thru Daniel and thru an angel who explains Daniels dream to him. So we aren't left in the dark.

King Neb has a dream in Chapter 2. From mans point of view (as King Neb saw it in his dream) the 4 empires were a statue, made of precious metals at the top, going down to iron mixed with clay signifying a lot of things from how mankind views things to the value of various forms of government and their eventual end-- being crushed by the stone cut without hands (Christ and his empire) and blowing away as dust to be nothing.

Daniel in chapter 7 sees them as 4 beasts followed by a horrible beast. That is God's point of view. The angel interprets them.

Both have a progression of history and both show the future down into the time we are in, and beyond into the beginning of the Millennial Reign of Christ.

First thing to remember is that all history and prophecy in the Bible revolves around ISRAEL. They are the centre of things.

China as an empire, America as an Empire, Britain as an Empire, NONE matter except how they impact Israel. Assyria is mentioned quite a bit. Ghana is in Africa and not affecting Israel so it's not mentioned, but the Mongolian hordes do have a bit of a mention in history. They are part of the Scythian tribes and part of what became Russia and are related to the Gog and Magog invasion of Israel in Ezekiel 38. For a time they ruled China but the Great Wall of China was known from ancient times as the "ramparts of Gog and Magog"

Now the first Empire is Babylon.

Remember that Babylon in the Bible is both an empire and a belief system that sets itself up against God. Long before King Nebuchadnezzer arrived, there was an ancient tower of Babel. They aren't necessarily in the same spot, but the religion of Babel can be traced from there to all the false religions as the mother of harlots.

As a world system Babel tried to become a one world govt. AND many years later Babylon was trying to do the same under King Neb.

Babylon is the head of gold on the statue, and it's the lion with wings. Both Babel and Babylon were centred in modern day Iraq. The king rules absolutely.

Next is the Medo Persian Empire (we have that risen again in Iran, and the Medes are the Kurds). That is the second beast-- a bear, but with one side bigger than the other. This is the silver chest and arms. The nature of it's government is a limited form with the king subject to the law.

Third comes Greece, the belly and thighs of bronze in the statue. It's value is less, and bronze is a stronger metal, one that typified Greece. It is also a Leopard with 4 wings and 4 heads. Alexander the Great conquered with great speed, overtaking the kingdoms before him, the Medo Persians, and the Babylonian empires. But he died without an heir and his kingdom was split into 4 parts.

1: The Egyptian empire under the Ptolemys is but 1 of the 4. That's where Egypt is.

2: Macedonia under Cassander

3: Lysemichus took what is now Turkey and part of Greece.

4: The Seleucid empire governed most of what is Syria down thru to the borders of Egypt and over to the east as far as India. They controlled Israel.

That was the 4 parts of Alexanders Empire, and you can see why 4 wings, 4 heads. Each of these fought with the others for control. Antiochus Epiphanes is one of the Seluecid rulers descending from that general of Alexander and he to this day is the clearest prototype of the Antichrist that we have. He sacrificed a pig to Zeus on the alter in Jerusalem, defiling it and launching the Maccabees revolt.

BUT there is a FOURTH BEAST and the last part of the statue.

Fourth is Rome. The legs are of iron, but the feet are of iron mixed with clay. Iron is even stronger but not when mixed with clay. And this part of the statue is split into 2 legs. The Roman Empire was split into 2 legs. The western or "holy" Roman Empire-- which became Europe. And the EASTERN SIDE which was the Byzantine Empire, which fell to the Muslim hordes and became the OTTOMAN EMPIRE.

So there you have your Byzantine and your Ottoman Empires.

Daniel is shown by God how terrible this beast is. This fourth beast is different. It crushes everything in it's path. It is a descendant of Rome, and there is a weakness mixed into it's strength. The iron is mixed with clay. But it does form the LAST EMPIRE

You see Rome as an Empire never really died. It migrated around Europe, and various countries in Europe have taken their place in power. Eventually it will consist of 10 horns-- which in Bible terms are powers. Leaders. Seats of government. These horns may be 10 nations that arise together to reform the old Roman Empire or they may consist of 10 regions of the Earth.

Either way, they become used by the Antichrist to form that final world government.

This is Daniel 2 and the part where Daniel is explaining the dream to King Neb:

31 “Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance.

32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze,

33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.

34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them.

35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king.

37 Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory;

38 in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.

39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth.

40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others.

41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay.

42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle.

43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

Margery here. So Daniel specifically says that in the time of the 10 kings, that God would bring an end to all human forms of Govt. and bring in HIS Government.

Now look at Daniel 7 for the dream DANIEL had, and the interpretation given to him by the angel:

2 Daniel said: “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea.

(margery here, the sea is often used as the Gentile nations as a whole, so the sea being churned up, is the gentile nations being churned up and beasts emerge out of the Gentile nations)

3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

4 “The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.

5 “And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and eat your fill of flesh!’

6 “After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.

7 “After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.

8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

(margery here, that little horn is the Antichrist)

9 “As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

10 A river of fire was flowing,
coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
and the books were opened.

11 “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire.

12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)

(margery here, the other nations will have Tribulation saints from them, who survive and repopulate their national boundaries during the Millennium)

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Interpretation of the Dream
15 “I, Daniel, was troubled in spirit, and the visions that passed through my mind disturbed me.

16 I approached one of those standing there and asked him the meaning of all this.

“So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things:

17 ‘The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth.

18 But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.’

(margery here, the angel speaking to Daniel is saying the 4 empires rise out of the Gentiles, BUT the holy people of the Most High (the believing JEWS who survive the Tribulation and populate the greater Israel that God promised Abraham) will receive the promised kingdom and possess it forever thru eternity)

19 “Then I wanted to know the meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others and most terrifying, with its iron teeth and bronze claws—the beast that crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left.

20 I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against the holy people and defeating them,

22 until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the holy people of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.

24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.

5 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

(margery here, that is 3-1/2 years-- the last half of the 7 year Tribulation that Daniel describes during which time the Antichrist will go after the Jews to try and destroy them completely)

26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever.

27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

28 “This is the end of the matter. I, Daniel, was deeply troubled by my thoughts, and my face turned pale, but I kept the matter to myself.”

Thank you for this explanation it's wonderful. I noticed there's a pause between verses 8 to 11 in the midst of the vision describing the fourth beast. After the ten kingdoms are revealed the books in heaven and opened and the court is seated. Could this be a reference to the Bema Seat Judgement for the church? The 24 elders in Revelation are seated starting in chapter four and then the rest of Revelation continues. After the court is seated the little horn is still speaking boastful words THEN the Son of Man comes. I might be reading too much into this haha.

Back