NYT: Google and Apple Formed Agreement to Control the Internet

Lovin Jesus

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ple-formed-agreement-to-control-the-internet/

A recent report from the New York Times states that the Justice Department is targeting a secretive partnership between Apple and Google worth billions of dollars as part of its landmark antitrust case. The deal, which cemented Google’s control of internet search, is described as “one of the most lucrative business deals in history” by the Times.

Breitbart News recently reported that the Department of Justice has filed its hotly-anticipated antitrust lawsuit against Google. 11 states also joined the DOJ action against the internet giant. The lawsuit claims that the company engaged in anticompetitive practices in order to preserve monopolies in the search and advertising components that make up huge sections of the tech firm’s main business.

Now, the New York Times has outlined one deal between Apple and Google that is reportedly an area of focus in the case. The deal cemented Google as the primary search engine on Apple’s devices, funneling massive amounts of traffic to the search giant.

The New York Times writes:

When Tim Cook and Sundar Pichai, the chief executives of Apple and Google, were photographed eating dinner together in 2017 at an upscale Vietnamese restaurant called Tamarine, the picture set off a tabloid-worthy frenzy about the relationship between the two most powerful companies in Silicon Valley.

As the two men sipped red wine at a window table inside the restaurant in Palo Alto, their companies were in tense negotiations to renew one of the most lucrative business deals in history: an agreement to feature Google’s search engine as the preselected choice on Apple’s iPhone and other devices. The updated deal was worth billions of dollars to both companies and cemented their status at the top of the tech industry’s pecking order.

Now, the partnership is in jeopardy. Last Tuesday, the Justice Department filed a landmark lawsuit against Google — the U.S. government’s biggest antitrust case in two decades — and homed in on the alliance as a prime example of what prosecutors say are the company’s illegal tactics to protect its monopoly and choke off competition in web search.

Breitbart News previously reported that the Justice Department has been planning to bring an antitrust case against Google for some time. The recent filing comes after Attorney General William P. Barr reportedly overruled lawyers who said they needed more time to build a case against the tech giant.

It was reported that the company has been under investigation for almost a year with dozens of Justice Department lawyers working in two groups, each overseeing a separate line of inquiry. The two main areas being investigated were Google’s dominance in search and the company’s control over the online advertising ecosystem.

Google has control over approximately 90 percent of web searches worldwide, many rivals have complained that Google extends its dominance by making its search and browsing tools defaults on phones running its Android operating system.

Lovin Jesus

I knew something wasnt right with the google search engine. I’m glad I got rid of it and got a different one. They were blocking my access to certain websites and even when I got on Rapture Forums they were scrambling my pages and I couldn’t see them. The internet is no longer a threat from the typical hackers, it’s them who’s the threat. Grrrr

SafReb

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ple-formed-agreement-to-control-the-internet/

A recent report from the New York Times states that the Justice Department is targeting a secretive partnership between Apple and Google worth billions of dollars as part of its landmark antitrust case. The deal, which cemented Google’s control of internet search, is described as “one of the most lucrative business deals in history” by the Times.

Breitbart News recently reported that the Department of Justice has filed its hotly-anticipated antitrust lawsuit against Google. 11 states also joined the DOJ action against the internet giant. The lawsuit claims that the company engaged in anticompetitive practices in order to preserve monopolies in the search and advertising components that make up huge sections of the tech firm’s main business.

Now, the New York Times has outlined one deal between Apple and Google that is reportedly an area of focus in the case. The deal cemented Google as the primary search engine on Apple’s devices, funneling massive amounts of traffic to the search giant.

When Tim Cook and Sundar Pichai, the chief executives of Apple and Google, were photographed eating dinner together in 2017 at an upscale Vietnamese restaurant called Tamarine, the picture set off a tabloid-worthy frenzy about the relationship between the two most powerful companies in Silicon Valley.

As the two men sipped red wine at a window table inside the restaurant in Palo Alto, their companies were in tense negotiations to renew one of the most lucrative business deals in history: an agreement to feature Google’s search engine as the preselected choice on Apple’s iPhone and other devices. The updated deal was worth billions of dollars to both companies and cemented their status at the top of the tech industry’s pecking order.

Now, the partnership is in jeopardy. Last Tuesday, the Justice Department filed a landmark lawsuit against Google — the U.S. government’s biggest antitrust case in two decades — and homed in on the alliance as a prime example of what prosecutors say are the company’s illegal tactics to protect its monopoly and choke off competition in web search.

Breitbart News previously reported that the Justice Department has been planning to bring an antitrust case against Google for some time. The recent filing comes after Attorney General William P. Barr reportedly overruled lawyers who said they needed more time to build a case against the tech giant.

It was reported that the company has been under investigation for almost a year with dozens of Justice Department lawyers working in two groups, each overseeing a separate line of inquiry. The two main areas being investigated were Google’s dominance in search and the company’s control over the online advertising ecosystem.

Google has control over approximately 90 percent of web searches worldwide, many rivals have complained that Google extends its dominance by making its search and browsing tools defaults on phones running its Android operating system.
As much as I disagree with the dubious and nefarious activities of Big Tec, and though I call for greater scrutiny, transparency and fairness, there is something unnerving about the way governments, specially the EU, and in particular the UK, are pushing for control of social media outlets and anyone who disagrees with the globalists' narrative. I feel that this is a trojan horse that will lead to the regulation of the Internet which was spearheaded by the UK government at the UN General Assembly in 2014, by PM David Cameron.

