One second after you die....

moosejive

That’s beautiful. I love the farm and her getting answers! Were they believers? I was reading a thread on Reddit last night, and a nurse said it was people knowing they were going to die and talking with “dead” family that took some getting used to. I did a lot of research when my uncle was dying, and it’s not uncommon for people to converse with loved ones who’ve long been dead and to hold off their dying until a loved one can accept it.

I had an uncle years ago in the hospital. He was very sick. He was unsaved. He came out of the hospital on fire for God. He said he was dying, and Jesus was quietly standing on one side of his bed holding out His hand. Satan was on the other side jumping up and down and making a lot of noise.

Our hope, our salvation, is such a wonderful thing. We can know death is just a temporary separation.
Sorry it took me a while to answer.....but yes she was a believer. Sort of a prodigal daughter kind of story..

This is awesome because it shows that the Lord will give an unbeliever every possible chance to be saved, even up until the moment of death. It shows how merciful He truly is.
The thief on a cross by Jesus is a very vivid example of the Lord wanting no one to not be able to come home to Heaven. His faith in the Lord brought him home to Heaven. While his rewards may not match of other believers, I would think any place in Heaven will outshine the finest palace on Earth....:yeah:ring

aldanielle

In due time my friend through your testimony in Christ Jesus by His redemptive work on The Cross you shall receive a glorified body that will last for ETERNITY!!
Amen!!
Each second we are closer through death or rapture.
I sure hope it is the latter.
Praise Him , praise Him, praise Him!

I'm sure we all will get a chance to walk alone with our Saviour in The Garden while the dew is still on the roses (with no thorns)...
Amen!!

Andy C

Well, you'll get a new glorified body so I doubt you'll get sick of anything. Your angel guardian will carry you to glory. If you die a martyr for the faith, perhaps you'll be picked up by the chariots of fire. Imagine going to Heaven in style.
Yes, we will eventually have a glorified body, but that will come with the rapture. Those who have died before the rapture will be present with the Lord, but will not yet have a Glorified body. I do agree with Jacks below answer. I also realize that not all Christians agree with this.
Scripture states our bodies will be raised as Glorified bodies, but scripture also states this will come with the rapture. If we die before the rapture, our body remains on earth either buried in the ground, or cremated. This leads to the question of what type of body will we have while with Jesus in Heaven, awaiting the rapture? Spirit, physical yet different than our current body?

Question: Here is a question which has puzzled me for a rather long time. If I understand correctly, all of the Old Testament and New Testament Saints who have passed away are in Paradise right now. Do they already have glorified bodies? If they already have glorified bodies, then what bodies will rise from the graves during the Rapture?

Answer: The spirits of Old Testament saints waited in Paradise until after the cross, then went to Heaven with the Lord (Ephes. 4:8). Those of New Testament believers go directly to be with the Lord upon death (2 Cor. 5:6-8). No one but the Lord has a glorified body. New Testament saints get theirs at the rapture (1 Cor. 15:51-52), while Old Testament saints will have to wait until the 2nd Coming (Daniel 12:1-2).

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/do-they-have-glorified-bodies/

Rocky Rivera

Yes, we will eventually have a glorified body, but that will come with the rapture. Those who have died before the rapture will be present with the Lord, but will not yet have a Glorified body. I do agree with Jacks below answer. I also realize that not all Christians agree with this.
Scripture states our bodies will be raised as Glorified bodies, but scripture also states this will come with the rapture. If we die before the rapture, our body remains on earth either buried in the ground, or cremated. This leads to the question of what type of body will we have while with Jesus in Heaven, awaiting the rapture? Spirit, physical yet different than our current body?

Question: Here is a question which has puzzled me for a rather long time. If I understand correctly, all of the Old Testament and New Testament Saints who have passed away are in Paradise right now. Do they already have glorified bodies? If they already have glorified bodies, then what bodies will rise from the graves during the Rapture?

Answer: The spirits of Old Testament saints waited in Paradise until after the cross, then went to Heaven with the Lord (Ephes. 4:8). Those of New Testament believers go directly to be with the Lord upon death (2 Cor. 5:6-8). No one but the Lord has a glorified body. New Testament saints get theirs at the rapture (1 Cor. 15:51-52), while Old Testament saints will have to wait until the 2nd Coming (Daniel 12:1-2).

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/do-they-have-glorified-bodies/
I believe that prior to the Rapture, when a believer goes to be with the LORD, we will be granted a perfect (albeit temporary) body so that we can continue to be human prior to the Resurrection. Think of that body as the Artist's preliminary sketch before He lays out the shadings, colors, and other things. At the Resurrection, your original body will be raised perfected, upgraded, and glorified and reunited with your spirit -- never to die again. And you'll wonder why your loved ones used so much money on an expensive funeral with the most luxurious casket. LOL

Andy C

I believe that prior to the Rapture, when a believer goes to be with the LORD, we will be granted a perfect (albeit temporary) body so that we can continue to be human prior to the Resurrection. Think of that body as the Artist's preliminary sketch before He lays out the shadings, colors, and other things. At the Resurrection, your original body will be raised perfected, upgraded, and glorified and reunited with your spirit -- never to die again. And you'll wonder why your loved ones used so much money on an expensive funeral with the most luxurious casket. LOL
Good post.

If I die before my wife, I told her the cheapest pine box will do just fine - I wont mind :biggrin2

Jonathan

Good post.

If I die before my wife, I told her the cheapest pine box will do just fine - I wont mind :biggrin2
Did you ever see the Big Lebowski? The two characters had their friend and bowling buddy die of a heart attack (that they probably caused due to their aggressive social antics), Anyways the two remaining members of a former team of three go to the funeral home to collect the ashes in order to put his remains to rest.

The Funeral owner tries to sell them on a number of different urns, priced between $300, to $700, or even more, depending on how much they loved their friend.

The guys walked out, went to the nearest supermarket, and bought a huge can of Folger's Cofee grounds. They opened it, dumped the coffee, brought the can back to the funeral home and said "Put him in there."

Last edited:

Jonathan

Good post.

I want more than you do. I want a pool party. I want my dead corpse situated on a floating raft with a pina colada in my hand and a cigar (hopefully lit) placed firmly into my lifeless mouth. And, if my family and friends really love me, they will hire some guy to push my raft around.

crossnote

We don't know who may be reading different posts on here and this is a very good discussion in answer to the question - what happens one second after you die?

One second after we die? That would be an awful long time. If one day is as a thousand years (equaling to 365 x 1000 days), then one second would be as 365,000 seconds or appx 101.3 hours. LOL

Last edited: