okay yet another strange question

JSTyler

On the subject of knowing others we have known on earth, we must remember, the miracle of the change to our earthly body, will it not surly change our earthly knowledge of our mind, could we have powers beyond our earthly dreams ? God knows everything.
And what's truly wild about that is that He is eager to teach us what He knows...forever.
It's gonna be amaaaaaaaazing!

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
im seeing some really really good points and views here. i think i kinda agree with the 30s. because i don't think baby's would stay baby's because In my opinion the body is just a shell our spirit is who we actually are. our spirit AKA us will leave our body and go into our glorified ones including the baby's. so how i think is that since the baby's also have a spirit because they are innocent their sprit will also leave there body's and go into glorified body's.

makes' since to me. but then again no one actually knows 100% until that time comes.

Wings Like Eagles

alright so here is a thought i just had.
so after the good lord comes back and we can live with him for all eternity i know that we will remain the same with the same likes and dislikes and personality etc etc just in our glorified bodies. so my question is when we leave and go into our glorified bodies will we remain the same age we are now?
say for example if we were to leave now and once we got in heaven in our new bodies would we be the same age as we were on earth? would older people become younger and younger people become older? or will we all become all one age? or just simply stay the same age we are now and continue to age? or just stay the same age as we were when we left ?

i know strange question but it was a thought :lol
Good question and it has been kicked around for ages. I personally take the Lord's word on the Resurrection literally. He said that, in the Resurrection, we will be like the angels in heaven (He said we would not marry there for that reason--God's holy angels do not marry). But, just as it is unthinkable that we would have children without marriage, it is unthinkable that we would age at all. How could we, since aging is an aspect of disease? Since our resurrection bodies will not die, why would they age? I think that those who are children here will be as the angels in heaven and be fully mature and we adults will be as the angels in heaven--vital and strong. Jesus had His glorified body in John's vision and it was somewhat strange to look upon. I suspect we will as well, since Jesus is the "first of many brethren".

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

im seeing some really really good points and views here. i think i kinda agree with the 30s. because i don't think baby's would stay baby's because In my opinion the body is just a shell our spirit is who we actually are. our spirit AKA us will leave our body and go into our glorified ones including the baby's. so how i think is that since the baby's also have a spirit because they are innocent their sprit will also leave there body's and go into glorified body's.

makes' since to me. but then again no one actually knows 100% until that time comes.
I think their innocence makes them especially dear to the Father. Jesus noted that their angels (which could be translated "spirits") are ever before the throne of God the Father.

Wings Like Eagles

Q
How will we recognize our loved ones in heaven? Will they have the same facial looks that they had on earth? I know that they are spirits but I am a bit confused on this topic. We have spoken about this topic at work and no one really knows the answer!
A
If we die before the rapture then we will arrive in Heaven in spirit form. But at the rapture both the living and the dead will receive immortal physical bodies (1 Cor. 15:51-53). What those bodies will look like is still unknown to us (1 John 3:2) but in 1 Cor. 13:12 Paul said when we are made perfect we will know fully even as we are fully known.
Although physical beings can’t see spiritual beings, except on special occasions, I believe places like Luke 16:19-31 indicate that spiritual beings can see and recognize each other. Putting these passages together, I believe whether we are in spirit form or physical form we will recognize others and be recognized by them.
Yes.

Rocky R.

I believe that we will be brought to a point in our lives -- different for every human being -- what our DNA-dictated optimum point of development is. It's different for every person, and each one of us, I believe, will be brought to the optimal mature point that our individual DNA dictates. For some it might be 30, others may cap out at 25. Each of us will have different heights, weights, talents, colors, etc. And despite how we appear or what we like, or even what we excel at we will all be brought together because of One Name -- Jesus!

BlessedAssurance

I personally don't believe that we will be at a set "age," as we know age to be here. Age is just a way we measure time on earth, but rather that all of us will be at our "prime" in health, beauty, and exactly the way God intended us before the curse.

However we look, I can guarantee that we will all be VERY happy with our glorified bodies! :cloud9 I can't wait!