In 2017, Amber Rudd, then Home Secretary, met representatives of Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Facebook. Following the meeting she said:

"My starting point is pretty straightforward. I don’t think that people who want to do us harm should be able to use the internet or social media to do so. I want to make sure we are doing everything we can to stop this."

Later, Germany, UK, France and others started, through the propaganda media, a campaign for "hate speech laws".

I always thought that the UK had very little clout as a "deep state" masters but in the last few months I have been shocked at how much they have been influencing and even instigating global agendas.

I also believe that big tec is deliberately causing chaos in order for governments to push through their agenda. Remember that tech companies like Google, and others were statups funded by the intelligence services.

It is why also they have been shielded from prosecution and governments have failed to create laws to curb their monopolies, that destroys competitions.

This is the history of how big tec is been used to eventually regulate the internet:
https://www.ukcolumn.org/censored

Lovin Jesus

As much as I disagree with the dubious and nefarious activities of Big Tec, and though I call for greater scrutiny, transparency and fairness, there is something unnerving about the way governments, specially the EU, and in particular the UK, are pushing for control of social media outlets and anyone who disagrees with the globalists' narrative. I feel that this is a trojan horse that will lead to the regulation of the Internet which was spearheaded by the UK government at the UN General Assembly in 2014, by PM David Cameron.

In 2017, Amber Rudd, then Home Secretary, met representatives of Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Facebook. Following the meeting she said:

"My starting point is pretty straightforward. I don’t think that people who want to do us harm should be able to use the internet or social media to do so. I want to make sure we are doing everything we can to stop this."

Later, Germany, UK, France and others started, through the propaganda media, a campaign for "hate speech laws".

I always thought that the UK had very little clout as a "deep state" masters but in the last few months I have been shocked at how much they have been influencing and even instigating global agendas.

I also believe that big tec is deliberately causing chaos in order for governments to push through their agenda. Remember that tech companies like Google, and others were statups funded by the intelligence services.

It is why also they have been shielded from prosecution and governments have failed to create laws to curb their monopolies, that destroys competitions.

This is the history of how big tec is been used to eventually regulate the internet:
https://www.ukcolumn.org/censored
Yeah government will stop censorship from big tech but the government will censor you like China

MapleLeaf

I don't care who is the tyrant: big tech or government. Both end up looking the same to me. They're in cahoots anyways, each thinking they are the one really in charge and the other their puppet. It's Sauruman vs Sauron all over again.

Lovin Jesus

I have a question about Apple. I have an iPad. I’ve had it a while but it sent me a message asking me to verify my phone number so I can continue having access to my apps. It sounds fishy to me. What would they be asking this for? Another thing that’s weird is when I tried to disable my camera, a message told me by disabling the camera all my other apps may not work anymore. This sounds fishy to me too. What does whether I want a camera or not have to do with the other apps?
Thoughts?

Lovin Jesus

I notice something in just the past couple of weeks. There are several news sources on the internet that now have sections of their pages blocked out in black or white and can’t see the information behind it though a little bit of end words can be seen. Also noticing many of them are now requiring to log in with a password or to sign up for a subscription which they didn’t used to have before. I believe they are censoring is big time right now. Limiting what we have access to see now on the internet.
Though every website is an individual entity and are somewhat in control of its contents, I think that the website owners are contracted with Google to set up their websites so Google has the ability to manipulate those websites contents
Idk but there’s been a huge change in using the internet service and I’ve seen it

Rocky R.

Google is the biggest bully on the Internet. Goodbye web creativity. Every website has to fit a certain mold, or it won't rank well in Google search.

MePlus6

I have a question about Apple. I have an iPad. I’ve had it a while but it sent me a message asking me to verify my phone number so I can continue having access to my apps. It sounds fishy to me. What would they be asking this for? Another thing that’s weird is when I tried to disable my camera, a message told me by disabling the camera all my other apps may not work anymore. This sounds fishy to me too. What does whether I want a camera or not have to do with the other apps?
Thoughts?

When you say it sent you a message asking you to verify your phone number, how did you get the message? Text? Email? What?

As for the camera, I don't know of a way to disable the camera entirely. In Settings > Privacy, you can disable the camera per app but not overall. At least not on my version.

Lovin Jesus

When you say it sent you a message asking you to verify your phone number, how did you get the message? Text? Email? What?

As for the camera, I don't know of a way to disable the camera entirely. In Settings > Privacy, you can disable the camera per app but not overall. At least not on my version.

the message appeared every time I opened my iPad but by ignoring it I still had access. After like a week of that now the message doesn’t come up. What’s weird that I don’t like is that yesterday I noticed all my phone contacts on the iPad I never put them there. I had to figure out how to delete them. I did. This morning I picked up my phone and all of my contacts are gone. I went to start putting them back and saw that it says my contacts will be going to my gmail account, google. So it turns out my Android is connected to google altogether. I don’t know but I don’t like that. Also as for the camera, it said if I disable the camera on the iPad or my phone all my app as will be disabled. That’s insane. The iPad is a generation 7.

railfan727

They should put their energies into doing something about the dark web, which is like an Internet realm of hell....but that is too noble for them.
Not so fast. We ourselves might need to resort to the dark web soon!

It was pretty amazing to see these tech companies start up and go from nothing to controlling the world. Looking back, it's obvious Satan was behind it...

Lovin Jesus

I’ve had a lot of internet issues happening for a while now but today I’m not able to copy and cut or copy and paste anything on my iPad even changing search engines. How far is it going to go?