okay yet another strange question

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
My question is...

If those who are fat going into the resurrection, will they remain fat for all eternity?

And yes, I'm nervous.

Is it consistent with God's character to force you into a cumbersome body forever when everyone else who is saved gets a glorified body that is actually glorified? IMHO being overweight or obese is a result of sin / the fall just like any other deformity or ailment. Without our sinful natures, we would never desire food past when it was prudent to eat it. And without sin causing death, no one would have a body that metabolizes inefficiently or has issues with insulin regulation, anything that can lead to weight gain that is outside of a person's control. That leads me to believe it won't be present just like every other condition caused by sin. Will the deaf still be deaf in their glorified bodies? Will anyone missing a limb still be missing one? Of course not.

Have you believed that God will punish you for being overweight by making you stay overweight forever? If that is the case, remember that Jesus took on all of the punishments for our sins. In God's eyes, there's nothing a believer could be punished for.

That being said, I think diversity in body shape to some extent glorifies God and will still be present. A heavy lifter looks different from a body builder looks different from a marathon runner. If that diversity is something God intended, it will continue into our glorified bodies. I imagine there will still be people in our glorified bodies who are faster or stronger than other people, although I would guess even the worst will be more capable than what we see as champion atheletes now. The same is probably true of things like height, again barring deformities or abnormalities. But those things are speculation on my part based on observations of trend's and God's character

Lovin Jesus

My question is...

If those who are fat going into the resurrection, will they remain fat for all eternity?

And yes, I'm nervous.
If you wonder what you will look like in your glorified body I think this verses tells us.

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1 John 3:1

Imagine if everything God created in the beginning was Good you will be Good. If you will be like Jesus imagine how perfect you will be.

Edit to add
another thing to think about is that when we are in glory we will be given our hearts desires. God wont give us something se are satisfied with. He will only bless us with what brings us satisfaction.

Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
psalm 37:4

The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing.
Psalm 145:15-16

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

I agree with the early 30s. Isn’t that about the age we quite growing and start the declining process? Seems like I heard of read that somewhere.
In reality, because of disease/death being in this world, we begin our decline even before conception. It just becomes particularly noticeable by age 30 or 40. Very few athletes are able to maintain peak performance after age 40. Even opera singers complain that their voices are simply not what they used to be after age 50. I personally, am looking forward to getting my singing voice back in tip-top shape in order to sing praises to my Saviour. :) :woohoo

Watchin'

My question is...

And yes, I'm nervous.

Ha. I hope not. I've been working hard to lose weight and I hope I won't be stuck where I am now for eternity. :heh

Then again looking like I did around age 30 would be cool. I did not appreciate that enough when it happened. For my 6th grader's sake tho I hope he won't be stuck at his current age. Just going by my feeble human mind right now! Of course whatever God has in store for us will be the best ever and I totally trust Him. But it's fun to think about.

MsDoris

alright so here is a thought i just had.
so after the good lord comes back and we can live with him for all eternity i know that we will remain the same with the same likes and dislikes and personality etc etc just in our glorified bodies. so my question is when we leave and go into our glorified bodies will we remain the same age we are now?
say for example if we were to leave now and once we got in heaven in our new bodies would we be the same age as we were on earth? would older people become younger and younger people become older? or will we all become all one age? or just simply stay the same age we are now and continue to age? or just stay the same age as we were when we left ?

i know strange question but it was a thought :lol
we all have thoughts about what it will be like in heaven, that's for sure. :)

so here's how I answer my own questions when they pop up like that... Overall the MOST IMPORTANT thing is getting there, right? Then all our questions will be answered and all things revealed because Heaven will be beyond our imagination. We can spectacle all day long over questions like those. Recently, my daughter was asking those same questions. And I've asked those same questions to a lot of different people with different ideas. In the end, I just wanna be rapture ready!!

MsDoris

Ha. I hope not. I've been working hard to lose weight and I hope I won't be stuck where I am now for eternity. :heh

Then again looking like I did around age 30 would be cool. I did not appreciate that enough when it happened. For my 6th grader's sake tho I hope he won't be stuck at his current age. Just going by my feeble human mind right now! Of course whatever God has in store for us will be the best ever and I totally trust Him. But it's fun to think about.
LOL I hope not too!!! I looking forward to that skinny girl that lives inside me and of course I wanna go back to 30! Bahahaha

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My question is...

And yes, I'm nervous.

Probably only if you want to be. If you don't want the extra pounds I reckon you won't have to carry it around for all eternity.

I personally wonder if my glorified body will be stuck with the Morgan's toe I'm saddled with in this old body.

TheRedeemed

This OP is certainly very ponderable, it has crossed my mind more than just a few times.

I have agreed with myself, that this is one of the myriad surprises and indescribable glories that Paul alluded to.

We will receive the body that God determines serves us both best. None of us will have any complaints about our glorified bodies, nor have to worry about what age it looks like. Some folks felt and looked better in their 50’s than 20’s, they may desire to have that body again, whereas for others they may like to be 20 something again, God will deliver what we need.

Excellent discussion here, as it’s something that probably 99% of us think about.

Wings Like Eagles

I think you can see this all the way back in Genesis. God made a point of making the universe in 6 days instead of instantly, and that was before sin entered into creation. God saw each day as good, so time itself is a good part of God's creation. We see time as evil because it is tied to death and decay, but death is going to be thrown into the lake of fire. What will be left is time not shackled by anything that would taint it.

Every created being is subject to time because there was a point we did not exist. Only God is eternal without beginning or end. People being outside of time would require our creation to be erased and for us to have always existed alongside God, which logically isn't possible. If there ever will be a point where we will be outside of time, that means we currently ARE outside of time, so there would be two of each believer, one existing now that is a created being and one that always existed outside of time with God... Doesn't make sense to me.
I totally agree with what you have said here. :)

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
In reality, because of disease/death being in this world, we begin our decline even before conception. It just becomes particularly noticeable by age 30 or 40. Very few athletes are able to maintain peak performance after age 40. Even opera singers complain that their voices are simply not what they used to be after age 50. I personally, am looking forward to getting my singing voice back in tip-top shape in order to sing praises to my Saviour. :) :woohoo
I just hope my singing voice gets better:lol I'm working on it tho:lolsign I would love to be in a band to play for our lord and savior!!! It would be awesome if I could play with David.

Back