okay yet another strange question

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
alright so here is a thought i just had.
so after the good lord comes back and we can live with him for all eternity i know that we will remain the same with the same likes and dislikes and personality etc etc just in our glorified bodies. so my question is when we leave and go into our glorified bodies will we remain the same age we are now?
say for example if we were to leave now and once we got in heaven in our new bodies would we be the same age as we were on earth? would older people become younger and younger people become older? or will we all become all one age? or just simply stay the same age we are now and continue to age? or just stay the same age as we were when we left ?

i know strange question but it was a thought :lol

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I agree with pixel that this is something we'll just have to wait and see about. Since we don't have any revelation on this topic, it can only be speculation. That being said, I'm guessing we will just have the look of generic adults with an ageless quality. I very much doubt there will be things that come with age like wrinkles and aches and pains and baldness. I would say it's very likely we will be at the peak of our physical condition, whatever age that would be for each person. As for younger believers automatically aging in the rapture, that I don't have any opinions on. It's a toss up for me.

WaitingForTheTrumpet

Q
How will we recognize our loved ones in heaven? Will they have the same facial looks that they had on earth? I know that they are spirits but I am a bit confused on this topic. We have spoken about this topic at work and no one really knows the answer!
A
If we die before the rapture then we will arrive in Heaven in spirit form. But at the rapture both the living and the dead will receive immortal physical bodies (1 Cor. 15:51-53). What those bodies will look like is still unknown to us (1 John 3:2) but in 1 Cor. 13:12 Paul said when we are made perfect we will know fully even as we are fully known.
Although physical beings can’t see spiritual beings, except on special occasions, I believe places like Luke 16:19-31 indicate that spiritual beings can see and recognize each other. Putting these passages together, I believe whether we are in spirit form or physical form we will recognize others and be recognized by them.

Kerbluey

I agree with Jack. I think we will look around 33. I think it’s really a perfect age. You’re adult but not old. You're still young but not a child or teen or even young adult. You’re still healthy and energetic. Generally, that is. I know we will be perfected and health/energy won’t be an issue, but this seems sensible to me that mid thirties will be what we will look like.

sawas

Maybe we'll be ageless in the sense that we can be seen at any of our past age when we were limited by time as we know it.
This makes a lot of sense to me, actually. I think we often forget that the base condition of God and heaven is beyond (or outside) of time. Really hard for us to imagine. Aside from it's common application to issues related to "cessationism", I'm inclined to interpret 1 Cor 13:12 (..."now we see through a glass darkly") as pertaining to this issue of how we would enter a reality that extends beyond our four dimensions, specifically as it relates to time which (in turn) relates directly to our concept and perception of bodily age. Who knows what an "ageless" being looks like?

Last edited:

JSTyler

I agree with pixel that this is something we'll just have to wait and see about. Since we don't have any revelation on this topic, it can only be speculation. That being said, I'm guessing we will just have the look of generic adults with an ageless quality. I very much doubt there will be things that come with age like wrinkles and aches and pains and baldness. I would say it's very likely we will be at the peak of our physical condition, whatever age that would be for each person. As for younger believers automatically aging in the rapture, that I don't have any opinions on. It's a toss up for me.
Hey now! I've earned my wrinkles, scars, grimaces, grumps and white hair...I plan on keeping them :wink2

Age is a two-parter. One being chronological, and that is certainly an unknown but as long as I don't feel my current age as I do now, I don't care what counts as age in my glorified state. The other aspect of age is experience/wisdom/knowledge and THAT is what has my interest piqued. How will that factor in?
Or, are we all going to have a type of "reset" where we are as little children? :thinking

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
The other aspect of age is experience/wisdom/knowledge and THAT is what has my interest piqued. How will that factor in?
Or, are we all going to have a type of "reset" where we are as little children?

Again speculation on my part, but if we have a reset of any kind, I feel like it would be in the innocence department and not the experience department. Like someone who is good at playing piano wouldn't have to relearn the piano.

One thing that will change though is how we view experience. If someone spent their entire life on caepentry here, say, 60 years of work until they retired, we would view them as a very skilled carpenter. They would have so much experience, that it would would be impossible to catch up to. If I decide to learn carpentry after the rapture, they have 60 years of experience over me. If they continue to improve, in 60 years I will have 60 years of experience, and they will still have double, 120. But 1000 years from now, I have 1000 and they have 1060, we're getting pretty close to equal. 10,000 years, would it even matter at that point? 1,000,000 years, and 60 years is a blink of an eye.

Never running out of time will give us plenty of time to do whatever we want when it comes to learning something. Although with how God created people to be diverse in personality, skill, and ability, I imagine there will always be things even into eternity that some people will just naturally be better at, to the glory of God.

Again though, alllllll speculation on my part

JSTyler

One thing that will change though is how we view experience. If someone spent their entire life on caepentry here, say, 60 years of work until they retired, we would view them as a very skilled carpenter. They would have so much experience, that it would would be impossible to catch up to. If I decide to learn carpentry after the rapture, they have 60 years of experience over me. If they continue to improve, in 60 years I will have 60 years of experience, and they will still have double, 120. But 1000 years from now, I have 1000 and they have 1060, we're getting pretty close to equal. 10,000 years, would it even matter at that point? 1,000,000 years, and 60 years is a blink of an eye.

Never running out of time will give us plenty of time to do whatever we want when it comes to learning something. Although with how God created people to be diverse in personality, skill, and ability, I imagine there will always be things even into eternity that some people will just naturally be better at, to the glory of God.

Again though, alllllll speculation on my part
Hey folks, we've discovered that mathmagician in our ranks. And I say that with all due respect, as numbers-crunching hurts me noggin.

Again speculation on my part, but if we have a reset of any kind, I feel like it would be in the innocence department and not the experience department. Like someone who is good at playing piano wouldn't have to relearn the piano.
I really-really love the way you put this. Speculation granted, it feels like a puzzle piece that fits.

Last edited:
Back