o'reilly's 'militant christianity'

cookietoe

so did anyone else hear o'reilly on the radio this afternoon saying to a caller that a christian who says 'dont do this and dont do that or you're going to hell' to him is a militant christian?
aren't we suppose to tell people that?? didn't jesus tell people that???
someone help me out here.

Xtreme Cowboy

Adventure Seeker
I'm going to Heaven!!!

The whole "don't do this, and don't do that or you'll go to hell", isn't our judgement call. God is the only one that gets to call who goes to Heaven and hell. I do agree with you that our "job" is to spread the love of God and Jesus Christ to others, and to "show" them (through our lives) how a Christian lives.

It's never failed that when a lost friend of mine has a problem, they have come to me, and I give them advice of how they should live their life, and by how they are living is creating all the havoc in their life. Sometimes they agree, and sometimes they aren't willing to follow God's path.

All I can do is show them how God wants ME and them to live, by his Word. Hell is for God to figure out.

Xtreme Cowboy

Adventure Seeker
I like O'Reily...he's very humerous, but he definitely isn't coming from a Christian background. He does seem to "preach" morals, though. Someone needs to get hold of him and "spin" him to God. I keep yelling, "you go dude!", because he seems to have an underlying Christian agenda at times, and he doesn't even realize it.

sandy

the do this or dont do that is'nt what keeps one outta hell.

its whether one is saved or not accepted Jesus sacrifice for our sins, then its not a matter of the dos and donts but
following the Lord and growing in Him.

I do NOT like this when people say if you do this your going to hell.
they dont know God and have absolutly NO clue as to what one is trying to tell them.

we do good works and such because we belong to Him,
not because we are trying to be good enough for Him.

jacee92

Watching
:thumbup I agree Sandy.

I've heard O"Reily say he is catholic but he usually adds he's a very bad catholic.

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
IMHO i totally disagree

sound doctrine is not a popularity contest
in fact Jesus said the world would hate us because of him

I surely can tell anyone who is not saved by the blood of Christ
IS GOING TO HELL

LESBIAN PREACHERS are going to hell
you get my drift

we are to judge. otherwise we fall for the devils lies and allow them to grow
weeds must be ripped out at the beginning

now nit picking among the brethren is not what i am referring too

Xtreme Cowboy

Adventure Seeker
IMHO i totally disagree

IS GOING TO HELL

you get my drift

What about the time the Pharasees wanted to stone the prostitute?

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
we have a set of rules spelled out in scripture for how we are to judge

''Judge ye not by appearances but in a righteous manner''

with That in mind we must apply this to our Leaders and our selfs
as scripture says we should examine our selfs too

questioning
who is and is not to be in Leadership positions of the Congregation and who for that matter should even be in the congregation based on their behavior and attitude and opinions and doctrine if it runs contrary to sound doctrine
is being a Berean

so yes If Jesus said anyone--Hindu catholic Mormon Jew jungle man Buddhist and Moslem's
any one who rejects him will go to hell THAN they will go to hell

''Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many that be that find it
but because narrow is the way that leads to life few that be that find it''

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS ARE GOING TO HELL
THE POPE is
is going to hell---how do i know?

Galatians 1
8.But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Last edited:

sandy

IMHO i totally disagree

IS GOING TO HELL

you get my drift

I dont think you understood what I was saying.

ok you go up to a person lets say a lesbian preacher.
tell that person your going to hell.

the problem lies with the approach. that person obviously does'nt know Gods word or God to begin with, so they not all but most I would think would'nt have a clue as to where your coming from.

yes, hells real. should be taken extremly seriously.
but I do think they have to get a understanding that they are a sinner in need of a savior or they will NOT get it.

too many like to throw out the YOUR GOING TO HELL
without anything else so people will just think ok your weird.
most dont even know what a Christian is supposed to be!
all they know is what the stupid news says which is way off base of they see people like the phelps and think ok we want none of that!
or those holding signs and such are cruel, mean,
thoughtless in their everyday life which is a major problem.

yes, we are to judge righteous judgement!!!

see they need the gospel. hell is part of that, but its not all of it!