Wings Like Eagles

Immortality has no age since it's eternal so there will be no age. We have age now because we keep track of time. Eternity has no time. Time for us came from having the death sentence before us. An end. Eternity had no end so no need for time and no age is needed so we won't have an age set for us.
I think time was created by the Father for mankind and will always be there--for us. God the Father "dwells in unapproachable light" and lives outside of time. One clue that time will still exist is that, in the Eternal State, there will be "a new crop of fruit every month". The physical universe has time built into it. Jesus became subject to time and all things were made through Him in the physical universe. (John 1:3; Hebrews 1:2 and Colossians 1:16) Even though time will still exist for us, without the sting of death, it won't be a point of sadness. The passage of time becomes poignant because of the reality of death. We have a sadly limited amount of time to spend here with our loved ones, because of our mortality--we "wither like grass". But, we will be able to be with our loved ones forever (that's why it is more important to evangelize our families than any other people)--and not even have any rancor ever. We should remember that the next time we have a marital spat. ;)

Wings Like Eagles

@Wings Like Eagles
I hear you. You make goid poits but the way I see it is how Ecclesiastes explains time.
If you read Chapter 3:1-8 everything it mentions about time has a cintrast to it. Good with bad.
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Everything God created was good. (Genesis 1 and 2).
Time came about due to sin. The clock of time began when sin came about. If we look at eternity theres no need for time. When we look at immortality theres no need for time. We, Jesus bride have immortality, something not even the angels have. This is where I disagree that God created time. Time was a result of the fall of man. Jesus didn't become subject to time. He died as a sacrifice, not due to sin, he had no sin. So he was not subject bto time as we are.mThe book of Ecclesiastes is the only book of the Bible that describes time for what it is. It has a contrast in it. Something good with something that isnt good such as what it mentions, war and peace, life and death, born and die, mourn and dance, love and hate. Contrasting something good with something that isnt good. God didn't create it but allows it to exist for his purpose.
Deep thoughts. You may be right. On this side of eternity, we are only left to wonder. :)

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
The physical universe has time built into it. Jesus became subject to time and all things were made through Him in the physical universe. (John 1:3; Hebrews 1:2 and Colossians 1:16) Even though time will still exist for us, without the sting of death, it won't be a point of sadness.

I think you can see this all the way back in Genesis. God made a point of making the universe in 6 days instead of instantly, and that was before sin entered into creation. God saw each day as good, so time itself is a good part of God's creation. We see time as evil because it is tied to death and decay, but death is going to be thrown into the lake of fire. What will be left is time not shackled by anything that would taint it.

Every created being is subject to time because there was a point we did not exist. Only God is eternal without beginning or end. People being outside of time would require our creation to be erased and for us to have always existed alongside God, which logically isn't possible. If there ever will be a point where we will be outside of time, that means we currently ARE outside of time, so there would be two of each believer, one existing now that is a created being and one that always existed outside of time with God... Doesn't make sense to me.

Lovin Jesus

I agree with the early 30s. Isn’t that about the age we quite growing and start the declining process? Seems like I heard of read that somewhere.

The age of 30 that Jsus was when he began his ministry comes from his being Jewish and Jewish law and traditions had age groups for everything. They had the age of 13 for the Bar Mitzvah which signifies a boy's religious adulthood. At the age of 30 in Jewish tradition that was the appropriate age to become a teacher. This is why Jesus started his ministry, teaching at 30. Remember, he was called "teacher". So, Jesus being 30 at his ministry falls under Jewish tradition thats why he was 30 at the times he began his ministry at that age. Jesus was perfect since conception so going by his age to determine the age we will be in heaven is hard to think of being the age we will be in heaven because no matter what age Jesus was at any point he was perfect.

As flawed humans we start declining from the momemt we take our first breath.

Lovin Jesus

The age of 30 that Jsus was when he began his ministry comes from his being Jewish and Jewish law and traditions had age groups for everything. They had the age of 13 for the Bar Mitzvah which signifies a boy's religious adulthood. At the age of 30 in Jewish tradition that was the appropriate age to become a teacher. This is why Jesus started his ministry, teaching at 30. Remember, he was called "teacher". So, Jesus being 30 at his ministry falls under Jewish tradition thats why he was 30 at the times he began his ministry at that age. Jesus was perfect since conception so going by his age to determine the age we will be in heaven is hard to think of being the age we will be in heaven because no matter what age Jesus was at any point he was perfect.

As flawed humans we start declining from the momemt we take our first breath.
I apologize for the way my words came out. Im still half asleep and my brain isnt functioning too good so my wording is off. Sorry

Back