Openly transgender female weightlifter Laurel Hubbard fails to complete lifts at Tokyo Olympics

GHoe

TOKYO -- Laurel Hubbard, an openly transgender female weightlifter, failed to complete any of her three lifts during the snatch portion of the women's +87kg Olympic weightlifting competition on Monday and recorded a "did not finish."

The 43-year-old Hubbard of New Zealand had one attempt at 120 kg and two at 125 kg but she was unsuccessful at both weights. She was able to get the bar over her head on her second effort but the jury ruled it a no lift.

After her third attempt, in which she dropped the bar behind her, she received a loud ovation from the small crowd at the Tokyo International Forum and she put her hands over her heart and mouthed "thank you" in response.

The International Olympic Committee allows individual sport federations to create their own rules about the inclusion of transgender athletes. Hubbard met all of the requirements set by the International Weightlifting Federation but has still been at the center of the debate over the participation of transgender women in sports.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story...l-hubbard-fails-complete-lifts-tokyo-olympics

Initially, I thought good, haha serves him right.. But after looking around the comments sections of some sites it appears this was likely part of the plan and a win for the alphabet squad at the price of a small personal defeat. It appears at a glance "he couldn't compete with the women and lost", but in reality it was a subtle message that "trans women competing against biological women is fair and should be normalized, see for yourself".

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The man didn't look like an athlete. He has a pretty big gut and his arm muscled appeared flabby. No good muscle tone that I could see. I wonder how he even made the women's team...

Andy C

The man didn't look like an athlete. He has a pretty big gut and his arm muscled appeared flabby. No good muscle tone that I could see. I wonder how he even made the women's team...
Olympic lifters look completely different than Power lifters. They need the big belly for their lifts.

There were plenty of real women competing against her that made “it” look thin.

Batman

I think this proves that his transgender male-borne stupidity of competing in a women's olympic sport is about the sexual identity agenda and in all likelihood an agenda to get a lot of attention and possibly get some financial profit from the whole ridiculousness. Only time will tell.