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
oh ya i agree
i would never do that
but i would say it in a room full of people
i would use the term ''one'' instead of ''you''

also the reason i think a lesbian preacher would go to hell is
i do not think they were saved in the first place

I am not referring to repentant sinners
only unrepentant
you know not even trying to do the right thing

but yes i see what you are saying, and agree with you that there is
a much better way to say the truth so long as the truth is not compromised

Xtreme Cowboy

Adventure Seeker
I'm following...

I'm following all you guys...BUT only God knows the heart. I totally agree with correct people taking correct action for things, and I feel it's more my job to show them what's righteous, and pray that they do it. I can't tell anyone there going to hell...Jesus told the first saved man on the cross that he would be with Him in paradise. I'm sure this man lived a HORRIBLE life, and I believe God showed us this example to emphasize it is never too late to believe on Him as long as you're breathing on this earth.

Yes, I totally agree they WILL go to hell if they never accept Christ, and I do believe that TRUE Christians want to do the will of God...not because of Heaven and hell, but because they want to make their Father proud...I want my earthly father never to be disapointed in me, not because he could have punished me, but because I wanted him proud of me...I believe that is the way true Christianity works. To KNOW God is to understand what makes him pleased with you, and TO DO IT!

Someone may get their name written in the book at 5 or at 105...God knows when it will happen, or if it's going to happen. You can't make someone love you by scaring them into it...SO I feel we can't truly make someone love God by scaring them into the hell concept either. I feel God gives us the whole understanding of hell for us as Christians to have the "burning" desire (no pun intended) and the urgency to get people to understand the love of God and believe, for WE know what will happen to them if they don't.

I judge probably more than anyone on here, but I feel convicted by it all the time. Jesus was AMAZING at showing people how to live, and I always try to emulate that...even though I totally fail.

Keep the thread running...this is an awesome discussion!

WKUHilltopper

we have a set of rules spelled out in scripture for how we are to judge

''Judge ye not by appearances but in a righteous manner''

with That in mind we must apply this to our Leaders and our selfs
as scripture says we should examine our selfs too

questioning
who is and is not to be in Leadership positions of the Congregation and who for that matter should even be in the congregation based on their behavior and attitude and opinions and doctrine if it runs contrary to sound doctrine
is being a Berean

so yes If Jesus said anyone--Hindu catholic Mormon Jew jungle man Buddhist and Moslem's
any one who rejects him will go to hell THAN they will go to hell

''Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many that be that find it
but because narrow is the way that leads to life few that be that find it''

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS ARE GOING TO HELL
THE POPE is
is going to hell---how do i know?

Galatians 1
8.But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I agree completely. I know those who have the potential for going to Hell because God has reveal His criteria to us. Now in the final hours of one's life? Who knows? Hopefully the person will repent and have faith in Jesus. From a certain perspective, we truly don't know who will be sentenced to Hell (because they may find salvation at the last moment). But we do know that lest one repents and puts their faith in Jesus, as the Scriptures say, especially in their final second of life, then the results are clear.

I also know that if I stick my tongue in a light socket, I'll get my brains fried...I've never done this, but I know it will happen. Somehow, it will. But if I see someone who is going to do this, should I just let him go ahead without warning?

Xtreme Cowboy

Adventure Seeker
I also know that if I stick my tongue in a light socket, I'll get my brains fried...I've never done this, but I know it will happen. Somehow, it will. But if I see someone who is going to do this, should I just let him go ahead without warning?

Where were you when I stuck my tongue there? :doh: just kidding :yeah:

ub4war

bond servant of Christ
'' But we do know that lest one repents and puts their faith in Jesus, as the Scriptures say, especially in their final second of life, then the results are clear.''

good point. I should have said on their way to hell if they do not change.

but i agree with you