On Death Row

Hannah

RO 6:19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
What struck me thinking about this verse today is that all Unrepentant Sinners are like Prisoners on Death Row waiting for the day of their execution.

Those of us who REPENTED and RECEIVED Christ we didn't just get a Stay of Exectution but we all got our sentence completely dropped and we were freed from prison as well.

RO 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished-- 26 he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
We are all Born Sinners and all of us are guilty and face a jugement of eternal death and separation from the Lord.

YET Christ died for us so we no longer have to face this death, we are no longer ON DEATH ROW!

Lord I pray for all those across the world who are in prison and are going to be executed. Praying for their salvation. Even if they face a physical death on this earth I pray they may escape a spiritual death and have every opportunity to find salvation before they are executed, amen.

The problem with mankind is that the devil has blinded us from the truth that we are on Death Row. Those truly facing death have the time to think through their situation and what is going to happen to them. May the Lord enable each person on Earth to have every opportunity to understand their FATE and what is waiting for them, Eternal Seperation from God and Eternal Punishment as well. Amen.

Just some thoughts that came to me today as I meditated on God's Word. :((

Traci

Amen

Praying also for those who know they have a terminal illness and have a limited amount of time. Draw them to You Father.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
That's the reason that Jesus sometimes referred to those who've not accepted Christ yet as the dead. He considered them as the walking dead unless they had accepted Him as their Savior.

Hannah

That's the reason that Jesus sometimes referred to those who've not accepted Christ yet as the dead. He considered them as the walking dead unless they had accepted Him as their Savior.
:(( Yep that is correct and then they will go onto the Second Death if they do not repent and receive Christ. :crying

REV 21:6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."