Once to Die and then the Judgment

Ruth

One of the simplest aspects of what Jesus did for us becomes the most complex concept to those who try to put it into man's terms and understanding. But when the Lord showed me the truth of our salvation, many questions fell away.

We begin with the idea that every human being who has sinned will die and then face judgment:
Hebrews 9:27
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

And that is what happens to the soul who is born again. We have died and been judged but through His righteousness, not our own. We are a new creation of imperishable seed.

When we counted the cost and turned away from the ways of the world, the wide path and turned towards following Him (the narrow path) and received His gift of grace in forgiving our sins, we were crucified with Him on the cross and died - and were born again a new creation - eternal and no longer under law but under grace.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 Peter 1:23 (eternal salvation)
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Romans 8:1
[ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

1 Cor 9
14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!

Back