Obama: 'We're Going to Have to Change How the Media Reports'

Almost Heaven

In a discussion on poverty at Georgetown Tuesday, President Obama said the only way we can change how the body politic thinks on issues like welfare is "to change how the media reports."

In his standard ultra-partisan mode, Obama set his compassionate understanding of the plight of the poor against the stone-hearted perspective of Republicans and conservative media (Fox News), who he said portray the poor as "leeches" who are "undeserving" of society's generosity:

OBAMA: I think that the effort to suggest that the poor are sponges, leeches, don’t want to work, are lazy, are undeserving, got traction. And look, it’s still being propagated. I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue. They will find folks who make me mad. I don’t know where they find them. They’re all like, “I don’t want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.” And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up. And very rarely do you hear an interview of a waitress, which is much more typical — who is raising a couple of kids and doing everything right but still can’t pay the bills.

And so, if we’re going to change how Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) and Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) think, we’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues, and how people’s impressions of what it’s like to struggle in this economy looks like. And how budgets connect to that. And that’s a hard process because that requires a much broader conversation than typically we have on the nightly news.
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obama-were-going-have-change-how-media-reports

Lily

Looking Up
Obama's been wanting control of the media. He's got his villain FoxNews and this is most likely only the beginning. I wonder what his plan is to take control of the media.

btw, I thought the liberal agenda is tolerance but they can't allow Boehner and McConnell to think what they want to think. Let's change how Obama and liberals think instead. Let's dictate what liberal media can say instead. That's what should be done instead.

Cruxador

The media already have an agenda and report what the owners of said media want reported, and they ignore what they don't want the public to see.

Owners of each of the major news:

-NBC news(includes MSNBC): Comcast(formerly General Electric and Vivendi), Rockefeller family heavily linked with this one.
-ABC news: Walt Disney Corporation
-CBS news: CBS Corporation is controlled by Sumner Redstone through National Amusements, which also controls the current Viacom.
-CNN: Owned by Time-Warner
-Fox: Owned by News Corporation, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch with a major shareholder being the Saudi Royal Family.

railfan727

I'm so sick and tired of "Hitler II"!!!

He really needs to go. "Let his days be few. Let another take his office." - Psalm 109:8

Heistheway

They have been in lockstep with he and his cronies, since he first declared his intent to run for president! When he did, did the media investigate his background? If they did, they hid what they learned. They should have been suspicious of his birth certificate irregularities, his muddy if not intentionally vague origins, lies on forms for education and grants, hidden collegiate records, white-washed associations, and so on ad nauseam. I am not a certified birther, but why is the trail so untraceable? Uncertain, and changes from time to time?

No story is ever constant with this fellow, and the media behaves like Helen Keller.