Oak Lawn United Methodist- falls to LGBTQ agenga

Bethlehem57

Saw this on Rapture Ready news….

Oak Lawn United Methodist churc and it’s Rev. Rachel Baughman will appoint Isabel Marquez and Ryan Wager, staff members at Oak Lawn UMC who respectively identify as lesbian and gay, without the authorization of the North Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. They approved this after it was denied by the bishop of the United Methodist Church. The church’s pastor/reverend Baughman lead the appointments for Ryan Wager and Isabel Marquez, who were denied appointment by the Bishop of the UMC, were placed as pastors for gay members of this church and Baughman stated in the article that “Baughman said she’s aware that her actions may have repercussions on her career and ministry, but it is worth the risk.”

According to the Bishop of the UMC “The act is considered “civil disobedience” and defiance against the church. Unlike other denominations, bishops within the Methodist Church traditionally appoint local and elder pastors to serve a congregation. The move comes as the Methodist Church formally splits over the issue of LGBTQ marriage. “Oak Lawn remains in the original denomination and is designated as a Reconciling Congregation, one committed to LGBTQ inclusion.” “Reconciling Congregation”…aka False Teaching.

Worth the risk of the penalty the Bible clearly explains as false teaching and the judgment that comes from teaching this false doctrine and leading people astray from the Gospel?? Unbelievable! Sickening and heart breaking when one realizes the penalty for this false teacher and those who were fed lies. How can one who claims to be a teacher of God’s Word, a pastor/reverend who has been told “NO” by the very governing authority over this denomination, defy authority and appoint these two as clergy in her churich? And look at what started this, which is a woman as a pastor/reverend! I know that I will make some of you angry, but the Bible teaches that women are not to teach over men. The same in a family….the husband is to be over and responsible for his wife and family, even to the point of answering to God about how as men with authority over the family, led their wives/family.

1 Tim. 2:11-12 “Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.”

1 Tim. 2:13-14.”For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived"
There is a lot of division over these verses, but taken literally, man was created first and is over the woman. And verses in 1 Tim. also state that elders are to be men.

Certainly there are women that teach Bible school, but they are either teaching other women or children.

Once a church or we, ourselves, as Christians/Believers allow Satan an inch, he takes a mile. Compromise for us, anything that is contrary to the Bible, must be stopped immediately. I believe this is why we see so many churches being led astray. It’s very hard to find a church that hasn’t given in to the world for popularity, fame, money, etc. When we moved to the Bible Belt back in the 80’s, it was hard NOT TO find a church that wasn’t fake. Now, that is the agenda of most and it’s even harder to find a church that isn’t afraid to preach pre-millennialI am, including the Rapture, Hell, the Anti Christ, the Tribulation or the Final Judgment and Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
We have a local Episcopalian church here that has a LGBTQ+ support group for teens. I was absolutely floored when I heard of it. With a couple of other threads I've read on here this morning it hurts to see churches go to the way of the world.
The truth is they were never really rooted and grounded in the :bible word of God or this wouldn't be happening. You are either on Gods :lightbulb side or the dark :diablo side.

Bedra1958

I left the organized "church" long ago. I felt guilt over that as we're not to forsake fellowship, but it is rare to find a congregation nowadays that is not apostate. We need to just stick to His Word, plain and simple. We are the church, not the organizations or buildings. Just having His Word has sustained me, even though I miss fellowship...being here on Rapture Forums is fellowship, and it's a great big blessing.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I left the organized "church" long ago. I felt guilt over that as we're not to forsake fellowship, but it is rare to find a congregation nowadays that is not apostate. We need to just stick to His Word, plain and simple. We are the church, not the organizations or buildings. Just having His Word has sustained me, even though I miss fellowship...being here on Rapture Forums is fellowship, and it's a great big blessing.
I agree it is a shame to see how churches have gone apostate. This is a place for fellowship and there are some sound doctrine pastors online. I will not mention names because we are not suppose to.

Jaybird

You should take a look at Andy Woods sermon concerning how apostasy in the Church is a major sign of the end times. Another member posted this in another thread (that I can't recall). Anyway, here is the link:https: //slbc.org/sermon/2-timothy-020-the-last-days-apostasy-of-the-church/

He really does a great job with the sermon.

Sorry you can't find a good church. I moved to another state and had the same problem. Apostasy in the church is like a cancer and is much more prevalent than you think and is spreading like wild fire. After listening to Andy's sermon the season of the Rapture is really here!

daygo

His series of talks on ezekiel war, he now says 38 and 39 are of a different time frame, does not make sense. He also talks about him having a different take on things than other teachers, need to listen more to him, at moment have a really bad feeling about him I sincerely hope I am wrong about him.

SarahRose

His series of talks on ezekiel war, he now says 38 and 39 are of a different time frame, does not make sense. He also talks about him having a different take on things than other teachers, need to listen more to him, at moment have a really bad feeling about him I sincerely hope I am wrong about him.
Hm....I'll keep that in mind...

I too hope you're wrong about him, but we have to be discerning. Thank you for the heads up.

Jaybird

Yes, there was another thread discussing his Ezekiel war stance and many disagreed with it. Now when someone starts saying they have a different take on things then I agree we should be watchful, that is usually a red flag. The reality is that post-Rapture a lot of these opinions are conjecture anyway as no one really knows the timing of some of the events.

SarahRose

Yes, there was another thread discussing his Ezekiel war stance and many disagreed with it. Now when someone starts saying they have a different take on things then I agree we should be watchful, that is usually a red flag. The reality is that post-Rapture a lot of these opinions are conjecture anyway as no one really knows the timing of some of the events.
True!

The first series on Revelation that I listened to was by a pastor who holds the same view as Andy Woods, with Ezekiel 38 being tied up with the second seal. But reading through that thread you mentioned, there were some really good points made. Hm...

It's a lot to think about.

Jaybird

There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion. In fact, I like to hear all the arguments for and against so I can make my own mind up. As long as they use proper logic and interpretation of the passages. When they have a "special revelation" then I run away.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Yes, and I think it's important to delineate what's a salvation/doctrine issue vs we have yet to see how prophecy will play out issue.

Although, stances on the Rapture can give insight to where some doctrinal issues may be held.