One New Man

ReadyforSupper

Has anyone had a chance to look at the "One New Man" bible?

William Morford | onenewmanbible.com

I agree, that even though the Church is separate from Israel, we should be one in Christ. I attend (when I'm able) a Messianic Jewish synagogue called Congregation Gesher Shalom. I enjoy the Davidic music, love the intensity in which they wait for the rapture (we chatter about it for almost 2 hours after the service is over) but am confused at the laws they still adhere to (but obviously, have said nothing as it doesn't edify).

I'd like to know if anyone else has had the opportunity to read this new Bible. I've read tons of reviews and everyone seems to love it. When someone has a question, they can pose it on the ONM website and are answered, so it's like a long string of questions that vary, but all are answered by the writer.

I'm a staunch KJV person (HSCB for weights, measurements and distances) but that's habit...I'd never seen another version of the Bible until I was in my 40's although I was aware of their existence. I'm wondering if this new Bible really does make things more clear?? I've heard people say that it was "richer" in meaning but am unwilling to spend 2 days pay for something heretical...I'm really getting tired of burning books that I've just paid a fortune for.

If anyone has a chance to take a good look at it, could you offer your opinions? Thank you all so so much!:hug

dlachance1

Re: One New Man bible

I received this bible today and starting reading a few verses that have meanings rooted in Jewish culture. The first one was Matt. 13:33, where Jesus is telling one of eight parables about the coming kingdom. This one and the one before it (the mustard seed) give some negative issues about the kingdom.
I checked out several other bibles thru the blue bible program on this parable to see how they told it. The NASB,ESV and King James give a more literal interpretation. I wish I could have checked this verse before buying. TONM bible gives the verse like many liberal bibles like the NIV which gives it's own interpretation of the meaning.
In the parable a woman takes leaven and hides it in three measures of meal. To the Jewish mind this would be unthinkable. Leaven is always represented of sin. Three measures of meal is the Jewish and also the Islamic symbol of fellowship, going back to Abraham and the four angles who came to visit him. The ONM bible uses the word put instead of hid and large amount instead of three measures. Changing these two words can give the opposite meaning to the parable. Ray Stedman, Jon Cousal and Chuck Misslier are just a few commentaries that point this out. Reading the ONB version you would never know about the three measure of meal and that she hid it, not just put it in the dough. Be careful about the next new thing. How would we know about the true meaning without a literal translation. There are many truths that we are missing today because the church separated itself from its Jewish roots.
Good luck and God bless

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had a chance to look at the "One New Man" bible?

William Morford | onenewmanbible.com

I agree, that even though the Church is separate from Israel, we should be one in Christ. I attend (when I'm able) a Messianic Jewish synagogue called Congregation Gesher Shalom. I enjoy the Davidic music, love the intensity in which they wait for the rapture (we chatter about it for almost 2 hours after the service is over) but am confused at the laws they still adhere to (but obviously, have said nothing as it doesn't edify).

I'd like to know if anyone else has had the opportunity to read this new Bible. I've read tons of reviews and everyone seems to love it. When someone has a question, they can pose it on the ONM website and are answered, so it's like a long string of questions that vary, but all are answered by the writer.

I'm a staunch KJV person (HSCB for weights, measurements and distances) but that's habit...I'd never seen another version of the Bible until I was in my 40's although I was aware of their existence. I'm wondering if this new Bible really does make things more clear?? I've heard people say that it was "richer" in meaning but am unwilling to spend 2 days pay for something heretical...I'm really getting tired of burning books that I've just paid a fortune for.

If anyone has a chance to take a good look at it, could you offer your opinions? Thank you all so so much!:hug

I found this link near the bottom of the page to show some differences between the KJV and this new version. I don't like what I see in the new version, I'd recommend you stick with the $1 KJV you can get from the Dollar Tree. Don't pay good money for some guy's "new" interpretation of the Lord's Word. :tsk: We are told not to ADD to the Word. I'd steer clear of this.

https://rh131.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showProductDetail?productId=90

mattfivefour

I am not KJV only (as if y'all didn't know that by now :lol:) so I am not coming from a biased viewpoint when I say that I do not like what I have seen from the One Man Bible. HCSB is more faithful to the original text, so is NLT. Imho, NASB beats all three.

And may I suggest to those who attend Messianic congregations where the people still believe in keeping the law— that is saying that Christ's sacrifice is not fully sufficient. That is not faith in Christ. It's a qualified faith. And qualified faith is not real faith. It is not "believing in Christ" in the Biblical sense of that word. Neither is it "confessing Christ" in the Biblical sense of that word. What those who add law to grace have done is nullified grace. They indeed are presenting another gospel. They may sing of Christ, pray to Him and preach about Him, but they are denying Him by their law-keeping. Paul spent much of his ministry fighting against such legalism. The main theme of his epistle to the Galatians is rejecting legalism entirely. Under the anointing of the Holy Spirit he wrote that law keepers have fallen from grace. If they ever possessed it.

