Ocasio-Cortez submits amendment to block arms sale to Israel

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ocasio-Cortez submits amendment to block arms sale to Israel
NY Democrat calls for halting transfer of precision-guided munitions to Israel ‘over the bombing of Palestinian civilians, media centers’
By TOI staff
18 September 2021

Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has submitted an amendment to the annual United States defense spending bill to block the sale of precision-guided munitions to Israel. According to a statement released on Thursday by her office, the resolution would prevent the transfer of $735 million worth of Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) tail kits to Israel. The kits turn unguided bombs into GPS guided missiles.

Ocasio-Cortez also submitted amendments to prevent weapons sales to Saudi Arabia and Colombia over alleged human rights abuses. The New York lawmaker, a leading member in the so-called “Squad” of progressive Democrats, submitted a similar measure in May during fighting between Israel and the Gaza-ruling Hamas terror group. In a tweet, Ocasio-Cortez said that the amendment relating to Israel was “over the bombing of Palestinian civilians, media centers,” apparently referring to the bombing of a building in Gaza City that housed the offices of the Associated Press and Al-Jazeera.

more............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/ocasio-cortez-submits-amendment-to-block-arms-sale-to-israel/

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Honestly, reading over several articles in this Israeli section of the board, and looking over the headlines, it is just infuriating, the paces that the world puts Israel through. And the amount of pure hatred and venom that is spewed at that tiny nation constantly.
I find it very easy to believe/know that Israel is protected and preserved by God alone.
And I find it easy to believe that those who go against her will be punished.

athenasius

Honestly, reading over several articles in this Israeli section of the board, and looking over the headlines, it is just infuriating, the paces that the world puts Israel through. And the amount of pure hatred and venom that is spewed at that tiny nation constantly.
I find it very easy to believe/know that Israel is protected and preserved by God alone.
And I find it easy to believe that those who go against her will be punished.
I like Jim Fletcher's essays on Rapture Ready and todays was this very subject. https://www.raptureready.com/category/israel-watch/

I'm sure Chris will post it here soon, but it was talking about that very thing. Watching as Israel is pushed aside to be alone.

It's another reason I think the Rapture is close. Because true Bible believing Christians with a clear understanding of Israel in the Bible will always stand with her, pray for her and plead with God for her protection. We pray His will in these matters.

It's one of the ways the Holy Spirit acts to restrain evil, particularly evil against Israel.

But till we leave, in the Rapture, there are always Christians pleading with God for Israel's defence, for her salvation, for her protection. All around the world.

I think it's when we leave, and the Holy Spirit's actions as the Restrainer acting thru the church, is done==== THEN the forces of the enemy will see their opportunity as they will see it, to attack.

Not realizing that God wants just that situation to turn Israel back to HIM!

And God will rain down fury and judgment from heaven upon those invaders of Ezek 38 (and upon Syria for launching whatever it is that they do, that ends up becoming Isaiah 17)

We are no longer in the way-- God can pour out His anger.

I have long been drawn by the wording of Ezekiel and Isaiah-- God wants to make Himself known among the Gentiles thru these wars, as well as turning the Jews back to Him.

If we were around among the many Gentile nations, that wording wouldn't be quite accurate. That means to me, we are gone. Add that to my point about the Restrainer being removed, leaving Israel without a friend in the world.

cshere

I like Jim Fletcher's essays on Rapture Ready and todays was this very subject. https://www.raptureready.com/category/israel-watch/

I'm sure Chris will post it here soon, but it was talking about that very thing. Watching as Israel is pushed aside to be alone.

It's another reason I think the Rapture is close. Because true Bible believing Christians with a clear understanding of Israel in the Bible will always stand with her, pray for her and plead with God for her protection. We pray His will in these matters.

It's one of the ways the Holy Spirit acts to restrain evil, particularly evil against Israel.

But till we leave, in the Rapture, there are always Christians pleading with God for Israel's defence, for her salvation, for her protection. All around the world.

I think it's when we leave, and the Holy Spirit's actions as the Restrainer acting thru the church, is done==== THEN the forces of the enemy will see their opportunity as they will see it, to attack.

Not realizing that God wants just that situation to turn Israel back to HIM!

And God will rain down fury and judgment from heaven upon those invaders of Ezek 38 (and upon Syria for launching whatever it is that they do, that ends up becoming Isaiah 17)

We are no longer in the way-- God can pour out His anger.

I have long been drawn by the wording of Ezekiel and Isaiah-- God wants to make Himself known among the Gentiles thru these wars, as well as turning the Jews back to Him.

If we were around among the many Gentile nations, that wording wouldn't be quite accurate. That means to me, we are gone. Add that to my point about the Restrainer being removed, leaving Israel without a friend in the world.
In my reading today, it struck me again that God is waiting for Israel to really mean the prayers found in the Psalms, particularly around 148 or something like that. It is focusing on praising the Lord and about the Lord's children ruling in Righteousness....how God is their God as a nation (also applies to all His children, I get that), but, that Israel should not look at herself as a lonely little nation, but, as the nation God has chosen to Lead the Whole World....with His chosen Messiah. To destroy evil and allow God's laws to rule the whole earth.

Since they missed His first appearance, the church is, in a sense in a protection mode for Israel through intercession, as you are stating. And, as you say, soon, this function of the church will be over, and Israel will be crying to the Lord alone for the Messiah to come and lead them as the nation He created them to be....

I cannot wait! I am super excited about the Lord's rule, as I know you are all, too! I think when we are called home, we will understand the stark difference between darkness and Light and will be ecstatic about watching His rule come over Israel to take its God-ordained place as leader of all nations....Love to you all!