Why would we want to have any part of that? Because Davidic singing and worship makes us feel closer to Christ and the culture into which He chose to be born? Because there is an exotic nature to it that makes us feel different? We need to ask ourselves those questions; because by taking part in those services we are lending credence to those who preach law-keeping. And when we do that, we are guilty of proclaiming another gospel.

ReadyforSupper

I am not KJV only (as if y'all didn't know that by now :lol:) so I am not coming from a biased viewpoint when I say that I do not like what I have seen from the One Man Bible. HCSB is more faithful to the original text, so is NLT. Imho, NASB beats all three.

And may I suggest to those who attend Messianic congregations where the people still believe in keeping the law— that is saying that Christ's sacrifice is not fully sufficient. That is not faith in Christ. It's a qualified faith. And qualified faith is not real faith. It is not "believing in Christ" in the Biblical sense of that word. Neither is it "confessing Christ" in the Biblical sense of that word. What those who add law to grace have done is nullified grace. They indeed are presenting another gospel. They may sing of Christ, pray to Him and preach about Him, but they are denying Him by their law-keeping. Paul spent much of his ministry fighting against such legalism. The main theme of his epistle to the Galatians is rejecting legalism entirely. Under the anointing of the Holy Spirit he wrote that law keepers have fallen from grace. If they ever possessed it.

Why would we want to have any part of that? Because Davidic singing and worship makes us feel closer to Christ and the culture into which He chose to be born? Because there is an exotic nature to it that makes us feel different? We need to ask ourselves those questions; because by taking part in those services we are lending credence to those who preach law-keeping. And when we do that, we are guilty of proclaiming another gospel.

I quit going because of those facts. I thought I'd learn something from the Jewish point of view, but I already know a lot of what's pertinent and if I miss something...ISong will be my resource!:hehheh

The more I attended, the more hollow it felt. Like a confusion of sorts. I do miss the family that "adopted" me upon my first visit, but there was nothing to learn...that's why I started going in the first place. All I learned is that they've missed the mark. They were mixing up works/salvation...maybe it's an adherence to tradition for tradition's sake?

I enjoyed the services at first, but as time went on, it saddened me. They're still trapped under the law. :crying

Thank you to everyone that answered...I'd forgotten this thread, lol. I'm grateful to the poster who took the time to register to give me an answer...I pray he returns and I hate that I missed him. :((

Jonf1984

I just received this bible about a week ago, I enjoy the bible but at times I wonder if what is being said is just off.. one of those examples stood out today in Mark 5:41 where He says "Prayer Shawl Rise!"

this is the explanation, "“the greek text says “talita coum” then includes a statement saying which is translated girl I say to you rise, this purports to be a translation of talita coum and must have been added by a well-intentioned copier who did not understand, mistaking talitha, the greek spelling of tallit, for the Aramaic talyiata, meaning young woman. Talit coum” is Hebrew for prayer shawl rise!, Jesus placed His prayer shawl over the girl, then spoke to the prayer shawl.. "

I'm not greek but I looked on biblehub.com and also various translations to which I have NEVER seen it put that way, it really doesn't make sense to me that Jesus would say to His prayer Shawl to arise and NO other version that I see puts it that way. The bible has some other minor things such as the Lords prayer which I think others have put in here, that he puts your will must be done, your kingdom must come.. etc. I am really kind of bothered by Mark 5:41 though. I like this bible but at the same time I am cautious and looking up things where I feel it may not be quite right, my usual versions are New king James Version, I also like the NASB.. just figured id throw this out there.. any thoughts? has anyone else found things they don't agree with? I like the bible but at the same time, its one guy that translated it and is saying "this is the most accurate" its much more accurate than other versions, and I just am cautious with this, because i always say and the bible agrees, 2 or 3 witnesses things are established, and i feel that when you have numerous people translating minor things can be exposed..

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I just looked at the link in the OP and it gives a little information on the guy behind the book. He believes the Trinity is wrong. He says he believes in the “Oneness” of God. He thinks the HS is feminine. I think you need to walk...uh...run away from this mess of a book. Check out the questions and replies after the short article. Sounds like he is too caught up in the errors of rabbis.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking around their site which is hard to do on an iPhone and it looks like they believe in prophets today and they sell a book about 70 readobs to speak in tongues. I think this who thing is to be avoided. People are always coming out with new stuff that is nothing but garbage. I think this is more of the same. JMHO.

Back